CL 3RD ROUND QUALIFYING DRAW 11.00BST - all build up and reaction here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:28 am

it'll be exciting for both legs if we do draw them.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:37 am

Bring em on i say :ghostface:
66-1112520797

Postby A.B. » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:48 am

No, I don't want our players injured early on.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:49 am

It will be a European ref ,they will all end up being sent off.:D
66-1112520797

Postby akumaface » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:04 am

I wonder how they do it???
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby captainduck » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:28 am

i dont think i would be able to handle that kind of game.. what would they say if we lost (in the unlikely situation) i would go on a gun rampage at goodison park. i would rather lose to a team like tns. im sure everton will be knocked out by some no namers anyways. man, i hate everton. dear stevie, for christmas i want another 2 footed lunge
captainduck

Postby A.B. » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:19 am

It will be a European ref ,they will all end up being sent off.:D

Wouldn't change the fact that our players would get injured.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:30 am

Bring them on! Wil be great to humiliate them before the league has even started!Kinda set the season up nicely!Everton are gonna have a rough ride this sesaon i reckon they'll defo be in the bottom half of the league come the end, if not relegation zone,which would taste really sweet! :D
66-1120597113

Postby RED ANT » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:31 am

akumaface wrote:I wonder how they do it???

Just warm up the two balls they want drawn together and bingo one fixed fixture.

I for one don't want them, not because they would beat us because they wouldn't but because they wanted european opposition so let them have it. They will get beat by whoever they get so it dosen't matter.
RED ANT

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:37 am

As sweet as knocking Everton out of CL would be, I'd prefer for us to draw some more shi.tty team (not sure which one because Everton is very sh.itty :D ).
IMO we should get some minnow, and cruise past them into group stage.  :blues:
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:57 am

we will know soon whether we will be playing against "the best team in Merseyside"
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:05 am

The word "Liverpool" will be a nightmare for Moyes. :D
LiverpoolMadman

Postby daddyo » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:48 am

LIFTED FROM 'THE SPORTING LIFE' THIS MORNING. IS THIS DUDE FOR REAL? ??????

champions league newcomers everton will be the team that the
big boys desperately want to avoid in Friday's Champions League third qualifying round draw, claims former Toffees striker Graeme Sharp.

Everton are rated 42nd-best in the competition because of their poor continental track record and are unseeded for the draw at UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland.

But the Premiership's fourth-best side last term should be rated as the most dangerous wild card in the competition claims Sharp, who figured in the club's European Cup Winners' Cup triumph in 1985.

"They really should be rated a big, big danger for anyone. Nobody wants to play English clubs in the tournament because of the quality of the league," Sharp said.

"Everton finished fourth last season and many of their games would have been seen all over Europe.

"Everton may be virtual unknowns as far as many clubs in Europe are concerned, but nobody will want to play them."

He added: "Everton are not seeded, which makes them even more dangerous. Liverpool are seeded and are in the same draw and they won't want to be drawn against Everton.

"And that surely will go for the other big boys. In the third qualifying round you are hoping for an easier passage than facing a club like Everton.

"The players will really want to get through, many of them have never played in the Champions League. And the same applies to the fans. I can't see any big club wanting a tie at Goodison Park with the place packed out.

"Europe's big boys will look at Everton's record in the Premiership and won't fancy playing them one little bit.

"Nobody dare underestimate them, they beat Manchester United and Liverpool last season and are really up for this one."

Apart from Liverpool, Everton could be drawn against the likes of Ajax, Dynamo Kiev, Monaco, Rangers, Panathinaikos and Inter Milan from the seeded list of 16 - only Manchester United from that group cannot be drawn to play Everton.

Sharp added: "Everton have been virtually ignored, because they have no experience at this level it's easy to write them off.

"But a seeded club will want something a lot easier than playing Everton. Over two legs anything can happen."

Everton boss David Moyes has already expressed his dismay that his side could be drawn against Liverpool, the European Cup holders having been stripped of their country protection in the draw.

Everton could also face Rangers or Celtic, but it's now unlikely that the Hoops will figure in the next round after their 5-0 hammering by Artmedia Bratislava in the first leg of their second qualifying round tie.

Nobody on Merseyside really wants an Everton v Liverpool showdown, certainly not the local police or either club's administrators who can see the prospect of close on £20million resting on the outcome, with the losers dropping into the UEFA Cup.

For Everton that is a shocking prospect.

They have not competed among the European elite since 1970-71, having twice being denied a place by the ban on Liverpool and the rest of English football after the Heysel tragedy of 1985.

Sharp said: "You can see it coming and it would be bad. UEFA don't want all these English clubs involved and if a Mersey derby happens there will be a few raised eyebrows, I'm sure."
daddyo

Postby dward » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:59 am

daddyo wrote:LIFTED FROM 'THE SPORTING LIFE' THIS MORNING. IS THIS DUDE FOR REAL? ??????

big boys desperately want to avoid in Friday's Champions League third qualifying round draw, claims former Toffees striker Graeme Sharp.

Everton are rated 42nd-best in the competition because of their poor continental track record and are unseeded for the draw at UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland.

But the Premiership's fourth-best side last term should be rated as the most dangerous wild card in the competition claims Sharp, who figured in the club's European Cup Winners' Cup triumph in 1985.

"They really should be rated a big, big danger for anyone. Nobody wants to play English clubs in the tournament because of the quality of the league," Sharp said.

"Everton finished fourth last season and many of their games would have been seen all over Europe.

"Everton may be virtual unknowns as far as many clubs in Europe are concerned, but nobody will want to play them."

He added: "Everton are not seeded, which makes them even more dangerous. Liverpool are seeded and are in the same draw and they won't want to be drawn against Everton.

"And that surely will go for the other big boys. In the third qualifying round you are hoping for an easier passage than facing a club like Everton.

"The players will really want to get through, many of them have never played in the Champions League. And the same applies to the fans. I can't see any big club wanting a tie at Goodison Park with the place packed out.

"Europe's big boys will look at Everton's record in the Premiership and won't fancy playing them one little bit.

"Nobody dare underestimate them, they beat Manchester United and Liverpool last season and are really up for this one."

Apart from Liverpool, Everton could be drawn against the likes of Ajax, Dynamo Kiev, Monaco, Rangers, Panathinaikos and Inter Milan from the seeded list of 16 - only Manchester United from that group cannot be drawn to play Everton.

Sharp added: "Everton have been virtually ignored, because they have no experience at this level it's easy to write them off.

"But a seeded club will want something a lot easier than playing Everton. Over two legs anything can happen."

Everton boss David Moyes has already expressed his dismay that his side could be drawn against Liverpool, the European Cup holders having been stripped of their country protection in the draw.

Everton could also face Rangers or Celtic, but it's now unlikely that the Hoops will figure in the next round after their 5-0 hammering by Artmedia Bratislava in the first leg of their second qualifying round tie.

Nobody on Merseyside really wants an Everton v Liverpool showdown, certainly not the local police or either club's administrators who can see the prospect of close on £20million resting on the outcome, with the losers dropping into the UEFA Cup.

For Everton that is a shocking prospect.

They have not competed among the European elite since 1970-71, having twice being denied a place by the ban on Liverpool and the rest of English football after the Heysel tragedy of 1985.

Sharp said: "You can see it coming and it would be bad. UEFA don't want all these English clubs involved and if a Mersey derby happens there will be a few raised eyebrows, I'm sure."

OMG!!!!!!!!! is this guy having a joke? ???? :help

or have you edited it? :help

that is unbelievable if it's true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

an easier passage than facing NEVERTONIONS!!!!! :D
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:03 am

To Moyes and the Neverton " Welcome to the Champion League"  :angry:
LiverpoolMadman

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion