Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:00 pm

ballotelliman » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:55 pm wrote:i know its early but markovic worries me not good at tracking back or going forward at the minute. And what about joe allen  coutinho  hendo markovic seems abit lightweight to me tracking back. Thats where weve been getting over run in midfield

No matter how big or small you are if you chase a player they will try and avoid you and the presence of a player is enough to put players off.

MArkovic tracks back more then all our other wingers in my opinion. Henderson isnt the strongest of players but his willingness of not giving up is what makes him unique he wins the most balls in our midfield by a distance

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:37 pm

Wow… talk about being blinkered
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:45 pm

Stu i cant keep flirting with you .... Make your point how i have been blinkered so i can defend it

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:19 am

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers admits his team are back in a period of transition similar to when he first arrived at Anfield.

The departure of striker Luis Suarez, integrating a raft of summer signings and injuries to a number of players have all contributed to a difficult start to the campaign.

The Reds have won just twice in the Premier League and scored only eight times in six matches, while keeping just one clean sheet in nine outings.

Rodgers accepts there will be more pain to come before things pick up again, but he denied he was facing the biggest challenge of his managerial career after expectations were raised following last season's second-place finish.

"Liverpool haven’t become a bad team overnight and sooner or later they just need to get a break, score an early goal and they will be alright. This could be the game."
Paul Merson's prediction for the WBA game
"No, not really. It's an exciting challenge. This is an incredible job and nothing has changed," he said.

"The first six months were difficult here but for 18 months we've been on a magic carpet ride in terms of our performance level and everything improving.

"For me it would have been a case of keeping the squad we had and adding a few bodies to thicken up the squad.

"But that wasn't the case. There was big change here in the summer and we lost a world-class player (when Suarez was sold to Barcelona).

Difficult

"We had to improve the squad and bring in a number of players and unfortunately we've lost a number of our key players to injuries.

"It brings us into a little period of transition again. It's something that was difficult in the first few months when I got here.

"You have to go through some pain along the way. We are in a difficult moment but that's the great challenge for myself and the players."
Brendan Rodgers
"You have to go through some pain along the way. We are in a difficult moment but that's the great challenge for myself and the players.

"We will look at it even harder and analyse it more just to ensure we keep it simple and keep to the values and ethics of this team - hard work, honesty and concentrating on our performance."

Liverpool host West Brom on Saturday, and the Baggies were Rodgers' first opponents when he took over in the summer of 2012.

"There are similarities in that it feels like a new group again," he added.

"I'm not here to whine or complain about injuries. We just need to get on with working hard and go back to core principles which our good performances and wins were all about.

"The job now is similar to then in terms of need to integrate all of that to create winning performances."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... transition
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what happens when you are world classes-less and are expected to perform on multiple fronts with players of questionable quality.Its not rocket science.

I fooking sick of the taking long hard road to success, lifes too short to be waiting around to have your dick teased once every 10 years only to be rejected at the pinacle moment and end up having a W*nk to have some form of reward to keep you going and keep you supporting.

SELL THE FOOKING CLUB TO SOME RICH ARABS AND LETS FOOKING BUY SOME REAL QUALITY PLAYERS ITS THE ONLY FOOKING WAY WE WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:veryangry  :veryangry  :veryangry  :veryangry  :veryangry  :veryangry  :veryangry  :veryangry  :veryangry  :veryangry  :veryangry  :veryangry 

killerp

Postby Red Focus » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:23 am

Killerp, I totally agree with you. I am not and never will be a fan of FSG. Brendan either is a Yes Man or brainwashed by them not to spend too much on anyone player and that his spendings should be on youngsters with potential (Origi, Can, Manquillo, Markovic, Moreno), cheap veterans Lambert or players available on a free V.Valdes.

I have received many critical replies from a few members who staunchly disagree with having an oil rich tycoon owner. Just think, if FSG were the owners of Chelsea or City, do you think they'll be where they are today? Never. IMO, there is not much future under fsg. One of the main reasons why some people object to having a rich owner is that if they pack their bags and pull the plug, then the club is finished. But the rich owners of Chel and City are still here after more than 10 years and they're growing in strength with every new season. What is happening to Liverpool? We're regressing.

Don't for one second think the 100+ million spent by Brendan came from FSG, 75 million of it came from the sale of LS and so their own funding for Brendan was around 40m at the very most. That is mid table funding.

Anyone can feel free to voice out your reasons if you disagree but if you're going to side track and use all sorts of sarcastic or rude remarks, I will not hesitate to report you to the moderator to take action. Stu The Red, take note.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:49 am

Maybe you two are supporting the wrong club for you then? :0
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Focus » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:13 pm

maguskwt » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:49 am wrote:Maybe you two are supporting the wrong club for you then? :0

The wrong owners.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby kazza » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:28 pm

I want a long term solution not a quick fix that destabilises our future. Rich Arab is not the solution. Financial Fair Play is going to take it's toll and those that are self supporting will be around for years and those that aren't won't.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:04 pm

kazza » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:28 am wrote:I want a long term solution not a quick fix that destabilises our future. Rich Arab is not the solution. Financial Fair Play is going to take it's toll and those that are self supporting will be around for years and those that aren't won't.

Exactly... FSG had been fair Imo... They did let BR spend quite a substantial amount of money in his 3 seasons in charge so far. And the stadium expansion appears to be moving forward...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:44 am

The best line I heard during the west brom game..

"Liverpool traded their gold for copper"
killerp

Postby killerp » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:06 am

Red Focus » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:23 am wrote:the rich owners of Chel and City are still here after more than 10 years and they're growing in strength with every new season. What is happening to Liverpool? We're regressing.

I used to think Chelsea will implode, city will go away... But they are still here like you said. The more time goes on, the more I realize I already know Liverpools results for the next 10 years with our direction and transfer strategy.

I think fsg are good owners for financial stability, yes. but they have no real interest in really pushing for the title as it requires massive investment. Unfortunately I have...and have been waiting for the day for 10 years. We have our chance...miss out..just, that's ok. I'm still happy we did so well.

We lose Suarez

Fook...

We bring 9 new faces... Ok might be ok, nobody that you could say is real quality, faith though.

We start this season with 100 million pounds worth of new players and look hopeless across the pitch, I mean every fooking department has caved in. Forget new players, old veterans are still on holidays.

It's hard to watch going from title contenders to hopeless top 6 contenders so quickly.

Prove me wrong lfc, earn your fooking supporters money for one  :glare:
killerp

Postby only me » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:08 am

Before Running to the Rich Arab Sheikh...I have a good friend which is a City fan for ages and while Yes he was happy after they won the title he admitted that he felt something was missing and the the feeling was as if he bought the title and not won it ,he is still a City fan but the passion is gone...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:19 am

When you look at the ages of the players that we have brought in we have obviously had one eye on the long term.
The likes of Manquillo, Moreno, Markovic and Can are all around 20 and even Mario and Lovren are only 24. Out of the 8 players that we've bought I'd argue that only Lallana at 26 is near his prime, Adam (theoretically at least) should be just entering the best 3 years of his career, the others are miles off their footballing prime's.
I think as frustrating as this is we all need to remember that we are a work in progress, the club would have no doubt been more competative this year if we would have went out and bought eight 27 year olds but if we went down that road we'd just be staring at another major rebuild 2 or 3 years down the line as as we all know we aren't City, Chelsea or United who can throw money about like drunken sailors.
Unfortunately to compete with those clubs long term we have to be sensible and plan for the future, make no mistake what Brendan is trying to do (compete against stinking rich clubs) is very, very tough, LVG was lauded as some sort of football genius but after trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear he soon went running for the chequebook.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:22 am

Yakka we are going down the same route as Arsenal they bought the like of Fabregas,Nasri RVP all before they entered their prime and when they got to a real quality what did they do ?

They left Arsenal and went on to win the league with another team

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:24 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:19 am wrote:When you look at the ages of the players that we have brought in we have obviously had one eye on the long term.
The likes of Manquillo, Moreno, Markovic and Can are all around 20 and even Mario and Lovren are only 24. Out of the 8 players that we've bought I'd argue that only Lallana at 26 is near his prime, Adam (theoretically at least) should be just entering the best 3 years of his career, the others are miles off their footballing prime's.
I think as frustrating as this is we all need to remember that we are a work in progress, the club would have no doubt been more competative this year if we would have went out and bought eight 27 year olds but if we went down that road we'd just be staring at another major rebuild 2 or 3 years down the line as as we all know we aren't City, Chelsea or United who can throw money about like drunken sailors.
Unfortunately to compete with those clubs long term we have to be sensible and plan for the future, make no mistake what Brendan is trying to do (compete against stinking rich clubs) is very, very tough, LVG was lauded as some sort of football genius but after trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear he soon went running for the chequebook.

Good post
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion