Europa league - Here we come

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:51 am

If we beat Fulham in the final should we dance in the streets?

Hail Rafa the man who beat Fulham?

If he had any pride, he'd be gone but he'll grab the money just like Houllier.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:21 am

Big Niall wrote:If we beat Fulham in the final should we dance in the streets?

Some people on here crying about the mods take note of this: if I were a mod, I'd red card shite like the above post.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:03 am

disgrace...

I mean what has some liverpool fans become? If we win the Europa Cup, Rafa would have brought us, the CL, Europa Cup and the FA cup... is this the way to treat a Liverpool manager who has brought these trophies?  :no
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Rafa said himself.. the reason he is still here, the reason he has stuck with this club even with the owners from hell.. is because of the support from the fans.

He could of gone to Real Madrid if he wanted.

Slate his managment but dont slate his pride.
Fauxy

Postby badradio » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:27 pm

Reg wrote:Thanks for a great description of your players, thats will help us get a good idea of who the danger men are.

Some of those goals in the first video look offside..... I´m sure theres a logical explanation !! :laugh:

The way Liverpool´s playing you might well go 2-0 up at home... we´re so unpredictable either you´ll win 2-0 or we will... and who knows what will happen in the second game. LFC´s lost 10 times this season from 31 games and twice against bottom placed teams. Crazy.

Benitez continues to play the same midfield which lacks vision, meaning the forwards get poor service. Torres has been injured most of the season and our replacment Ngog is schoolboy standard.

Maybe the team that wants to win the most will.... and until the game starts we wont know how much LFC want to win.

:D  Well, it looks that way, but they weren't offside (maybe 1 or 2 questionable)..for example, there's a goal (against Poltava) where he's totally free inside the small box, but there was actually a guy putting everyone in game on the right side, from where the ball was passed...

Anyway, we'll see.. next league match will be very important for the tie. Benfica will face 2nd placed Braga. If we win 2-0 we'll be ahead 6 points (works as 7 actually) with 6 matches to go...so we'll be able to risk a little more on europa league. But if things go wrong (knock knock knock) Benfica has to entirely focus on the national competition (we still have to visit Porto), making it possible to use some reserves against you.

Is Gerrard still playing on the right side, or more of a free role? I think he'll be the key player for this tie, along with the 'Glen Johnson vs Di Maria' battle...
Do you already know how many supporters will visit Lisbon...?Tickets are almost sold out for Benfica fans, but I don't know how many you will get...
If any of you need info about Lisbon feel free to ask!

I agree with was posted before..if Benfica doesn't get through I hope Liverpool wins this title.. Anyway, we'll obviously try to make as hard as possible for your players here..
badradio

Postby zarababe » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:33 am

This place in unbelievable -

so when I hear the KOP chant RAFA BENITEZ... I wonder where knobbish posters like this come from..

In Liverpool RAFA has the support and in this 'cockney' household the manager is being backed too.. so with the KOP I too sing RAFA BENITEZ.. in whose heart is the passion and love for this club, securing the spine of the team on longer term contracts, protecting the team.. for who?.. for US and this club's survival amongst the mediocre and to challenge the fittest.. and in the summer he better be rewarded with money to bring in the qwality he and we speak of..

RAFA BENITEZ RAFA RAFA BENITEZ... I sing with the KOP .. the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:19 am

zarababe wrote:

so when I hear the KOP chant RAFA BENITEZ... I wonder where knobbish posters like this come from..

In Liverpool RAFA has the support and in this 'cockney' household the manager is being backed too.. so with the KOP I too sing RAFA BENITEZ.. in whose heart is the passion and love for this club, securing the spine of the team on longer term contracts, protecting the team.. for who?.. for US and this club's survival amongst the mediocre and to challenge the fittest.. and in the summer he better be rewarded with money to bring in the qwality he and we speak of..

RAFA BENITEZ RAFA RAFA BENITEZ... I sing with the KOP .. the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club

Big Nialls getting emotional.

Unless we beat Real Madrid in the final, the UEFA cup doesnt mean anything?!  :sleep

Good response Zarababe.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:11 am

zarababe wrote:

Appreciate what you are doing but sometimes you have to support or give encouragement on what is necessary. Is it right to encourage someone when he's repeatedly doing the wrong thing (ie. playing the wrong tactics/formation)? It would just encourage him to continue doing the same thing since he thinks the fans likes what they are seeing?
shawnk

Postby kazza » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:42 am

Made up with the win. Benfica have not lost in 26 matches so they were in great form and are a good team. If Torres stays fit it would be interesting seeing him line up against Athletico Madrid as he missed the previous encounters against them with injuries, I hope his heart is in it. We have been getting better as a team as the tournament has progressed so I feel our form makes us favourites. Most were dismissing it as a joke, now we are progressing more seem to be coming on board. :)
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:08 am

Made up with that result. Anyone having a gripe can swivel.

Even better when you are on a hospital ward with half a dozen mancs and you get to see them humiliated. Then the following night you are able to sit there and gloat  :laugh:

Thought that De Luiz (or whatever his name is) was class. The left back i mean. The one with the fluffy parrots head.

He was solid all game.
Last edited by red37 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:16 am

red37 wrote:Made up with that result. Anyone having a gripe can swivel.

Even better when you are on a hospital ward with half a dozen mancs and you get to see them humiliated. Then the following night you are able to sit there and gloat  :laugh:

Thought that De Luiz (or whatever his name is) was class. The left back i mean. The one with the fluffy parrots head.

He was solid all game.

He was quality and was giving Johnson a hard time. Wasn't he playing CB in the first match?
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leep33 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:24 am

A great result last night, they haven't lost for 26 games and have brushed most teams aside in Europe. Whether the manager stays or goes, i think that decision will be left to him.
leep33

Postby Dundalk » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Atletico Madrid have got to semi-final of Europa League despite having won only one game in Europe this season

:oh:  :oh:  :oh:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:44 pm

Dundalk wrote:Atletico Madrid have got to semi-final of Europa League despite having won only one game in Europe this season

:oh:  :oh:  :oh:

whaaaaaat!!!

We are gonna demolish these guys at anfield surelyy
Fauxy

Postby damjan193 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:49 pm

Atletico are really bad this season, in Primera and obviosly in the european competitions (since they've won only 1 game).I liked to see Valencia more, David Villa vs Torres :D, and I wanted us to demolish them cos I kind of dont like them.But Atletico will be easier, I think, and it will surley be fun, with Forlan and Aguero on their side... they do suck this season but we shouldnt underestimate them.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion