Midfielders - Who would you choose?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Mon May 11, 2009 11:47 am

Just a couple of points re Pranjic. Firstly, just because the Mirror says we are in for him it doesn't mean we are. We'll be linked with scores of players between now and the beginning of next season. Second, who the feck is he?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon May 11, 2009 11:53 am

bigmick wrote:Just a couple of points re Pranjic. Firstly, just because the Mirror says we are in for him it doesn't mean we are. We'll be linked with scores of players between now and the beginning of next season. Second, who the feck is he?

On the subject of the Mirror, 442 magazine did an article a the start of the season giving percentages of transfer rumours that actually came true last summer, comparing the prediction success of all the newspapers.  Surprisingly the Mirror was the worst, with well over 50% of what they print being absolute garbage.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RobinHood6969 » Mon May 11, 2009 11:53 am

red_guy wrote:
RobinHood6969 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
RobinHood6969 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Mirror today reporting that we are set to sign Daniel Pranjic

Liverpool on verge of singing Daniel Pranjic

If this is true then I doubt we will sign Silva.

I dont understand why are we signing these cr@ps  :veryangry  another 8 million on a squad player  :angry:  :no  :down:

I've not seen much of him but I don't see how he is an improvment over Riera. Or Downing for that matter. But id rather have Downing over this guy.

Yes.. We already have riera.. what we need is a player with class...

Riera is good enough for me, i don't know about this guy though... we should sign Tevez. He can still perform well while being treated like :censored: by that red nose d1ck. Just imagine how he would perform if he's happy with his situation at the club. A true pro. Having his best friend , mascha here would definitely help.

even i would luv tevez here.. Imagine him scroing against mancs next season and doing a pants down dance in front of whiskey nose's dug out  :D ..would luv that and would fall off my chair  :laugh:
RobinHood6969

Postby Festy » Mon May 11, 2009 11:54 am

bigmick wrote:Just a couple of points re Pranjic. Firstly, just because the Mirror says we are in for him it doesn't mean we are. We'll be linked with scores of players between now and the beginning of next season. Second, who the feck is he?

He's a
- Mediocre Croatian left back/wing back/winger/left midfield player who has just broken into the Croatian national team (at the age of 28 mind you)
- ..and who performed well in EURO 2008 (and we all didn't even notice he was a start performer in that tournament)
- ..and plays for a mediocre club Heerenveen in a mediocre Dutch league
- ..and who has been linked with mediocre English clubs like Portsmouth, Sunderland and West Ham before.  :no

:down:
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby RobinHood6969 » Mon May 11, 2009 11:54 am

john craig wrote:

On the subject of the Mirror, 442 magazine did an article a the start of the season giving percentages of transfer rumours that actually came true last summer, comparing the prediction success of all the newspapers.  Surprisingly the Mirror was the worst, with well over 50% of what they print being absolute garbage.

Feck Mirror... Bstds
RobinHood6969

Postby RobinHood6969 » Mon May 11, 2009 11:57 am

Festy wrote:

He's a
- Mediocre Croatian left back/winger/left midfield player who has just broken into the Croatian national team (at the age of 28 mind you)
- ..and who performed well in EURO 2008 (and we all didn't even notice he was a start performer in that tournament)
- ..and who has been linked with mediocre English clubs like Portsmouth, Sunderland and West Ham before.  :no

I think he was reserve in da croatian team... Never noticed him during the euros..
RobinHood6969

Postby bigmick » Mon May 11, 2009 11:58 am

Festy wrote:

He's a
- Mediocre Croatian left back/winger/left midfield player who has just broken into the Croatian national team (at the age of 28 mind you)

Well given all that mate i think it's highly unlikely we'll be in for him. "Options and Possibilities" players went out with mass rotation from game one and the circumspect tactical approach.

I genuinely do think that those people who are baying for some real proper top quality, big money signings are going to get their wish this Summer. We will be signing players like Tevez, Villa, Silva (obviously not all three of them, or even any of them, but people like them) I think. Options and possibilities went out with the arc.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon May 11, 2009 12:23 pm

:laugh:

must resist

Options will always be in Rafas mind - IE BETTER OPTIONS FROM THE SQUAD
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Mon May 11, 2009 12:30 pm

GYBS wrote: :laugh:

must resist

Options will always be in Rafas mind - IE BETTER OPTIONS FROM THE SQUAD

another comedy gold post from bigmick  :D
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Mon May 11, 2009 1:00 pm

On Liverpool, Negredo and summer transfers

Quite a few of our readers have been asking about a rumour that Liverpool are lining up a move for Alvaro Negredo, the former Real Madrid reserve player currently breaking goalscoring records at Almeria.

However, I can tell you that this rumour has been denied by Liverpool, and despite his goal scoring rate this season, Negredo is not considered to be of the necessary quality required at Anfield. Liverpool have established a relationship with Almería at a lower level, something which may develop to include players swaps in few years time, but this relationship is still at a very early stage.

An even greater number of readers are asking about Liverpool´s transfer budget this summer, and those persistent rumours linking Liverpool with an array of expensive talent simply will not go away.

Unfortunately little has changed since we last dealt with this topic here and Liverpool´s financial resources remain the same as in previous summers. In other words, Rafa Benitez will practically have to finance whatever players he wants through sales. There is no word yet from the American owners about how much money is available (around 20 million is expected once Rafa identifies a big target, but no confirmation from either Hicks or Gillett: contrary to reports). Benitez has had an average of 18m pounds net spent since he arrived and that will more or less be the figure he will have to work with. Luckily, the spine of the team is already in place: something of a minor miracle considering the quality of that spine - and considering that he had to build it from almost nothing around Steven Gerrard.

The big difference between now and previous seasons is that it will be Rafa Benitez who decides where the money goes – and on whom – rather than the Chief executive.
That means if Xabi Alonso does end up leaving this summer, then a central midfield player will clearly be target.

A player in the mould of David Silva may also be on the agenda - and despite Rafa´s recent statement that the Valencia player is no longer a target, there is always the possibility that circumstances may change. As I reported here the problem with David Silva is the fee, not the footballer. In other words, his talent and what he can offer Liverpool is not in doubt, it is the asking price: a fee that could escalate significantly if Real Madrid and Barcelona engage in a bidding war for his services.

Again, everything very much hinges on how much money Benitez can raise from the potential sale of players like Voronin, Dossena, Babel and maybe even Benayoun – plus any change in investment put in by the club´s owners. At the time of writing, the American owners of the club have yet to confirm if any additional resources will be available.

Link
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon May 11, 2009 1:15 pm

Festy wrote:

He's a
- Mediocre Croatian left back/wing back/winger/left midfield player who has just broken into the Croatian national team (at the age of 28 mind you)

When I've seen clips of him, he reminds me of watching all Kuyt's goals in Holland when he signed. The defences just looked so pi$$ poor you can't see him scoring them sort of goals in the premiership.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Mon May 11, 2009 1:19 pm

It's not been reported anywhere else so hopefully its rubbish. I remember the Mirror saying we were on the verge of signing that Darijo Srna a few years back and that never came to frutition.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue May 12, 2009 1:09 pm

Not really much to this story but ......from The Mail

Liverpool boss Benitez lines up £12m bid for Middlesbrough winger Downing

Stewart Downing has emerged as the preferred choice to solve Rafa Benitez’s need for more width and will be the subject of a £12m bid by Liverpool at the end of the season.

Tottenham’s Aaron Lennon was also in the frame, but Benitez has switched focus to the left flank and Middlesbrough winger Downing, after being impressed by Dirk Kuyt’s impact on the right this season.

Benitez said: ‘Someone called him Mr Duracell, and that is a good description for him, because he is like the bunny in the advert. He is always on the go, always running.’
Last edited by tubby on Tue May 12, 2009 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed May 13, 2009 4:53 am

LiverpoolMadman

Postby bigmick » Wed May 13, 2009 5:14 am

TBPH I din't think we'll sign David Silva. If we or anybody else does, I don't think he will cut it in England. Time will tell of course, but I think his diminutive stature will work against him to such an extent that he will be reuced to being just a decent player.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion