DANNY WILSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Thu May 20, 2010 8:24 pm

s@int wrote:
Reg wrote:
JBG wrote:
s@int wrote:I read on another forum that Dalglish has been closely involved in choosing Wilson and the other young lad Jonjo ...... maybe there's a chance this time?

Then again Daglish did buy John Harkness, Jimmy Carter and Don Hutchinson.  :D

David Speedie.  :oops:

6 goals in 12 games for us(including a goal on his debut against the mancs at O.T. followed by 2 goals against Everton) , went to Blackburn when Souness arrived and helped Dalglish get them promotion before being swapped(with a little bit of cash) for Shearer. Hardly a failure !

I know you´re not here mate but I have to respond, David Speedie was a terrible signing, you say it yourself, the last sigining Kenny made before he flipped, just 12 games then immediately sold on, past his best, no way a strategic signing for the reds and a horrendous case of throwing money at the wall. If you recall at the time, the fans were shocked when we signed him and accelerlated Kenny´s exit stage left.

I dont think anyone who remembers the period will accept Speedie was a sensible buy.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun May 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Anyone know if he has signed yet?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun May 23, 2010 4:22 pm

bavlondon wrote:Anyone know if he has signed yet?

His agent probably knows :buttrock

sorry dude, not head
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tricky Dicky » Mon May 24, 2010 11:19 am

For a little fella David Speedie was great at getting on the end of crosses and headering a ball.
Tricky Dicky

Postby PabloAimar » Mon May 24, 2010 10:41 pm

remember when souness signed ali dia for southampton
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby anti-hero » Tue May 25, 2010 2:11 am

the purported move is now supposedly in doubt.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport....TO=1490
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:05 am

That looks to be that then...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 25, 2010 1:13 pm

anti-hero wrote:the purported move is now supposedly in doubt.

Hate this paper with a vengeance ,continues to indulge ravenously in its obvious agenda against the Reds ....
It surely  cant be a  complete coincidence that the Mail run stories day in day out concerning the misfortune of Liverpool ....
I swear if we were to sign a truly world class player this summer this paper would go to press with a  tale of woe behind it
The Liverpool Echo must have missed this story about Wilson ,because it mentions Sweet F.A about this outcome today  ???
Whether it appears in the late edition tonight is another question ,Though given the Mails penchant for being slightly liberal with the truth I doubt it very much   ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Tue May 25, 2010 1:19 pm

He will sign I am confident of that.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Wed May 26, 2010 1:00 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
anti-hero wrote:the purported move is now supposedly in doubt.

Hate this paper with a vengeance ,continues to indulge ravenously in its obvious agenda against the Reds ....
It surely  cant be a  complete coincidence that the Mail run stories day in day out concerning the misfortune of Liverpool ....
I swear if we were to sign a truly world class player this summer this paper would go to press with a  tale of woe behind it
The Liverpool Echo must have missed this story about Wilson ,because it mentions Sweet F.A about this outcome today  ???
Whether it appears in the late edition tonight is another question ,Though given the Mails penchant for being slightly liberal with the truth I doubt it very much   ???

All the papers are sh!te, all pushing their agenda. I dont bother with any which is why I have my own opinion rather than regurgitated bullsh!t.

Lets hope this still goes through, looks like a good player.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu May 27, 2010 12:12 pm

Just looking at it, if we signed him now he will be classed as homegrown after 3 seasons at the club unless I'm very much mistaken?  ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby leep33 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:25 am

Its not looking good for us to sign him, Rangers apparently want more money off us.
leep33

Postby Owzat » Mon May 31, 2010 8:32 am

Not a big surprise there, better to walk away than be held to ransom. If we've shown interest in him, and he's interested in joining us, then bide your time Rafa. Unless he is a big part of our plans for next season then time is on our side, leave the offer on the table and be patient.
Last edited by Owzat on Mon May 31, 2010 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC ANIME » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:00 pm

SSN reports Danny Wilson transfer is back on for 5m? Where Sotirios Kyrgiakos is set to leave around 2m
LFC ANIME

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Someone just text me to say he may be flying out to Switzerland tonight. Trying to get confirmation now, could be another good move!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion