Europa league - Here we come

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Maickito » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:53 pm

Delighted with the result but in fairness....................this will get me killed- maybe its cause i had a liquid lunch here but if you seriously think liverpool  deserve to be glorified ( praised yes cause they are our team ) for winning the europa cup then i dunno , i mean i'm 24 , i support liverpool because my grandmother was born there- i've never seen liverpool win a league- personally if liverpool never win a league in my life i will style will love and cry every time they leave us down but to even consider the europa league a success is an embarrsement

fulham- great season but norm- a mid table side
A.Madrid- biggest underachievers of all time

Are you having a laugh suggesting beating them would compensate for the :censored:-e that went on this season , its covers overs all the cracks !
Maickito

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:00 pm

Maickito wrote:Delighted with the result but in fairness....................this will get me killed- maybe its cause i had a liquid lunch here but if you seriously think liverpool  deserve to be glorified ( praised yes cause they are our team ) for winning the europa cup then i dunno , i mean i'm 24 , i support liverpool because my grandmother was born there- i've never seen liverpool win a league- personally if liverpool never win a league in my life i will style will love and cry every time they leave us down but to even consider the europa league a success is an embarrsement

fulham- great season but norm- a mid table side
A.Madrid- biggest underachievers of all time

Are you having a laugh suggesting beating them would compensate for the :censored:-e that went on this season , its covers overs all the cracks !

You talk absolute shíte son, a typical new era fan who demands everything and doesnt understand the effort required to achieve it.

A product of the nanny state. (and I dont mean our nan).
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Maickito » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:04 pm

Thats grand Reg and you know i dont claim to know it all but to call me a new era fan it to be honest a joke- when you started supporting liverpool ( dont know your age_ ) i reckon they hadn't gone 10 years without winning the league so its an easy dig to have................
Maickito

Postby Maickito » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:05 pm

because you are that bit older and have seen that bit more of liverpool  you feel you have a right to crush a young lads opinion , if you get your kicks from that fair enough
Maickito

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:13 pm

Maickito wrote:because you are that bit older and have seen that bit more of liverpool  you feel you have a right to crush a young lads opinion , if you get your kicks from that fair enough

Stop whinging you fairy.

'Some fans' come out and degrade the likes of the UEFA Cup? Some of our greatest games were in the UEFA Cup, you try telling Shanks, Paisley, Fairclough, Toshack, Ray Kennedy or Emlyn its an embarrassment, or the glorious team that beat Alavés 5-4 in extra time. You're talking through your arsé son.

What response do you expect?

Wipe your tears away, pull your pants up and get on with life.

Where's Lando when you need him?   :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Maickito » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:23 pm

Some fans come out and  glorify the likes of the UEFA Cup and Carling Cup as they are today as an achievement ![B]

Ill pull up the pants and get on with life but in all honesty your standards have dropped if you think they are a success.......
We were a :censored: show under Moores I dunno how you think Hicks who financed torres has :censored: it up by the way either
Maickito

Postby Greavesie » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:27 pm

Maickito wrote:Some fans come out and  glorify the likes of the UEFA Cup and Carling Cup as they are today as an achievement ![B]

Ill pull up the pants and get on with life but in all honesty your standards have dropped if you think they are a success.......
We were a :censored: show under Moores I dunno how you think Hicks who financed torres has :censored: it up by the way either

are you suggesting we dont support the lads while we're in it and abandon them?

look at every other English club in Europe this season, they all met the same fate. We have a chance to win a European competition, albeit not the one we wanted but it's where we are now that's what counts so do me a favour and SUPPORT THE LADS and back them to win whatever competition it is they're in. I know I'll be happy to win it, never thought we'd end up in it but we have and that's the end of it. That said I'd rather we weren't in it to defend it next season but that's football

AND you suggest the owners are alright, do me a favour. If you have supported Liverpool for 24 years you should be a little more lued up as to the goings on off the pitch of this club you prat
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:28 pm

No one is glorifying the Europa League. You have to just accept the situation and make the most of it, in this case we are in with a shout of getting some silverware so we may as well give it a go. Do you expect Rafa to just not give a toss? This club exists to win trophies, ok it's not the cream of Europe but it's better than nothing.

I am actually quite dissapointed with some of the comments on here. I get the feeling it means more to the players than it does some of the fans here and that in itself is quite sad. There are only a few games left of the season, let's go out on a high and make the most of it.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:30 pm

bavlondon wrote:No one is glorifying the Europa League. You have to just accept the situation and make the most of it, in this case we are in with a shout of getting some silverware so we may as well give it a go. Do you expect Rafa to just not give a toss? This club exists to win trophies, ok it's not the cream of Europe but it's better than nothing.

I am actually quite dissapointed with some of the comments on here. I get the feeling it means more to the players than it does some of the fans here and that in itself is quite sad. There are only a few games left of the season, let's go out on a high and make the most of it.

Bav when we first got put into it I was gutted, I honestly didnt give a t0ss because it wasn't the champions league but it's where we are and we might as well win it

The way some people are talking its as if they think it'd be more dignified to deliberately lose in the final than actually win it

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Maickito » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:30 pm

look at every other English club in Europe this season, they all met the same fate. We have a chance to win a European competition, albeit not the one we wanted but it's where we are now that's what counts so do me a favour and SUPPORT THE LADS and back them to win whatever competition it is they're in. I know I'll be happy to win it, never thought we'd end up in it but we have and that's the end of it. That said I'd rather we weren't in it to defend it next season but that's football

I obviously should have worded my posts better  but i did say i am delighted we won , delighted but i just dont want this to cover up the :censored: that we have seen week in week out for 30 odd league games, thats all , i want to win every tournament we are in but if winning this cup buys benitez another year then i would be p-----issed to be honest
Maickito

Postby Greavesie » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:31 pm

Have you read any other thread on this board lad? I suggest you do before you go accusing fellow posters of allowing it to paper over the cracks of the season

You certainly aren't the first to say what it is you're saying and I have no doubt you won't be the last. Nobody has lost perspective because of our run in the wafer cup

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Maickito » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:33 pm

This cack of saying one'e opinion is wrong and anothers is right is a story of history,      one liverpool fan with one opinion and another with another's is life ------the one thing both have in common is they want whats best for liverpool----
Maickito

Postby Maickito » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:35 pm

You certainly aren't the first to say what it is you're saying and I have no doubt you won't be the last. Nobody has lost perspective because of our run in the wafer cup

And I agree- its from reading everyone's posts for years that i have formed my opinion ,  certain big name posters i agree with and others i dont !
Maickito

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:35 pm

Correct me if I´m wrong lads but we palyed Benfica of the park last night beating a team thats gone undefeated in their last 28 games 4-1, a wonderful achievement.

CL, Uefa cup or a game of tiddlywinks, I´m blóódy proud of our lads, that was a top drawer performance.

Unlike the fairy off the top of the christmas tree here who thinks its a disgrace.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:37 pm

Maickito wrote:

And I agree- its from reading everyone's posts for years that i have formed my opinion ,  certain big name posters i agree with and others i dont !

You´re wasted many years of reading then lad. What was it, The Beano?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion