Would you risk cisse this season?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby morientes_gerrard » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:33 pm

It has been rumoured that Cisse is going to return before the end of the season, would you risk him or would you make sure he gets back to match fitness and not risk injury for next season?

He is probably my fave player, but if he was to return I would  prefer it to be the last 10minutes of the home game against Villa, rather than rushing him back into first team action.

Do you agree?
morientes_gerrard

Postby the return of HAS » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:56 pm

morientes_gerrard wrote:He is probably my fave player,

Just out of curiosity, if he is your favourite player, why does your user name have Gerrard and Morientes in it but not Cisse?
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolFan00 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:19 pm

I think the decision to risk him or not would have to be based on wether we have fourth place or not. If we look like we are going to take fourth place then i wouldn't risk him. However if we were chasing fourth and either Baros or Morientes are injured or suspended i would definetly risk him
Some people think football is a matter of life or death but it's far more important than that. - Bill Shankley

A Well Balanced Soccer Player Has A Beer In Each Hand!
LiverpoolFan00
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:23 pm

LiverpoolFan00 wrote:I think the decision to risk him or not would have to be based on wether we have fourth place or not. If we look like we are going to take fourth place then i wouldn't risk him. However if we were chasing fourth and either Baros or Morientes are injured or suspended i would definetly risk him

What a load of rubbish. A player should never be risked.

It is irrelevant what the situation is concerning the challenge for 4th place. If the doctors say he is fit to play then he plays, otherwise no.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolFan00 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:58 pm

The question was wether to risk him if he wasn't fully match fit. Not if he is still injured. Of course you wouldn't risk a player who was still carrying an injury. But if it is only a case of him not being match fit the only way he can get fully match fit is by playing
Some people think football is a matter of life or death but it's far more important than that. - Bill Shankley

A Well Balanced Soccer Player Has A Beer In Each Hand!
LiverpoolFan00
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:04 pm

LiverpoolFan00 wrote:The question was wether to risk him if he wasn't fully match fit. Not if he is still injured. Of course you wouldn't risk a player who was still carrying an injury. But if it is only a case of him not being match fit the only way he can get fully match fit is by playing

i know what you`re saying mate and i agree with you.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:04 pm

if the doctors say he's medically fine to play, then i'd have him on the bench and give him the last 20 mins of a couple of games....and then play him for the whole of the Champions League final  :;):
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby morientes_gerrard » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:24 pm

Just out of curiosity, if he is your favourite player, why does your user name have Gerrard and Morientes in it but not Cisse?

bloody hell who cares, answer the question
morientes_gerrard

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:56 pm

Interesting question .

I wouldn't rush a player back that had suffered Cisses injury .
Whats the the point of a half fit striker who, lets's face it until his injury was still trying to validate his £14 mill price tag ?

Give the guy a break (no pun intented  :D  )  Let the the fella get FULLY recovered , don't chuck him in at the deep end and expect him to be our saviour.

:cool:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:09 pm

morientes_gerrard wrote:

bloody hell who cares, answer the question

:D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:32 pm

Once he's fully fit, play him then, not before.

Rafa will know when the time is right. :)
jonnymac1979

Postby L-type » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:21 pm

Even if he's declared fit, I wouldn't rush him back into the game.  If we are still trailing Everton I'd say bring the man back, but if unfortunately we have very slim hopes of reaching the Champions league i wouldn't risk him
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spud » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:26 pm

No
spud

Postby Nando » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:41 pm

i think we should def give him some time against villa on the last home game of the season as that would lift the spirits of the fans and cisse himself cos even if he is on the pitch for 5 mins i can see the fans really cheering and supporting him and thus would give cisse a lot of satisfaction givin him more reason to enjoy pre season  and be raring to go in the next campaign, dont u remember keown last season who used to come on up front for the last few games for like 2 mins at a time so he could accumulated his appearances to 10 in order to receive a medal? keown enjoyed it and so did the fans, dont see why we cant do this with cisse as imagine how devastated has must have been after his long awaited more to us to have broken his leg early as october i for one would be glad to see him against villa
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:53 pm

I think Rafa has gone on record saying the decision to bring him back wil be primarily a medical one with the Dr's giving him the OK.

Whatever LFC decide there is no doubt that Cisse deserves praise for all the hard work and deternmination he has showed to recover so quickly.

I don't think the importance of the game in question (for example the last few games of the Prem and needing to win) should dictate whether you "risk" a £14 milion pound investment even if his inclusion could make the difference between qualifying for the CL and all the financial benefits that would ineviatbly bring.

Put it another way , would you like it to be YOU whose health is being put on the line ?
???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion