Europa league - Here we come

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Greavesie » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:21 pm

Maickito wrote:Look I ran into these agrument , one i didnt want to get into but the fact is Torres and Macherano and Johnson and the money for Aqualani and th money for robbie keane- all 20 mill plus was made available by hicks, belittle the man all you want and all his fu cks but come on - he isnt a fan but he is a cold business thats richs for a reason

look through last seasons transfers and tell me how much we spent NET.

the owners are a horrible pair of snakes, they WILL suck the spirit out of this club
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Maickito » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:23 pm

Ya also look through the net transfer and realise when you sell a player for 20 million you prob pay about 4 million in taxes.
Maickito

Postby Maickito » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:24 pm

tax system isn't as easy as you think ,  hmmmm we spent 20 million on him so we have 20 mill to spend , what about the signing on fee and his wages while he sat on the bench
Maickito

Postby Greavesie » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:26 pm

Maickito wrote:tax system isn't as easy as you think ,  hmmmm we spent 20 million on him so we have 20 mill to spend , what about the signing on fee and his wages while he sat on the bench

wtf you blabbin on about?

we sold Alonso for £30m and Arby for £4m

Bought Johnson for £18m (portsmouth owed £7m) and Aqua for £20m

after the £7m is taken off the Jonno transfer we spent a grand total of -£1m

and you think the owners are splahing out?

To be perfectly honest I don't want us to spend loads with them two snakes in charge because of the long term damage it may bring the club
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Maickito » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:33 pm

Ill say it again -

People talk about Rafa's net spent are talking rubbish , the British government must be loving him on sole basis of liverpool 's tax returns ! He buys players - agents get money , the player gets money , he then sells them - usually for a loss ( alonso exception) and  then he pays the government a per cent of the loss we made any way-

Im not Hicks biggest fan but the fact is Benitez has fu-cked up in the transfer market on too many occassions- its too easy to blame it on the owners
Maickito

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:35 pm

Maickito wrote:Ya also look through the net transfer and realise when you sell a player for 20 million you prob pay about 4 million in taxes.

Talk me through that one son, I´m all ears.   :help

Surely Shirley, the tax reconciliation at the end of the year shows the net P/L from all the clubs (commercial) activities leading to a single tax assessment?

Further reference 'The Beano' 26 February 2007, page 27 just after The Bash Street kids.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:37 pm

Maickito wrote:Ill say it again -

People talk about Rafa's net spent are talking rubbish , the British government must be loving him on sole basis of liverpool 's tax returns ! He buys players - agents get money , the player gets money , he then sells them - usually for a loss ( alonso exception) and  then he pays the government a per cent of the loss we made any way-

Im not Hicks biggest fan but the fact is Benitez has fu-cked up in the transfer market on too many occassions- its too easy to blame it on the owners

I get it - Rafa is an MI5 mole placed into LFC to spend as much as he can to generate tax income for HMG.

I must admit, I hadn't considered that angle but you might well be right.  :idea
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:44 pm

Crouch, Voronin, Arby... I don't think they were sold for a loss.

Rafa's net spend is something like 25Mil a season. The problem is it's a 1 in 1 out system so he has never been able to build strength in depth as he is always having to raise funds to spend.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:49 pm

I think it's great that us and Fulham are the only English sides left in Europe. Still can't believe the Manc's went 3-0 up at home and didn't get through  :D :laugh:
LFC2007

Postby damjan193 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:54 pm

LFC2007 wrote:I think it's great that us and Fulham are the only English sides left in Europe. Still can't believe the Manc's went 3-0 up at home and didn't get through  :D :laugh:

A friend that is a Milan fan laughed at my friend that is a United fan becouse they didnt get trough when they had a
3-0 result... ironic, isnt it? :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ironman » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:33 pm

could i possibly ask everyones opinion on this please?? was jonny arne risse, stephen warnock not better left backs than anything rafa has brought in?? alonso made his mind up to go after rafa tried to sell him to finance gareth barry. so who could blame him for looking to leave,bellamy left because of lack of games, crouch the same, 20 million for robbie keane and decided to bench him most of the time, aqualani will go in the same direction of all these players, babel bought as one of best prospects in holland. in for a game. out for 2 games from the day he arrived. kyut came with fantastic goal record and has played as a hard working right midfielder. benny in and out of team? ???  watching us this season has been depressing, negative, make sure we dont get beat philophisy, whiskey nose always goes for it and just says to the opposition,were better than you and we will go for it... carra comin to the twilight now, the greek, skertil, insua,riera,lucas,ngog are not good enough for us in myhumble opinion.... :sniffle
ironman

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:49 pm

Maickito wrote:Man- are you having a laugh- of course he may it possible- don't belittle every thing he has done- he has royalty f         uc         ked up on so many levels but to suggest he hasnt made money and wages available to buy top players is abit much...... We are fans ! Hicks might not be a fan but he wants liverpool to be a success more than anyone !!!!!!!!!! Wake up ! how many  millions has he riding on us being a success !!!!! I opened a chipper for 50k Id be obsessed with making it work never mind the millions he has riding on it

What a puddin you are. Go check up on a few facts and do some research about the two knobs that own us before typing sh*t like this again.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:27 am

bavlondon wrote:

Rafa's net spend is something like 25Mil a season. The problem is it's a 1 in 1 out system so he has never been able to build strength in depth as he is always having to raise funds to spend.

Rafa's NET spend after this season (6 years) is 10.2 millions per annum! this is because we sold alot of players this season. Before this season it was something like 16 millions. It's all tabled here...

http://www.liverweb.org.uk/benitez.asp

hope that Rafa is going to get a substantial transfer kitty this summer otherwise our squad is looking thread bare. Rafa made some mistakes in the transfer market basically on Babel, Dossena, Keane, Aquilani etc. But if funds are made available to him again and if he manages to do it right, then it's looking good. Because the skeleton of a good team is there. It's an ok team we have now with some exceptional players like Torres, Gerrard, Reina and Mascherano. And we also have up and coming young talent like Nemeth and Pacheco. Johnson is back and fit again. Aquilani might now be ready to feature on a  more consistent basis. Lucas has improved tremendously and is no longer a passenger player even though he is still not of liverpool quality. My main worry in terms of talent is in replacing Gerrard. We need to start finding someone as talented and influential as him. Fergerson's team rebuilding method is very smart. He keeps the old talented players and plays them less and less, but still plays them effectively. In the mean time the new guys were given sufficient time to develop team work and confidence.

I hope that we can look into strengthening with a class winger like silva and a class young forward. Those two positions are priority. Oh btw even though Maxi blows hot and cold, I think it was a good deal considering he cost us nothing. He might just settle in and become a useful addition. Besides he has already made Masch less home sick  :D .
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:16 am

maguskwt wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

Rafa's NET spend after this season (6 years) is 10.2 millions per annum! this is because we sold alot of players this season. Before this season it was something like 16 millions. It's all tabled here...

hope that Rafa is going to get a substantial transfer kitty this summer otherwise our squad is looking thread bare. Rafa made some mistakes in the transfer market basically on Babel, Dossena, Keane, Aquilani etc. But if funds are made available to him again and if he manages to do it right, then it's looking good. Because the skeleton of a good team is there. It's an ok team we have now with some exceptional players like Torres, Gerrard, Reina and Mascherano. And we also have up and coming young talent like Nemeth and Pacheco. Johnson is back and fit again. Aquilani might now be ready to feature on a  more consistent basis. Lucas has improved tremendously and is no longer a passenger player even though he is still not of liverpool quality. My main worry in terms of talent is in replacing Gerrard. We need to start finding someone as talented and influential as him. Fergerson's team rebuilding method is very smart. He keeps the old talented players and plays them less and less, but still plays them effectively. In the mean time the new guys were given sufficient time to develop team work and confidence.

I hope that we can look into strengthening with a class winger like silva and a class young forward. Those two positions are priority. Oh btw even though Maxi blows hot and cold, I think it was a good deal considering he cost us nothing. He might just settle in and become a useful addition. Besides he has already made Masch less home sick  :D .

:laugh:  The site you keep using to quote how much Rafa has spent is way off mate e.g. Masherano was free was he ?
account deleted by request

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:29 am

s@int wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

:laugh:  The site you keep using to quote how much Rafa has spent is way off mate e.g. Masherano was free was he ?

:D

You're right there Saint. But technically the move from West Ham to us was a loan move wasn't it. So it did cost us 0 if i recall correctly. But we paid 18 million or so to his numpty of an agent a year later or so didn't we. So that makes it 62 + 18 = 80 million net spend in 6 years. Which is still 13.33 million per annum. This is still not enough to compete with the likes of the mancs, chelsea and city. Remember Fergie spend 100 million NET from his treble winning squad from 2000 to 2006 keep winning and rebuilding. They lost the premiership for 3 years to Arsenal's invincible season and Mourinho's 2 seasons then regained it in 2006-7. Cosidering we are the ones playing catch up, it's just not enough.

Besides the Mascherano cost the list looks alright to me. Until of course you can spot another mistake  :D .
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion