DANNY WILSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:11 pm

Anyone got a link for the Wilson deal being back on?  Couldn't see it on SSN website, unless I'm being blind.

IMO we should NOT be spending 5 mil on this kid.  He's got potential but is not ready for 1st team yet and for that reason I think 5 mil would be better spent elsewhere this summer.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:12 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Someone just text me to say he may be flying out to Switzerland tonight. Trying to get confirmation now, could be another good move!

heard the same from some rangers fans last week, would be a great signing
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC ANIME » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:23 pm

john craig wrote:Anyone got a link for the Wilson deal being back on?  Couldn't see it on SSN website, unless I'm being blind.

IMO we should NOT be spending 5 mil on this kid.  He's got potential but is not ready for 1st team yet and for that reason I think 5 mil would be better spent elsewhere this summer.

Don't think there is a link yet, but they reported it in those 'transfer watch updates' and shown Ally McCoist talking about Danny staying behind in discussion with Liverpool, whilst Rangers fly off on tour
LFC ANIME

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:23 pm

Really hope we get this kid .... destined for the top by all accounts ,its about time we got a no nonsense Jock back in our defence
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jono » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:33 pm

rangers agree fee in principle
You got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice
jono

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:33 pm

john craig wrote:Anyone got a link for the Wilson deal being back on?  Couldn't see it on SSN website, unless I'm being blind.

It's 2mil rising to 5 I think. Also he may not quite be 1st team material yet but should deffo be backup to Carra.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:50 pm

Another very promising young player!

Good stuff :)
Fauxy

Postby europian-kings » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:56 pm

Very happy with this.
All reports seem to indicate he has huge potential.
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby europian-kings » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:57 pm

LFC ANIME wrote:SSN reports Danny Wilson transfer is back on for 5m? Where Sotirios Kyrgiakos is set to leave around 2m

time for a new sig or me then?  :(
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:57 pm

yep, we got him, great signing..
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:58 pm

Could this be a sign that Agger may be moving to left back?

I really hope not! Agger can do the job at left back but it would seem like we are wasting his abilities
Fauxy

Postby europian-kings » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:00 pm

Fauxy wrote:Could this be a sign that Agger may be moving to left back?

I really hope not! Agger can do the job at left back but it would seem like we are wasting his abilities

Was thinking the same thing.
Although i don't think it's the case because roy himself has stated that the next priority is to bring in a left back.
(unless he brings in a backup to agger  :;):  )
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Well Red » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:10 pm

2million rising to 5 depending on performances, caps, etc.

Brilliant deal, so refreshing to have a manager finally bringing in superb talent who are British and will truly understand and appreciate what it means to be playing for Liverpool Football Club. This is the sort of signing which will probably be rather quiet anywhere apart from Liverpool message boards, but don't read badly into that - if it was Arsene Wenger signing this bloke then the papers would be all united in hailing another superb Arsenal purchase, talking up this youngster's huge potential and heaping piles of pressure on his shoulders. I'm very happy for it to stay tucked away in the small columns of the major newspapers, for now :;):

Great 48 hours, first bagging Cole, getting Gerrard to commit and now reviving a transfer that Rafa had seemed happy to let drop off by the wayside. Purslow and Roy, pats on the back gentlemen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport....al.html
Last edited by Well Red on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:13 pm

Rangers have agreed to sell 18-year-old defender Danny Wilson to Liverpool in a deal worth up to £5million.

Liverpool have been tracking Wilson for several months and are now set to complete the transfer after the teenager was pulled out of the Rangers squad that set off on a pre-season tour of Australia this evening.

Rangers chief executive Martin Bain told the club's official website: "We have agreed a deal in principle with Liverpool for the transfer of Danny Wilson.

"Liverpool's offer will see the club receive £2million up front with add-ons linked to games played, taking the total value of the deal to £5million."

Rangers had anticipated Wilson's departure towards the end of last season after the centre-back refused a new contract offer.

Liverpool's interest initially failed to materialise as Rafael Benitez left

the club but new manager Roy Hodgson has approved the deal and Wilson could join Joe Cole and his new team-mates at their Swiss training camp.

Bain, who last week oversaw the £2million sale of midfielder Kevin Thomson to Middlesbrough, added: "Danny was entering the final year of his contract with the club and had indicated that he felt it was in his interests to move on.

"Given that and the value of the offer from Liverpool, it was deemed

appropriate to accept that offer given the player wanted to go.

"We are aware that with Kevin Thomson and Danny leaving the club in the last

week that there is a need to add to the first team squad.

"Our efforts remain focused on doing that during this transfer window.

"We have been active in that regard with the resources that we have and we do recognise that we have to add to a squad that is light in numbers."
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:20 pm

Absolutely delighted about this signing .. stole a march on a lot of top clubs who have been sniffing around
made up with this ...the team is really starting to take shape ......
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion