How did roy do this transfer window?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

How did roy do this transfer window?

He did extremely well: we will be up there challenging for the title
5%
He did well: we will at least be in the top 4
20%
He did OKAY: we brought in two good players but still no striker, we might struggle to finish 4th
56%
He didn't do well: not bringing another striker is a big mistake, we will improve from last season's position, probably 6th
17%
He failed: WTF still no striker? mid-table mediocrity here we come
2%

Total votes : 88

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:27 pm

matt_liverpool wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:And everyone knows we need back up to Torres - even when we did have a "functional midfield " the season before when Torres was out injured we didnt score goals.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

We finished 2nd that season and scored highest no. of goals in the league.

And yet failed to score against teams when we didnt have torres - how hard is that for you to understand - same as last season .
Benny The Noon

Postby matt_liverpool » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:35 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
matt_liverpool wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:And everyone knows we need back up to Torres - even when we did have a "functional midfield " the season before when Torres was out injured we didnt score goals.

And yet failed to score against teams when we didnt have torres - how hard is that for you to understand - same as last season .

:laugh:
Torres only scored 14 out of 77 goals we scored that season.  :laugh:
matt_liverpool

Postby In and Out » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:37 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Which 3 of yous voted 1? :laugh:

I reckon it was you nan and Benny  :nod

Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:37 pm

Torres only scored 14 out of 77 goals we scored that season.  :laugh:[/quote]
Its like talking to a brick wall it really is - if you think we can survive without torres for weeks or months then god help you .

Lets just see what happens when we lose him for a few matches .
Last edited by Benny The Noon on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benny The Noon

Postby Johnny Boy » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:39 pm

I think he did ok and went for option 3.

The lack of a new striker is worrying, but had Mascherano left earlier I believe we would have got one.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby matt_liverpool » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:42 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Lets just see what happens when we loose him for a few matches .

That's like a good boy Benny. Keep it up.  :D
matt_liverpool

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:44 pm

matt_liverpool wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote::laugh:

Its like talking to a brick wall it really is - if you think we can survive without torres for weeks or months then god help you .

Lets just see what happens when we loose him for a few matches .

fair enough.  :)

P.S. That's like a good boy Benny. Keep it up.  :D[/quote]
Dont worry im sure its nice and lonely to be in the group that thinks we dont need a back up to torres - ask mick he might even give you name for your little group so when it turns out every other person was right we can all point and laugh at you .  So is matt your real name Leg Barnes ? So are you Matt Barnes ?
Benny The Noon

Postby matt_liverpool » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:45 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
matt_liverpool wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote::laugh:

Lets just see what happens when we loose him for a few matches .

Dont worry im sure its nice and lonely to be in the group that thinks we dont need a back up to torres - ask mick he might even give you name for your little group so when it turns out every other person was right we can all point and laugh at you .  So is matt your real name Leg Barnes ? So are you Matt Barnes ?

There were few more before you were born.   :laugh:
matt_liverpool

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:46 pm

Oh well im sure it wont be long until your banned for a third time or will it be 4th time .
Benny The Noon

Postby matt_liverpool » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:50 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Oh well im sure it wont be long until your banned for a third time or will it be 4th time .

I know you are feeling guilty that you have just stole someone's else article and claimed it as your own. My condolence to you. :laugh:
matt_liverpool

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:51 pm

Anyway ignoring the infant -

I think you might be right Jonny but i would of hoped he would of at least lined something up the same way he did with Meriles .
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:52 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Why is the thread about Roy?

I can't blame him for lack of signings when we have no clue what sort of financial constraints he is under. We all know that H&G lie through there teeth regularly.

We all agree on that mate but he has been able to bring in a number of players.
We have signed 3 centre midfielders if you include Shelvey.
A keeper, a centre half and a couple of attacking wide players in Jovanovic and Cole.
They were necessary signings but for me striker given the injuries Torres has had should have been a priority.
I think he has got it wrong but understand that he did need to sign other players to.
I just pray Torres stays fit because if he doesnt i agree with Benny, we will struggle for goals.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:Why is the thread about Roy?

I can't blame him for lack of signings when we have no clue what sort of financial constraints he is under. We all know that H&G lie through there teeth regularly.

We all agree on that mate but he has been able to bring in a number of players.
We have signed 3 centre midfielders if you include Shelvey.
A keeper, a centre half and a couple of attacking wide players in Jovanovic and Cole.
They were necessary signings but for me striker given the injuries Torres has had should have been a priority.
I think he has got it wrong but understand that he did need to sign other players to.
I just pray Torres stays fit because if he doesnt i agree with Benny, we will struggle for goals.

yeah we did need to get other players but i agree that any funds we initially got from sales should of gone straight to a new striker and i will also be praying torres stays fit - he offers so much more than just his goals as well  .
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:02 pm

Hopefully in Jan we can bring in another striker. We must have some money left from the Mascherano deal.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:02 pm

matt_liverpool wrote:

:D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion