Bring on the new Liverpool - Who to choose?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby livfan05 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:53 am

This will be the most important post ill ever make so please review it and add a reply.

This season, Liverpool have brought alot of class players. The new Liverpool side is being developed, at a sensible speed and anyone who have a dissapointment with Rafeal Benitez is in the wrong. To be honest Benitez has brought us to the next stage of the Champions League and half way to Carling Cup winners.
  Next season im sure that Liverpool will be on the top without a loss. First of all Cisse will be back , a new keeper would have entered the team(hope so) , but who is to say that Liverpool's success is over for this season.
livfan05

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:03 am

:) at last a sensible post... :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:09 am

... as Real Madrid have proved, it is no good having a team full of talent if you cannot make them play together effectively.

And in that sense Benitez's managerial talent is considered to be akin to that of Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger - an ability to turn a promising squad of individuals into an efficient team of winners.

BENITEZ'S CV
1986-89: Took first coaching role with Castilla youth team
1989-95: Worked at Real Madrid where he won the league with the youth team and the B team before assisting boss Vicente del Bosque
1995-96: First management role with Real Valladolid

1996-97: Another uninspiring spell at the helm of second division side Osasuna
1997-99: Takes over at Extremadura where he wins the second division title at his first attempt
2000-01: Clinches the second division crown again this time with Tenerife
2001-02: Moves to Valencia where he ends the club's 30-year wait for the La Liga crown
2003-04: Wins the Spanish league title for the second time and then secures his first European silverware with victory in the Uefa Cup
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:14 am

livfan05 wrote:This will be the most important post ill ever make so please review it and add a reply.

This season, Liverpool have brought alot of class players. The new Liverpool side is being developed, at a sensible speed and anyone who have a dissapointment with Rafeal Benitez is in the wrong. To be honest Benitez has brought us to the next stage of the Champions League and half way to Carling Cup winners.
  Next season im sure that Liverpool will be on the top without a loss. First of all Cisse will be back , a new keeper would have entered the team(hope so) , but who is to say that Liverpool's success is over for this season.

:D
82-1074641017

Postby Alanay » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:45 am

First of all, no one can guarantee that Cisse will not injure again next year. EPL is a very heavy league. You can have so many games in a month. Our latet casualty is Hyppia. I watched the live telecast the pther day again Soton, I think Hyppia is not 90% fit. Then we had the blow. Pellegrino, I think, is still learning to understand the other players', what they are talking about on the field. I think he need English classes ( the fastest route one..). Yeah, I always hope that we bounced back. The way I looked at it, we might be losing the 4th. place if we are not playing well enough. Luckily, Newcastle is struggling too. And I think Everton will not sustain that 4th place that long, even with Beattie. So it's up to us to take up the chances.. or we'll also go down to Mid table...
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:50 am

zarababe wrote:... as Real Madrid have proved, it is no good having a team full of talent if you cannot make them play together effectively.

And in that sense Benitez's managerial talent is considered to be akin to that of Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger - an ability to turn a promising squad of individuals into an efficient team of winners.

BENITEZ'S CV
1986-89: Took first coaching role with Castilla youth team
1989-95: Worked at Real Madrid where he won the league with the youth team and the B team before assisting boss Vicente del Bosque
1995-96: First management role with Real Valladolid

1996-97: Another uninspiring spell at the helm of second division side Osasuna
1997-99: Takes over at Extremadura where he wins the second division title at his first attempt
2000-01: Clinches the second division crown again this time with Tenerife
2001-02: Moves to Valencia where he ends the club's 30-year wait for the La Liga crown
2003-04: Wins the Spanish league title for the second time and then secures his first European silverware with victory in the Uefa Cup

Im not taken anythink away from wat he did at Valencia but hector cuper formned that team but he did bring through Mista and Vicente and led to Uefa cuo glory.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:50 am

eek:O
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby the great one » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:54 am

Starbridge42 wrote:eek:O

What  ???
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:58 am

I dunno I just felt like saying it.  i think it was after hearing the idea of being mid-table.

Yep that was it

Eek! :O
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Kopboyau » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:00 am

If it has come to already looking where Liverpool are heading next year lets take a look at what needs to happen between now and then. First of all lets take a look at a starting line up

Carson

Finnan                  Carragher     Hyypia           Riise

Solari                           Alonso                   Garcia

Baros

Cisse                Morientes   

This is of course assuming that Gerrard does leave and that we get Solari.

Secondly we need to trim some dead wood: Dudek must go. Sell Diao and Diouf to Birmingham and Bolton. Pellegrino should go back to reserves where he might actually do some good.

And we need to purchase some QUALITY players with the money that we get for Gerrard if he goes. And anyway fourth at this stage is only seven points away and a win against the blue ****** at Anfield makes it 4 points and Everton - Gravasen = Everton not winning many games.
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:24 am

Garcia is not a winger and should not be played as one, and Pellegrino should only play as cover :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:28 am

Kopboyau wrote:If it has come to already looking where Liverpool are heading next year lets take a look at what needs to happen between now and then. First of all lets take a look at a starting line up

Carson

Finnan                  Carragher     Hyypia           Riise

Solari                           Alonso                   Garcia

Baros

Cisse                Morientes

:laugh:
Are you sure you don't want a 4th striker in there ? . Defensively your midfield is non existent . It might look good in Pro Evo Soccer but thats all .

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:31 am

ok firstly solari plays on the right not the left... n why not play garcia in the  floating  role n start off with baros n morientes up front with cisse having to fight for a spot, the right can then go to nunez if hes improved and if not then hopefully rafa will sign a classy right winger with some of the gerrard money
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:22 am

I agree with the original statement. It's nice to hear one of us being optomistic for once. Nice one.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:00 am

Starbridge42 wrote:ok firstly solari plays on the right not the left...

Solaris is on the right.. unless we are playing Carson up front and Baros and Morientes in goal? ???
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion