DANNY WILSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:20 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Lads, forgive me if i'm not excited by this signing.

F'uck the "One for the Future" malarkey, i've heard it all before.

Given the state we're in what I want is a signing for the HERE AND NOW :angry:

I think he could fir into the team mid season in truth, he is a great player and i would love to see him come to the club.

There is also a chance that he might take his place in the firts team righ at the start, MMan U were looking at him and going by other reports they were going to bid for him.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:34 pm

Great to see us get another decent British youngster. Him and Jonjo will be Rafas leaving gifts and don't any of you forget it. :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:36 pm

bavlondon wrote:Great to see us get another decent British youngster. Him and Jonjo will be Rafas leaving gifts and don't any of you forget it. :D

Hope your right mate.

I have faith in both  :)
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:39 pm

Great news, it just gets better and better.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:43 pm

Sound.  Now let's get a LB and some striker cover and we'll be in business.  BTW, pencil Wilson and Shelvey in for the Europa Qualifier and let's see what they've got. :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby andy_g » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:48 pm

this is going ok, isn't it? 3 new quality players in for a total of 2 million squid. admittedly wilson isn't going to walk into the first team like the other two, but i wouldn't be surprised to see him make his full debut this season.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:17 pm

Liverpool Football Club have this evening confirmed they have agreed a deal in principle for the transfer of Danny Wilson.

Wilson, 18, established himself in the centre of defence at Rangers last season and landed the Scottish Football Association Young Player of the Year trophy after making 24 appearances for the Ibrox side.

From the Official
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:25 pm

bavlondon wrote:Great to see us get another decent British youngster. Him and Jonjo will be Rafas leaving gifts and don't any of you forget it. :D

no they are not, if Rafa was here the club was not going to give him the money to buy any players, Roy has close to 30mil or more to spend.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:33 pm

You can thank Kenny for Jonjo and Wilson, as well as Raheem Sterling.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:38 pm

lakes10 wrote:

no they are not, if Rafa was here the club was not going to give him the money to buy any players, Roy has close to 30mil or more to spend.

Were has 30 Mill suddenly appeared from?

Or are you assuming thats the money we will get from selling Mascha?
Fauxy

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:38 pm

andy_g wrote:this is going ok, isn't it? 3 new quality players in for a total of 2 million squid. admittedly wilson isn't going to walk into the first team like the other two, but i wouldn't be surprised to see him make his full debut this season.

3 small steps forward - we really need to make two big ones now with a new left back and very crucially cover for Torres -if we loose him to injury at any point and we loose our main goal threat and we need to plug that gap before start of season .
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:41 pm

lakes10 wrote:

Can you provide some backing and proof for that statement as it's very bold - also where do the club get 30 million from seeing as we made a massive loss last year - more money borrowed from Caymen that has to be paid back ? The owners haven't given us one single penny so where does 30 mil come from
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:02 pm

lakes10 wrote:

What are you on about. Jonjo was sorted anyway and the Wilson deal stalled but probably would have gone through anyway.

Luke good point. I remember someone saying Kenny played a big part in getting these lads here, especially Wilson.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:35 pm

he's good enough to drop straight in. him and agger in the centre defense?  if I was carra I'd be looking over my shoulder cos i'd be worried about my team place. ???
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:12 pm

bavlondon wrote:
john craig wrote:Anyone got a link for the Wilson deal being back on?  Couldn't see it on SSN website, unless I'm being blind.

IMO we should NOT be spending 5 mil on this kid.  He's got potential but is not ready for 1st team yet and for that reason I think 5 mil would be better spent elsewhere this summer.

It's 2mil rising to 5 I think. Also he may not quite be 1st team material yet but should deffo be backup to Carra.

Yeah saw that Bav.

2 mil rising to 5 mil I'm happy with.  Watched a fair bit of SPL last season and the kid is good.  He is definitely not ready for first team yet though, trust me.

His strengths are that he has a good footballing brain and his distribution.  His weaknesses are that physically he's not fully developed yet and can get bullied a bit by aggressive strikers, especially in the air.  He needs imo another full season to develop physically, but with 24 games under his belt for Rangers last season I'm sure he'd cope with the odd game if we needed to throw him in.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion