FABIO AURELIO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:01 am

Can't really add anything new. I really like Aurelio as a player, I've always rated him, but any bloke who gets injured playing football with his five year old in the back garden (which Aurelio did) has got serious problems. If he stays fit, great, but the balance of probability says he won't.

On the question of how much money we have/haven't spent, I can understand peoples concerns but it's hardly surprising is it? This is one of the reasons why I think the appointment of Roy Hodgson was an excellent move. If you need someone who can sensibly deal with very little cash, you employ someone who has a history of doing so which Roy has. Hopefully the Masherano sale goes through early next week, and we can go and get Figeroa in (I really hope we get him) and some striker cover in as well. I wouldn't personally hold my breath on too much more happening than that.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:05 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Im glad he has come back but utterly depressed that the club havent spent a feckin penny in the transfer window, tw@ts.

Answerd my question .
in another thread iwanted to know how much have we actualy taken out the tranfer kitty,

It's mad how we all are realising this at the same time, we haven't spent a f*kin penny and we have let loads go and Roy was meant to have 15m for transfers and it looks like were getting Jack sh!t.

But how does it make you fell when your so powerless to do anything about it arghhh!!!!

:veryangry  :veryangry
roberto green

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:47 am

IMHO this is a shrewed move... Fabio was, when fit the best striker of a dead ball in the team. He can pass the ball and cross it. He is calm and composed and can defend a bit as well. He can also play anywhere down the left.

Keep him fit and the team is better. We always looked limited with Insua in the side who was at best average in every department.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:58 am

We still need a better player at left back but under the circumstances its a sensible move by Hodgson. Maybe we will still purchase another left back considering it looks like Insua may have finally departed. Aurelio is better than Insua so its a case of a straight swap but with £5m in the coffers in return. Good business if not a deal to set the pulse racing.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby shabelle50 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:47 am

Put it this way coming to Liverpool wasn't enough for Luke Young he was more interested in £10K a week. Aurelio's never been the fittest player in the world but Hodgson knows what he's doing time will tell if Aurelio stays for two more years.
shabelle50

Postby Scottbot » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:54 am

Ciggy wrote:You know Im not one of Roys biggest fans Owzat but his hands are tied when the board gives you feck all to spend, and I prefer Aurelio back than luke Young singing.
Still think we need a new LB though even if Insua stays.

I agree. I wasn't especially excited about the prospect of signing Luke Young either and i'm happy enough to see Aurelio back at the club so long as we go out and get another decent left-back before the season starts.

when is Insua's move going to be wrapped or are we still in the dark on this one?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:07 pm

Well insua is in the squad for the german game today scott ? I think insua's staying mate . Just my opinion .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:30 pm

I think it is a good move. It suggests Roy is having problems getting the LB position sorted, but happy to have Fabio in the squad. Fingers crossed he stays healthy enough to play in the odd game...
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:18 pm

I like Aurelio, hes had injuries but hes a lot cheaper than other options (and possibly better too, I would bet money he asked the senior figures what they thought as well)... i give it a thumbs up
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:27 pm

And assuming he stays healthy then what? Beside his Set kicks he is a really mediocre player ,he has no pace and no strength...There are so many prospects out their why not take a chance on one of them? why settle for mediocrity ,take a chance Roy for Fck Sake.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:40 pm

We still need a proper LB. Insua blatantly isn't first team material and Aurelio is too injury prone to rely on - though I'm fine with the Brazilian as being one of two. Figueroa or whoever it is, we need a proper one still.
LFC2007

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:42 pm

We should still get in Figueroa and maybe use Aurelio more as a LM. His best qualities are after all going forward.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:38 pm

Wouldnt be surprised to see Agger slotting in left back if we cant get anyone better with the funds available. Aurelio will fill in when needed. Its not a bad solution really and we need any kind of budget to fund lads that can create and hit the back of the net at the moment and they cost big notes.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:41 pm

bavlondon wrote:We should still get in Figueroa and maybe use Aurelio more as a LM. His best qualities are after all going forward.

ship out Insua and use the money (and some extra no doubt) to bring in Figueroa. 

Martinez was talking the lad up yesterday and accepting that he'll leave one day.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:17 am

Ive always liked Aurelio. Great professional, solid LB and brilliant at free kicks.......was an unsung hero of our great campaign in 2008/2009.

If he can stay fit this is great news.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion