Fa would have to choose between us and everton - If we win the cl

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby KennyisGod....still » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:52 am

Our only hope rests on the case of Real Madrid and Real Zaragosa, outside of that I feel legal eagles would block it in favor of Neverton. The FA dont have the balls for a legal fight, Uefa can't be arsed to give an opinion and even FIFA have stopped the winners goin in the World Cup. I'm resigned to UEFA Cup football next season and anythin above thats a bonus.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:27 am

2520years wrote:haps is right.

The FA will put in whoever they think will do the best.  IF LFC win the thing this year, then who do they think will do better next season?  The Champions of Europe or a bunch of thugs and hackers who've never done anything worthwhile in Europe.

:p

First off the Premier League has 4 voting spots in the FA, and they have already made up their minds that they are pulling for whoever wins fourth place. This is because it reflects poorly on the prestige of the league if a top four team isn't allowed to compete.  Also I just red an article on Rawk that said that the FA is very unlikely to allow us to compete even if we do gain the trophy....  doesnt look too good for us from my perspective, but alot can change from now to then.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:10 am

why are we all worrying, im sure before the start of next season mauren will p!ss off uefa enough to kick chelski out of the competition next year, therefore allowing us and the blue sh!te to qualify. in fact i wouldnt be surprised if his misdemeaner happens at anfield next week when we beat them.

he is a horrible smarmy tw@t and he wont accept us winning, he will come up with some cr@p about the ref being bribed and seeing rafa entering the referees room at half time, and how chelski have a god given right to be in the final as he himself is god and he has given cheslki the right to be in the final and indeed win the tournament.

so there you go, we ill be in the champions league next year by virtue of the fact that maureen is pr!ck who's ego is too big to accept that the mighty reds have knocked out his expensivley assembled team of cheats and divers.

he's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy   :D
112-1077774096

Postby azriahmad » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:37 am

Maurinho is one who takes the mind games to a new level, whereby he can start such a commotion that a ref retired (but this Frisk is actually not a very good ref, and his shortcomings allowed Maurinho to make a mountain out of his mistake).

But despite this, peewee, I still think that he is a great coach. This man has such great ambitions and is seemingly far more driven than any other to prove himself and win things as he was not a notable footballer in his youth - I'd read somewhere that his dad, while coaching a small pro-football team, was warned that he would lose his job if he picked young Jose Maurinho in the team. That was how bad he was as a young footballer!

He is utterly driven and always thinks that there are "external forces who don't like his successes which is shaking the establishment."
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:40 am

azriahmad wrote:Maurinho is one who takes the mind games to a new level, whereby he can start such a commotion that a ref retired (but this Frisk is actually not a very good ref, and his shortcomings allowed Maurinho to make a mountain out of his mistake).

But despite this, peewee, I still think that he is a great coach. This man has such great ambitions and is seemingly far more driven than any other to prove himself and win things as he was not a notable footballer in his youth - I'd read somewhere that his dad, while coaching a small pro-football team, was warned that he would lose his job if he picked young Jose Maurinho in the team. That was how bad he was as a young footballer!

He is utterly driven and always thinks that there are "external forces who don't like his successes which is shaking the establishment."

i have taken on board everything that you have written and come to the conclusion that he is a t!t   :D
112-1077774096

Postby azriahmad » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:58 am

Our own coach is no slouch either, peewee.

Just look at Valencia this season without him - they are virtually the same team with a few ageing and expensive Italian flops or has beens. Benithez does his work with a minimum of fuss, he does not hog the limelight and he does not say much or get animated during post-match interviews. He only needs to cure our inconsistency and get a majorityof the signings he made perform satisfactorily a player like Nunez can be made to do any sort of decent performance.

As he is no Maurinho-esque mega ego charachter, he is certainly no t!t :D
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:52 pm

I do not understand what all the fuss is, surely this is self explanatory, from rules set out by Uefa  ??? or am I reading this incorrectly?

Regulations of The UEFA Champions League 2004/05

Quote:
1.03 At the request of the national association concerned, the UEFA Champions
League title-holders may be entered for this competition, as an additional
representative of that association, if they have not qualified for the UEFA
Champions League via the top domestic league championship. If, in such a
case, the title-holders come from an association entitled to enter four teams
for the UEFA Champions League, the fourth-placed club in the top domestic
league championship has to be entered for the UEFA Cup.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:58 pm

haps has hit the nail on the head.  Basically they will chose the side who will be the strongest represention of the Premier League....as winners, we would be that!  Can you imagine if they let Everton go though and then they did a Newcastle and failed to get past the play offs??
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:02 pm

PREMIER LEAGUE WILL OPPOSE REDS' BID

Liverpool are almost certain to miss out on the Champions League next season if they finish out of the top four in the Premiership - even if they win Europe's elite club competition.

The FA board are due to discuss the issue at a meeting on Thursday but will not make any decision until at least the semi-final between Chelsea and Liverpool has been played.

However, the Premier League would resist any attempt to remove Champions League qualification from the side that finishes fourth - likely to be Everton - and it is understood that a majority of the FA board share those feelings.

One neutral club chairman told the Press Association: "If the situation arises I'm sure the board will take the view that the top four should go into the Champions League - that was the rule everybody was playing by at the start of the season so you cannot change it now.

"I can't see the board giving the place to Liverpool if they get to the final and win because they won't have qualified through the league - even the World Cup winners have to qualify for the next tournament now."

The FA have asked UEFA to be allowed five clubs in the Champions League should Liverpool win the tournament but that plea is certain to be rejected - their rules clearly state a maximum of four clubs per country are allowed.

The regulations also stress that it will be up to the FA board to decide.

They say: "At the request of the national association concerned, the UEFA Champions League title-holders may be entered for this competition, as an additional representative of that association, if they have not qualified for the UEFA Champions League via the top domestic league championship.

"If, in such a case, the title-holders come from an association entitled to enter four teams for the UEFA Champions League, the fourth-placed club in the top domestic league championship has to be entered for the UEFA Cup."

UEFA communications director William Gaillard said: "Should those circumstances arise it is up to the FA to make a decision."

Incidentally, the FA's chief executive Brian Barwick, who is a Liverpool fan, does not have a voting role on the board.

Link to Story

Pretty much says it all.....
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:12 pm

Liverpool will play in next years CL if they win this years trophy.simple as that.The english FA and UEFA would leave themselves open to a mountain of criticism if the European champions were unable to defend their trophy to make way for the fourth placed team in the english league.Everton dont have any basis for a legal challenge either.The four champions league spots are invitation only and everton havent been invited yet.They dont have a leg to stand on.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:18 pm

give me a break.....does any sane human think that finishing 4th is better than winning the champions league ???

one club chairman said: "If the situation arises, I'm sure the board will take the view that the top four will go into the Champions League. That was the rule everybody was playing at the start of the season and it would be wrong to change it now."

anyone wanna wager which club chairman that is ?

1)BS
2)Scum
......ah...thats all folks.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport....a28.xml

Liverpool lacking friends in high places
By Tim Rich
(Filed: 28/04/2005)

In pictures: Champions League action
In pictures: Route to the semis

The Football Association will meet today to discuss whether to press the case for Liverpool being allowed to defend the European Cup should they win the competition but finish outside the top four in the Premiership.

It is understood that even if Liverpool become only the second English team to lift the trophy in 20 years, there is not widespread support for them supplanting the fourth-placed Premiership side - likely to be Everton.

Although no vote will be taken until the second leg of the semi-final with Chelsea has been played, one club chairman said: "If the situation arises, I'm sure the board will take the view that the top four will go into the Champions League. That was the rule everybody was playing at the start of the season and it would be wrong to change it now."

On the only other occasion a similar situation has arisen, the Spanish FA successfully pushed for Real Madrid, who won the European Cup but finished fifth in La Liga in 2000, to go forward into the Champions League while pushing Real Zaragoza into the UEFA Cup.

However, Real Madrid have rather more influence with the Spanish FA than Liverpool do at Soho Square, whose only action thus far has been to write to UEFA asking for a fifth Champions League place, knowing it will be refused.

However, given the lack of success of English clubs in Europe over the past two decades it would take considerable will for the FA to ask the European champions not to defend their trophy.

Should the unlikely happen and Liverpool overcome both Chelsea and probably AC Milan in the European Cup final, it seems painfully clear that the decision will rest solely with the FA. As reported in The Daily Telegraph yesterday the Champions League's articles of association are quite clear on the matter.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion