Europa league - Here we come

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Maickito » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:37 pm

Unlike the fairy off the top of the christmas tree here who thinks its a disgrace.

The disgrace is you putting words in my mouth....talk about twisting an argument to make your ego any bigger
I said I was happy to win the Europa league but that it better not save Benitez job who in his 6 th season has brought us further than ever from winning the league
Maickito

Postby Greavesie » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:38 pm

exactly Reg, its great to see the club having a good run in a European competition this season. If we made the final I'd love to go there and support the lads. Hopefully there's a trophy at the end of what's been a fairly miserable season! :cool:

Maickito - you said winning it would be an embarassment
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Maickito » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:38 pm

You´re wasted many years of reading then lad. What was it, The Beano?

Reg man you are really throwing the bait today!!!!!
Maickito

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:39 pm

Reg wrote:Correct me if I´m wrong lads but we palyed Benfica of the park last night beating a team thats gone undefeated in their last 28 games 4-1, a wonderful achievement.

CL, Uefa cup or a game of tiddlywinks, I´m blóódy proud of our lads, that was a top drawer performance.

Unlike the fairy off the top of the christmas tree here who thinks its a disgrace.

You're wrong, mate.  We played--not payled--Benfica off the park last night.  Consider yourself corrected.  :nod

:D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Maickito » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:42 pm

Fair enough - wrong choice of words----i did say - some times cold print words take from the meaning of what one is actually getting at tho, it wont be a roaring achievement but Id rather get 4th than win the europa league
Maickito

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:43 pm

Greavesie wrote:If we made the final I'd love to go there and support the lads.

You´re slow off the mark mate, I´ve already got Bav and Nan scrounging tickets !  :laugh:

I´ll fly over if we get to the final, told the missus last night already.

Hamburg, in Hamburg..... that would be a big one, bringing back memories of Roma in Roma....  :buttrock
Last edited by Reg on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:43 pm

Maickito wrote:

Fair enough - wrong choice of words----i did say - some times cold print words take from the meaning of what one is actually getting at tho, it wont be a roaring achievement but Id rather get 4th than win the europa league

we're good enough to get both. I'm backing the lads to come good and do just that

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Maickito wrote:

You talk like Tony Blair........

Come to think of it, you´re not George Gillett are you 'first spade in the ground in 60 days.......'
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Maickito » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:49 pm

Come to think of it, you´re not George Gillett are you 'first spade in the ground in 60 days.......'

hahahaha- listen i respect both sides of the coin , maybe im a bit irrational but surely every fan is allow throw his toys out of the pram once and a while , them 5 guinness for lunch ( on american time) didnt help the basis of my rant either.
Maickito

Postby Penguins » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:57 pm

Maickito wrote:Some fans come out and  glorify the likes of the UEFA Cup and Carling Cup as they are today as an achievement ![B]

Ill pull up the pants and get on with life but in all honesty your standards have dropped if you think they are a success.......
We were a :censored: show under Moores I dunno how you think Hicks who financed torres has :censored: it up by the way either

Hicks financed Torres?

You mean with that loan that put the club further in debt?

Moores could easily had done that too if he wanted to cripple the club....

Hicks hasn't financed jack **** in any investment he makes. That is not how he works as he lets the consumer(us) pay for his investment...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:04 pm

It's quite ironic as we are sort of paying to keep them in by virtue of being taxpayers and RBS part owned by the public ect.... Ironic and sad.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Maickito » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:06 pm

Man- are you having a laugh- of course he may it possible- don't belittle every thing he has done- he has royalty f         uc         ked up on so many levels but to suggest he hasnt made money and wages available to buy top players is abit much...... We are fans ! Hicks might not be a fan but he wants liverpool to be a success more than anyone !!!!!!!!!! Wake up ! how many  millions has he riding on us being a success !!!!! I opened a chipper for 50k Id be obsessed with making it work never mind the millions he has riding on it
Maickito

Postby Greavesie » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:07 pm

Maickito wrote:Man- are you having a laugh- of course he may it possible- don't belittle every thing he has done- he has royalty f         uc         ked up on so many levels but to suggest he hasnt made money and wages available to buy top players is abit much...... We are fans ! Hicks might not be a fan but he wants liverpool to be a success more than anyone !!!!!!!!!! Wake up ! how many  millions has he riding on us being a success !!!!! I opened a chipper for 50k Id be obsessed with making it work never mind the millions he has riding on it

:no

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:15 pm

Maickito wrote:Man- are you having a laugh- of course he may it possible- don't belittle every thing he has done- he has royalty f         uc         ked up on so many levels but to suggest he hasnt made money and wages available to buy top players is abit much...... We are fans ! Hicks might not be a fan but he wants liverpool to be a success more than anyone !!!!!!!!!! Wake up ! how many  millions has he riding on us being a success !!!!! I opened a chipper for 50k Id be obsessed with making it work never mind the millions he has riding on it

This has probably been posted elsewhere, in fact I know it has but you seem to think this guy is doing more good than bad.

Corinthians

It seems Tom Hicks leaves a trail of devastation wherever he goes. His disastrous foray into the Brazilian football market as chairman of Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst left Corinthians, second most popular club in Brazil, in a state of turmoil.

The parallels between what happened to Corinthians and what is currently happening at Liverpool are unsettling to say the least:

* There was the initial blaze of publicity and fanfare when the company bought the club in 1999, with promises of big spending on the best players and the construction of a brand new 45,000 seater stadium in the suburbs of Sao Paulo.

* There was an initial capital investment to tie down existing players and to finance the purchase one or two other additional players.

* The economics behind the Corinthians deal appeared to be based on ridiculously rudimentary logic: "If you add up all the fans of professional baseball, basketball, football and hockey in the United States, that number is lower than the number of Brazilians who are soccer fans." Clearly, no proper risk analysis had been undertaken - a situation which resonates with the due diligence period of 3 days prior to the purchase of Liverpool.

* This flimsy approach was reinforced by the apparently rash and impulsive purchase of Cruzeiro six months later - traits which Liverpool fans are rapidly coming to associate with Hicks.

* There was also the emphasis on the cheaper "young players", with the following quote from the (unfortunately named) Richard Law, president of Hicks' subsidiary group: "Our job is not to turn back the inevitable, but to build Corinthians and Cruzeiro up from the junior ranks." Hicks followed a similar tack following the takeover of Liverpool: "You need to keep your star players but also develop your young players. Young players are the lifeblood of your team, so we talked about how we can improve that side of the team."

Corinthians had already won the Brazilian championship in 1998 so Hicks inherited a winning team. The initial expenditure assisted in retaining the league title in Dec 1999 and the club also won the inaugural FIFA Club World Championship the following month.

This is where things started to go wrong.

Unable to resist the temptation to make a quick buck, HICKS BEGAN SELLING TRANSFER RIGHTS TO THE CLUB'S STAR PLAYERS. On top of that, he decided on the bizarre idea of changing the traditional colour of the club's shirt. He also introduced sponsorship (something which Corinthians fans felt defiled their heritage).

All of these things led to a furious reaction from supporters and widespread protest against Hicks and his partners. The company bailed out three years later, ironically having accused its local partner in Brazil of "misappropriating funds" (read the UTIMCO post and you'll understand).

Corinthians began to spiral downwards. MSI took over the club's management but, despite a league title in 2005, the financial problems initiated by Hicks proved too much of a burden. The club was relegated to the second tier of Brazilian football for the first time in its history in December 2007.

THERE WAS NO NEW STADIUM. Hicks invested about five hundred million dollars and within two years filed for bankruptcy.

In a recent prospectus issued to financial companies in London, Hicks claims in to be "a master of purchasing and growing professional sports teams".

Liverpool fans, Texas Rangers fans and Corinthians fans might disagree.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Maickito » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:19 pm

Look I ran into these agrument , one i didnt want to get into but the fact is Torres and Macherano and Johnson and the money for Aqualani and th money for robbie keane- all 20 mill plus was made available by hicks, belittle the man all you want and all his fu cks but come on - he isnt a fan but he is a cold business thats richs for a reason
Maickito

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion