BOLTON VS LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby neil » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:59 pm

This is the kind of game I dread, mid-week champions league win followed by a notoriously difficult away fixture.In view of the recent away results I reckon this is a must win game, however this should be where Rafas rotation policy pays dividends, bellamy hyppia and sissoko rested(sissoko played what?20mins?)gonzales zenden and warnock in with a chance of 1st team action, do we give an inspired Crouch a start in place of Kuyt? Fowler?? Its a tough team selection to call and theres bound to be some surprises.
heres my prediction
reinna
riise
hyppia
carragher
finnan
zenden
sissoko
gerrard
gonzales
bellamy
crouch

2-0 win, bellamy&hyppia scoring.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:29 am

This weekend sees the difficult trip up the M62 to Bolton. A notoriously hard place to go, Big Sam sets his team out very physically and it is very effective. I was dreading this fixture, after the start to the season we've had, but with 3 wins out of 3, I hope this is the start of another consistent run. Last year, Rafa went like for like with Bungle, and played with a really physical team and tried to bully them off the ball. It worked quite well and we came away with a well earned point, when really they could and probably should of won.

This year our squad is a lot stronger and we look like we have got goals in us at any time at the moment. Sissoko is getting better and better, and Agger has removed Sami from the starting line up with some dazzling performances at the back. I think Rafa will stick to his 4 - 4 - 2 line up with his typical rotation changes.
Reina, Finnan, and Carra are all givens to start, I have a sneaking feeling Agger will feel the chop this week as we conceded 2 in 6 mins against the Turks at the weekend. And I fully expect Riise to take the LB role as Aurelio is poor defensively and with Bolton employing their 4 - 3 - 3 tactics are wingbacks will have to be very good on the day.

Momo will slot back into the middle with Xabi and Stevie will be pushed out wide to the right. Speedy took a knock at Anfield on Wednesday and Garcia was awful, at retaining possession so I think he will start Aurelio is the LM role as his passing and crossing are big big plusses to his average gameplay.

Up front, how can he not start Peter? I like Bellamy and Kuyt together, but with 2 goals midweek Crouchie will definetly be first striker on the teamsheet, and its a toss up between Kuyt and Bellamy. However Kuyt came off after 65 mins midweek and I think Rafa wants to get him a few more games in the Premiership so expect him to start on Saturday.

I'm travelling up to the Reebok on Saturday morning, and nothing less than the 3 points will do for me. If we want to be considered as contenders, Bolton away is the measure to set yourself by. Even if we play ugly 3 points at Bolton is 3 points and a good indication of where we are heading.

Reguards,

RafaDodd

My Predicted Eleven

- - - - - - - - Reina

- - Finnan Sami Carra Riise

- - Gerrard Xabi Momo Aurelio

- - - - - -Kuyt Crouch
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:14 am

Red Hot Mama wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:
Red Hot Mama wrote:Hi everyone.

I am a life long LFC fan. I lived my teenage years on the mighty Kop.  My middle son is a Liverpool fanatic.  We are off to Australia in 3 weeks to watch my eldest son play rugby league for St Helens out there.  My lad has just got his new LFC home shirt to take with him. 

The reason for my post is that we have a team of U16's rugby league players over from Australia.  They are St Edwards and are based just north of Sydney.  Our rugby club Chorley Panthers have got them tickets for Liverpool v Bolton on Saturday.  So if you see a group of Aussie lads in the crowd give them a warm scouse welcome ( and maybe even explain the rules to them  :D ) thanks

This type off thing sickings me,  there are lads that go to most Liverpool games who cant get tickets for this game.

Im guessing there in the bolton end arent they>?

Yes they are so hopefully they won't be near a whinging git like you :rasp

Thank fu.ck for that, I hate them day tripper fu.ckers  :laugh:

Heres my predicition

Reina
Finnan, Carra, Agger, Warnock
Gerrard, Alonso, Mommo, Riise
Bellamy, Crouch

Agger has got to playe this one instead off Hyypia, cause Agger has a bit more pace. Which is needed against Anelka and Diouf.  Riise left mid as he cant defend, and Warnock at left back cause neither can Aurelio.  Plus, Warnock will kick them back fairly.  An I think Rafas going to put Kuyt on the bench for this one as he looked double ducked on wedensday night.

I reckon 4 - 1 with Bellamy getting 2.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:15 am

http://www.bolton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=32438

Who the feck do they think they are  :O
Small time club, sh.it ground no fans, a team with a few Thugs, OAPS, and bargain basement freebees, plus a walrus for a manager with a big fat face.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mattylfc » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:20 am

I thunk Rafa may go with this:

Reina

Finnan     JC     Hypia      Warnock

Gerrard     Momo    Alonso     Risse

Crouch      Bellamy

Think hypia may come back in because of the physical nature of boltons game.  Warnock is solid at left back and Risse will give that extra cover aswell as getting forward.

Kuyt looked a bit tired midweek which is understandable with his workrate. I would give him a rest and let Crouch keep his place.  Would start Bellamy up there with him or maybe even garcia.
mattylfc

Postby neil » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:43 am

mattylfc wrote:..... with him or maybe even garcia.

:oh: Garcia playing away at Bolton, no chance.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:47 am

Im not confident atall about this game if Im honest.
Early kick offjust after a midweek CL game.
They have had since monday to rest, very resilent team at the back and not many teams come away with a victory from here has it is.
Bolton dont seem to be bothered either with all that bung stuff.
We cannot afford to drop any more points either, really tough game, just hope we come away with the 3 points, in what will be a game of constant fouling and not letting us play any footabll atall.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:35 am

i generally despise playing bolton. our record down there is shocking. i can only remember us winning there once a few years back when baros got a brace on his debut.

the fact is we have to compete with their physical approach. they're nowhere near us on a football level but they'll bombard us with long balls, long throws and set pieces. for that reason i'd be tempted to bring hyypia back as nobody beats him in the air, not even kevin davies.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:33 pm

I'd like to see Sami come in for Agger and Riise in at LB for this one.  Move Aurelio up to LM perhaps and start Stevie wide right with Momo and Xabi in the middle.  Up top I'd go with Crouch and Bellamy to give Dirk a bit of a rest.

Early kick-offs usually mean a slow/sloppy first half for us.  If we can keep things tight throughout the first half and nick a goal on the break we'll be fine.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:42 pm

Bolton don't scare us - BenitezSep 29 2006

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL head to the Reebok confident they have the ammunition to deal with Bolton's hyper-physical tactics.

Controversial manager Sam Allardyce revels in getting under the skin of the Reds, and today claimed it was because he's a 'good tactician'.

The head-to-head between the teams shows Liverpool have won eight and lost two of their last 14 meetings with the Reebok side, which hardly qualifies Bolton as a bogey side.

But it's true their crude style of football has caused friction between the clubs during recent meetings.

"Maybe this is one of the most physically demanding games of a season, but we go there with a lot of experience of these types of games," said Benitez today. "There are some clubs who are particularly difficult to play against, and maybe Bolton are one of them.

"You must always be strong and be ready. Normally you expect there to be lot of tackles and fighting for second balls.

"I remember the first game we played there which we lost, although Luis Garcia scored a good goal which was disallowed and it should have been a draw.

"For sure we have improved a lot since then. In our second year we bought players who added a lot to the strength of the team and helped the balance of the side, particularly in these kinds of games. We always need to know what the other teams will do tactically."

Last season the Reds drew 2-2 in Lancashire, with Steven Gerrard and Garcia on the scoresheet in a ferocious encounter.

Liverpool are likely to be without Mark Gonzalez for their latest early kick-off.

The Chilean picked up a knock in Wednesday's 3-2 win over Galatasaray.

"Mark has a problem with his ankle. We need to make another check today, but I'm not sure he'll be available for this game," revealed Benitez.

too right!  there aint nothing to fear  :buttrock

a 1:1 then.... :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:43 pm

red37 wrote:Controversial manager Sam Allardyce revels in getting under the skin of the Reds, and today claimed it was because he's a 'good tactician'.

:laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:46 pm

stmichael wrote:
red37 wrote:Controversial manager Sam Allardyce revels in getting under the skin of the Reds, and today claimed it was because he's a 'good tactician'.

:laugh:

Last edited by Ciggy on Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:48 pm

it made me laugh the other night when bolton v portsmouth was on...the commentator(slyly) sneaked in a comment on how " both of these managers love a bargain"    :;):

then jeff stelling almost getting his head ripped off by allardyce for having the nerve to ask if "'he'd been offered a bung" the fat one didnt know whether to cry, run off or come through the telly an give him a thick-ear!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:53 pm

I bet Momo is sitting there dreaming of tomorrow though. It is his playtime.

Momo bomaye! Momo bomaye!  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red37 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:55 pm

Momo the destroyer  :bowdown

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion