Houllier should go

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Danny » Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:42 pm

i respect houllier for what he has done rebuilding the team but i no longer have faith in him.

look at his buys - biscan (5 m), smicer (4.5 m), cheyrou (5 m), diouf (10 m), diao (5 m), Heskey (5 m). the list goes on. he has wasted the money he has.

how long will he persist with smicer for? he guy is not up to it. why let litmanen go? why go for diouf rather than anelka? why play kewell on the right and diouf on the left? why not accept that we lack width, play too deep and depend on the long ball over the top to owen?

i am sick of the rubbish excuses he comes out with. we have been left behind by chelsea and newcastle and i do not believe we will get in the champions league this year which means we will fall even further behind.

i dont like his tactics and his record in the transfer market is terrible.

am i the only one?
Danny

Postby DAV » Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:55 pm

nope.get rid of him
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:50 am

Actually Danny, Heskey was bought for 11 million and remains Liverpool's record purchase. Compare that to 7.5 million for Theirry Henry and 3.5 million for Ljungberg by Arsenal. Commectively same amount, but even Ljungberg alone is miles better that Heskey.
Also, Biscan was bought for 5.5 million and what a load of he has turned out to be...
Compare that to 4.5 million for Gilberto Silva, a hard working and effective holding player from Brazil (that is a rarity itself).
I saw Chelsea v Lstr City yesterday, and guess what? Chelsea's passing is so fluid compared to us and it reminded me to the bygone days of the Dalglish era where we would pass the opposition out of the park and win games in style. Although the defense at the time was nothing to shout about, we still created and CONVERTED much more than what we did today.
Now, Houllier is content to say that he "is happy with what he saw" because although Liverpool lost (yet again), Liverpool has 20 goal attempts against Chelsea. I wonder how he came up with 20 goal attempts...perhaps he is counting using binary basis!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the_welsh_tex » Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:24 pm

Totally agree with u lot on this,ive only just got online through an old computer i bought and only came on this site today and hope to be member for a long time,i live in swansea and discuss liverpool with other fans down here and all of them are saying that there is definaltley a problem with what houllier is doing,coming to the web site and seeing so many other fans saying"houllier is the problem within liverpool football club",i now realise that i wasnt being over critical,my opinion is that he fails to get the best out of players and when your the manager that is a problem,am i right or is it just me,we look very average,this is liverpool football club what is happening? ??? :(  :(  :(
the_welsh_tex

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:47 pm

Do you think the players would play for Thommo or do we need a new fresh manager?
jonnymac1979

Postby the_welsh_tex » Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:51 pm

Johnny,i dont think tommo is the man either,yes he done a good job when gerard was ill but coleman done the same for fulham when he stepped in and brooking done the same with west ham,short term is impossible to judge,id say fresh,but thats only my opinion ;) .
the_welsh_tex

Postby glenevisco » Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:30 pm

Last edited by glenevisco on Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glenevisco

Postby the_welsh_tex » Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:40 pm

This "5 trophies" thing baffles me,would any other team who wins the charity shield say "we won the charity shield last year",i dont think so,lets be real,we won 3 trophies that year uefa cup,worthy cup and fa cup,the other two are meaningless,the most important one is the league with the chance to win the big one,the champions league,and in all honestly we WILL not win either of them this year,backward we have gone and we must accept it as sad as it makes us feel :(
the_welsh_tex

Postby gaz31 » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:49 am

I CAN NOT BELIEVE WE DREW 0-0 WITH ARSETOWN VIILLA , WHAT A LOAD OF sh##e EH BORING BORING BORING WE WILL NOT WIN JACK sh##e THIS SEASON IF GH IS STILL IN CHARGE :angry:
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby H_Critic » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:59 am

Hi everyone, me a liverpool fan from Singapore, where u can find majority of red devils and liverpool fans.

We fans here are getting frsutrated over Houllier tactis and lame excuses. We wasted millions in what he called "raw gems", and i am sure they are still raw after 2 -3 seasons.

Why did he let Anelka go and buy Diouf? Houllier has wasted millons in Biscan, Traore,Diao, Cheyrou who can't seems to impress any of the liverpool fans? We have committed players in Le Tallec and Sinama Pongolle, why don't let they have a try out, since the seniors can't perform at all.

Bought kewell and let him play in right mid? Here, being "right" is wrong? And I hope Jamie Carragher can dribble and take on players instead of paddling back everytimes he faces challenge.

Hope to see Houllier go and welcome Martin O'Neill if he is keen to bring liverpool to glory.
H_Critic

Postby Cleman » Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:38 am

Sack GH,  or LFC relegates from EPL to Division 1 !!!

Don't think this is impossible, look at LFC current performance and tactic, if remain the same, there is no place for LFC in Champion League and even UEFA Cup !!

Some of the Div 1 teams play a better and creative football than LFC!..
Cleman

Postby ihatemanyoo » Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:45 pm

'Tis true, I'm waiting to see how we do against Wolves. Even a mid-table team like Charlton can drub'em 4-0. I'd like to hear Houllier's excuse if we cannot demolish the relegation favourites, if no change of manager occurs, we could be playing in the Nationwide next season ...  ???
ihatemanyoo

Postby ForeverLiverpool2002 » Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:33 am

Houllier must (not should) go!  Go with his foolish purchases too!!  Liverpool is wasting money and Liverpool fans are wasting time for those guys!!!

Longlive the past stylish Liverpool football!!!
ForeverLiverpool2002

Postby rushi » Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:04 pm

the time has come for a change, not just managerial but at board level [moores] i feel he gets too emotionally close to the manager/s.It was plain to see roy evans was not a manager yet he lasted several years, even in the end he had to initiate it. houllier has brought a brand of football we dont recognise at anfield and in the long term will not deliver the title.im tired of hearing ferguson took seven years to win it, how many fergusons are out there?i feel as a club we have lost the ruthlessness which seperated us from the rest.houllier has had five years, millions, patience and the support and yet i believe we are no nearer.so to mr moores get tough or get out.
rushi

Postby vbred » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:53 pm

cant agree more, GH has taken us as far as he can,too many average signings, too many players playing out of position, far too negative. We are going backwards. Last season we beat chelsea 1-0 at home & Aston villa 1-0 away, so we are already 5 points worse off.  LFC is bigger and better than this, we now need to move on.
vbred

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion