Midfielders - Who would you choose?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Octsky » Wed May 13, 2009 5:39 am

hope we can sign silva, he is only 22 yrs old, its like he is around forever. with silva as left winger, barry as left back, insuna as his backup, we will have the left side secure.
plus the best central mid in the world. what we need to do is just find a world class back up striker.

that's it. puzzle completed. :cool:
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Wed May 13, 2009 6:16 am

16m Euros? thats a lot cheaper than I was expecting us to potentially sign him for. If we get him for that its an absolute steal.
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Greavesie » Wed May 13, 2009 6:18 am

‘Someone called him Mr Duracell, and that is a good description for him, because he is like the bunny in the advert. He is always on the go, always running.’

wasnt this said of the offal from Benitez about our very own Dirk? ???
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed May 13, 2009 10:25 am

Greavesie wrote:

16m Euros? thats a lot cheaper than I was expecting us to potentially sign him for. If we get him for that its an absolute steal.

Agent admits Silva interest
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Owzat » Wed May 13, 2009 12:22 pm

Never know what to believe in various reports. I read today that Arsenal will have to cough up £18m for Alonso, most on here don't think we should sell at all and £18m is nothing for a player like him. Then I read we're after Barry and some sources reckon £8m, others £12m.

Now Silva for £15m or whatever the exact figure is, it has to be "paper talk" since they can't possibly be privy to any discussions clubs may be having. I saw a link for David Villa somewhere the other day, we were linked with a £20m move and the figure changed practically every day from then until only Citeh could afford it! Some papers talk of "fire sales" and others talk about the clubs holding out for large fees - who knows what to believe any more.

Why would Alonso want to move to Arsenal who are having a pretty poor season by their standards, who may well not match his current wages and who, according to Lee Dixon on bbc, are badly missing a holding midfielder so he may well be lumbered with that role

EDIT : I think it's more likely Arsene will pluck a DM out of the air for a few million and make him the next Vieira/Flamini. Trouble is some expect him to wave his magic wand every season.
Last edited by Owzat on Wed May 13, 2009 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion