BOLTON VS LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JimBOB123 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:26 am

Hmmm bolton n rugby being mentioned in the same topic lol. PHYSICAL
JimBOB123

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:02 pm

Red Hot Mama wrote:Adam - if you go on Saturday please look out for the young lads and give them a smile :D

no problem luv, will do  :upside:
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:16 pm

Red Hot Mama wrote:Hi everyone.

I am a life long LFC fan. I lived my teenage years on the mighty Kop.  My middle son is a Liverpool fanatic.  We are off to Australia in 3 weeks to watch my eldest son play rugby league for St Helens out there.  My lad has just got his new LFC home shirt to take with him. 

The reason for my post is that we have a team of U16's rugby league players over from Australia.  They are St Edwards and are based just north of Sydney.  Our rugby club Chorley Panthers have got them tickets for Liverpool v Bolton on Saturday.  So if you see a group of Aussie lads in the crowd give them a warm scouse welcome ( and maybe even explain the rules to them  :D ) thanks

This type off thing sickings me,  there are lads that go to most Liverpool games who cant get tickets for this game.

Im guessing there in the bolton end arent they>?
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Anfield rapper » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:24 am

This is a very tough game for us. Our last 5 games against Bolton have seen Bolton win twice, two draws and one win for us. To be honest i would be happy with a draw against them, but obviously we go there to win. Our away form has been very poor this season and this would be a perfect way to turn that around. It will be a tough physical game so i would want Sissoko definatley starting along with Gerrard. I would also have Riise starting because he has the ability to get a goal on the break. In central defence i would go with Hyppia and Carragher.

Reina

Finnan           Hyypia        Carragher         Riise

Pennant         Sissoko        Gerrard       Gonzales

Kuyt          Crouch
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:54 pm

Bleedin tough game this for us, I hate playing them at the Reebok, Physical side,  Fat bung b@stard, Allardyce cant stand that Walrus.

Bolton will no doubt field their usual selection of thugs, bruisers, OAP's and bargain basement buys and our ex player Anelka what he's doing at Bolton god only knows.

Expect aerial bombardment and set pieces by the minute, standing infront of Reina, shoving Reina, muscling in on our defenders type of game.

Id go for 5-4-1 for this we really need this win and climb further up the table, cause the internationals start again next bleeding week.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:40 pm

Keep an eye open for oSAMa bung laden :D
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:45 pm

oh well this is our last dinnertime KO for a while, it will be great to wrap up the recent period with maximum points..before the internationals come round again!!

(after last night..can we have a nice balanced controlled game please rafa)
:p
but you can see why we are such a draw at the moment...great stuff.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:44 pm

Good result at Bolton could really set us off and running and would go someway to making up for Sheff U. I would pick a battling hardworking team for this with lots of aeriel prowess.

Reina

Finnan
Hyypia
Carragher
Riise

Aurelio
Sissoko
Alonso
Gerrard

Kuyt
Crouch

Bellamy to come on second half (once we are in front). My one fear with my team selection is lack of pace, especially as Anelka will nodoubt want to prove a point yet again.
account deleted by request

Postby Graeme Noble » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:00 pm

s@int wrote:Good result at Bolton could really set us off and running and would go someway to making up for Sheff U. I would pick a battling hardworking team for this with lots of aeriel prowess.

Reina

Finnan
Hyypia
Carragher
Riise

Aurelio
Sissoko
Alonso
Gerrard

Kuyt
Crouch

Bellamy to come on second half (once we are in front). My one fear with my team selection is lack of pace, especially as Anelka will nodoubt want to prove a point yet again.

Although I prefer Bellamy, I do think Crouch deserves a chance up front.
I think that line-up is the best yes :)
Graeme Noble

Postby LFCman » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:21 pm

With kuyt and crouch up front, i predict 3-1 to liverpool with crouch scoring one and kuyt scoring a double.
Come on LIVERPOOL
Last edited by LFCman on Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFCman

Postby Effes » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:42 pm

I don't know how anyone can "predict" 3-1 after our record there over the last few years.

I'm not optimistic at all. This can go either way.

These are one of those games where we really have to battle and we aint been that good
at that recently.
Anelka is bound to score.
I'll be watching from a bar in madrid!!  :p
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby afs66 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:43 pm

I wonder Nicholas Anelka's performance against Liverpool. He didnt show his real performance in Fenerbahce as many teams he played. I am looking forward to watch him...
afs66

Postby Red Hot Mama » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:16 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
Red Hot Mama wrote:Hi everyone.

I am a life long LFC fan. I lived my teenage years on the mighty Kop.  My middle son is a Liverpool fanatic.  We are off to Australia in 3 weeks to watch my eldest son play rugby league for St Helens out there.  My lad has just got his new LFC home shirt to take with him. 

The reason for my post is that we have a team of U16's rugby league players over from Australia.  They are St Edwards and are based just north of Sydney.  Our rugby club Chorley Panthers have got them tickets for Liverpool v Bolton on Saturday.  So if you see a group of Aussie lads in the crowd give them a warm scouse welcome ( and maybe even explain the rules to them  :D ) thanks

This type off thing sickings me,  there are lads that go to most Liverpool games who cant get tickets for this game.

Im guessing there in the bolton end arent they>?

Yes they are so hopefully they won't be near a whinging git like you :rasp
Red Hot Mama

Postby PhiLFC » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:36 pm

afs66 wrote:I wonder Nicholas Anelka's performance against Liverpool. He didnt show his real performance in Fenerbahce as many teams he played. I am looking forward to watch him...

Good point afs... I forgot that Anelka went to Bolton.  Being an ex-Liverpool player I can see him scoring against us (they always do), our defence still looks a bit dodgy at times and a player of Anelka's speed and class could well take adavantage.

Gerrard in his floating role causing mayhem, Kuyt partnering Crouch (he has gotta play... he is the in-form striker).  I've  shown Kuyt just behind Crouch because from what I have seen he will naturally cover in midfield when he is needed... Crouch stays up front.
PhiLFC

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:48 pm

Rumour has it that Fat Sam might not be at the game on Saturday as he's feeling a bit bunged up! :D
Gracias King Rafa

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion