FABIO AURELIO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC ANIME » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:16 am

We all hope Dr Brukner and his medical team does the business... they were hired for their reputation of injury preventions.
LFC ANIME

Postby NorfolkRed » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:01 am

absolutely made up over this - best left bck we've had in ages (when he's fit) yes his injury problem is an issue but otherwise he is a class act
NorfolkRed

Postby puroresu » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:02 am

I dont know, maybe its being cynical but its another free transfer and another player brought in on the cheap.
puroresu

Postby europian-kings » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:10 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Nf4c2J9rg

some lovely whipped in crosses there.
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:19 am

good to see fabio back lets hope he hits another cracker vs mannure
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:09 am

im not thrilled by this signing for the sole reason that he gets injured too often to go on a decent run. hopefully he puts that behind him. but anyway, apart from his young age and his nationality (which would allow us to hike up the price abit more), why would anyone keep Insua? he is good enough for a back-up but Insua could be de facto first choice after all based on Aurelio's injury precedent. im still adamant Insua should be sold or loaned out and bring in Salcido to be first choice as and when Aurelio is injured.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Ciggy » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:11 am

Im glad he has come back but utterly depressed that the club havent spent a feckin penny in the transfer window, tw@ts.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:20 am

I'm not rejoicing from the roofs for bringing back sicknote, he makes Harry kewell look as though he's made of granite.

So, we'll definitely need cover in this area now and I hear that Insua is possibly staying on :(  kin'ell expect LB to be our Achilles heel again this season.
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:32 am

Dundalk wrote:Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has explained his decision to re-sign

False hopes!  :laugh:
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:37 am

In and Out wrote:I'm not rejoicing from the roofs for bringing back sicknote, he makes Harry kewell look as though he's made of granite.

So, we'll definitely need cover in this area now and I hear that Insua is possibly staying on :(  kin'ell expect LB to be our Achilles heel again this season.

It is a tad worrying, we needed a new LB not an old one and certainly not one that comes with his own medical team!

So that's Woy so far, signed a 28 year old with a questionable injury record and a 30 year old with a questionable injury record.

Woy will live or die by such decisions, I'm getting a bit worried about the age of some of his targets and cannot help but feel these signings would only be deemed fantastic if he were at Fulham ie great signings for Fulham, questionable for Liverpool.

I wonder if Aurelio found the offers less to his liking than Liverpool's was when he left, if Woy improved the offer, or he simply wasn't getting any. Let's put it this way, if Aurelio doesn't have even half a season injury free then Woy's made a mistake - especially with a two year contract. Under the circumstances a one year contract with an extension clause based on 30+ appearances a season should have been written in
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:50 am

Owzat wrote:It is a tad worrying, we needed a new LB not an old one and certainly not one that comes with his own medical team!

So that's Woy so far, signed a 28 year old with a questionable injury record and a 30 year old with a questionable injury record.

Woy will live or die by such decisions, I'm getting a bit worried about the age of some of his targets and cannot help but feel these signings would only be deemed fantastic if he were at Fulham ie great signings for Fulham, questionable for Liverpool.

I wonder if Aurelio found the offers less to his liking than Liverpool's was when he left, if Woy improved the offer, or he simply wasn't getting any. Let's put it this way, if Aurelio doesn't have even half a season injury free then Woy's made a mistake - especially with a two year contract. Under the circumstances a one year contract with an extension clause based on 30+ appearances a season should have been written in

You know Im not one of Roys biggest fans Owzat but his hands are tied when the board gives you feck all to spend, and I prefer Aurelio back than luke Young singing.
Still think we need a new LB though even if Insua stays.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:57 am

Ciggy wrote:You know Im not one of Roys biggest fans Owzat but his hands are tied when the board gives you feck all to spend, and I prefer Aurelio back than luke Young singing.

If you subscribe to the "feck all to spend" theory, time will tell. And that's no great reason to sign someone who's injured most of the time, just costs you in wages and lack of cover. What's been quite a big problem last two seasons? No FIT or decent alternative to Insua at LB.............................

Aurelio > Young or Young > Aurelio is moot if Aurelio is not fit enough to play, then he's just another wage with no practicial playing use. So in that sense could prove false economy.

EDIT : oh and if Woy can't afford a LB, I think we're Woy-ally screwed because how are we then going to buy a quality CF we need (at least one) and other positions like this flying winger some believe we need to wow the crowd as they beat the defender and then nearly injure the crowd as the crosses end up there!
Last edited by Owzat on Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:35 am

We desperately need players in the left back position, Aurelio will be a good COVER, we need another (bigger) player at this position. Roy, bring in Bridge!
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:41 am

Ciggy wrote:Im glad he has come back but utterly depressed that the club havent spent a feckin penny in the transfer window, tw@ts.

Answerd my question .
in another thread iwanted to know how much have we actualy taken out the tranfer kitty,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:51 am

Ciggy wrote:
Owzat wrote:It is a tad worrying, we needed a new LB not an old one and certainly not one that comes with his own medical team!

You know Im not one of Roys biggest fans Owzat but his hands are tied when the board gives you feck all to spend, and I prefer Aurelio back than luke Young singing.

Agreed. We need a first team regular and Aurelio is never going to be that IMO unless some sort of miracle occurs. Insua isn't the answer either. It feels to me like Roy is getting no money to spend at all. Instead of developing the squad he's only able to patch the holes.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion