Cisse 70% fit! would you risk him?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:29 pm

andy_g wrote:
wet echo wrote:
andy_g wrote:is it such a morale booster that one of our substitutes hasn't played a game for 5 months and is only 70% fit after a smashed leg?

yes it is ...

its good to see that cisse is making a quick recovery - no doubt about that. but in all honesty i don't see how he could help us in this match. if we need to bring him on with 20 or however many minutes to go its because we need to score a goal - but this would also mean that juventus need to defend a lead. despite the fact that we put 2 past them at anfield they still have an amazing defence, and i don't see how a rusty semi-fit striker is going to get the better of that defence when it has a mind to defend a lead.

so, for me, its certainly not a morale booster.

Andy, when a new lad comes into the club, and then gets injured, its a big blow for the rest of the boys.

When he is told its touch and go if he plays again, it hurts the lads as well.

When he comes back ahead of schedule, at a time when the team really needs him, then it is a real lift to the rest of the lads without a doubt.

All this backs against the walls, under dogs, top player out only bodes well for us. It will bring the team together and make them work for each other.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:38 pm

coxy wrote:Cisse's attitude has been superb to get to this point. If only Kewell showed the same commitment!! Its certainanly a boost for the team to have a striker of his quality and commitment wanting to get on the pitch fully fit or not. At least it offers another option.

That's a great point.

It's amazing when you consider we have a complete pussy on our books called Harry Kewell.

"Oh I felt a twinge, I can't play for 6 weeks... Oh and my ankle is a bit sore as well, that's another 2 months out... I think I'll go for a manicure" :angry:

How bloody true. cisse has shown that he's not here to pick up his pay check at the end of the month, and that he's here because he is truly proud to pull on the red shirt of liverpool. good on the kid, and i personally hope that he comes on and scores a goal. don't expect it, but it really would be good for the fella.  :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby antz » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:42 pm

I dont think Rafa has any plans to cisse, I think as Leon says he has added him to boost the morale of the players after the setback of not having the skipper fit. It would be great though if we needed a goal and cisse did come and score to take us through. It would be a perfect reward for his hardwork and determination.
antz

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:54 pm

lets hope he gets a 5 min run at the end when we are winning  :;):
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby est1900 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:28 pm

morientes_gerrard wrote:Djibril Cisse has been included in the squad for the trip to Juventus. Apparently he is only 70% fit. Last 20 minutes maybe but would it be worthwhile?

I would risk him from the first minut in Turin.
Cisse will make feel worried all the defence of Juve including Buffon.

I would risk him from the first minute in Turin.
Cisse will make feel worried all the defence of Juve including Buffon.  :)   :laugh:   *** WALK ON ***
est1900

Postby kopite » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:37 pm

cant wait to see him back in action hopefully wont need him though cause we want the game rapped up  :D
kopite

Postby L-type » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:31 pm

stmichael wrote:
coxy wrote:Cisse's attitude has been superb to get to this point. If only Kewell showed the same commitment!! Its certainanly a boost for the team to have a striker of his quality and commitment wanting to get on the pitch fully fit or not. At least it offers another option.

That's a great point.

It's amazing when you consider we have a complete pussy on our books called Harry Kewell.

"Oh I felt a twinge, I can't play for 6 weeks... Oh and my ankle is a bit sore as well, that's another 2 months out... I think I'll go for a manicure" :angry:

How bloody true. cisse has shown that he's not here to pick up his pay check at the end of the month, and that he's here because he is truly proud to pull on the red shirt of liverpool. good on the kid, and i personally hope that he comes on and scores a goal. don't expect it, but it really would be good for the fella.  :)

Right now i'd be happy if anyone from lfc came out and scored
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:41 pm

L-type wrote:
stmichael wrote:

That's a great point.

Wait and see..... Biscan will score in the last minute, from a Traore cross, and we'll go through on the away goal rule
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:53 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:
L-type wrote:
stmichael wrote:

That's a great point.

Wait and see..... Biscan will score in the last minute, from a Traore cross, and we'll go through on the away goal rule

if that is so, than the scoreline would surely be 3:2 to juventus or any 1 goal margin to juventus higher than that? that would mean that it would be a highly entertaining game as well.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:56 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:
hawkmoon269 wrote:
L-type wrote:
stmichael wrote:

That's a great point.

if that is so, than the scoreline would surely be 3:2 to juventus or any 1 goal margin to juventus higher than that? that would mean that it would be a highly entertaining game as well.

And a very nervous one for us....last minute goal.....no thanks!!!  I want Biscan to score in the 1st minute!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bedlovedays » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:53 pm

play him if the lad says he is ready to go,, play him,,,,who knows better than him if he's ready to go or not,,, i'm sure he's not forgotten how to kick the ball in the net,,, ala baros :p

would love to see Le Tallec down  the left wing with riise coming in behind,,,, would balance the attack,,,,, 

cisse and baros up front,,ya go for it,,,,,,,,,,
bedlovedays

Postby KARMANI » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:01 pm

I couldnt believe my eyes when i saw on Sky Sports that he was in the squad, i mean i was expecting him back for the last 2 or 3 games so to see him back now is a great suprise

Hopefully tho we wont need to bring him on because then it will mean we are on our way through
KARMANI

Postby JC_81 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:39 pm

Great to have cisse back, but doubt he will actually play.  Probably Rafa is just trying to give juve something else to think about with cisse on the bench and also to lift the fans a bit after gerrard was ruled out.

Doubt cisse or alonso will play much part
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:16 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
andy_g wrote:
wet echo wrote:
andy_g wrote:is it such a morale booster that one of our substitutes hasn't played a game for 5 months and is only 70% fit after a smashed leg?

yes it is ...

its good to see that cisse is making a quick recovery - no doubt about that. but in all honesty i don't see how he could help us in this match. if we need to bring him on with 20 or however many minutes to go its because we need to score a goal - but this would also mean that juventus need to defend a lead. despite the fact that we put 2 past them at anfield they still have an amazing defence, and i don't see how a rusty semi-fit striker is going to get the better of that defence when it has a mind to defend a lead.

so, for me, its certainly not a morale booster.

Andy, when a new lad comes into the club, and then gets injured, its a big blow for the rest of the boys.

When he is told its touch and go if he plays again, it hurts the lads as well.

When he comes back ahead of schedule, at a time when the team really needs him, then it is a real lift to the rest of the lads without a doubt.

All this backs against the walls, under dogs, top player out only bodes well for us. It will bring the team together and make them work for each other.

.. Very true Leone.. and I'm so impressed with his attitude and commitment to get fit.. that's the "mentality" the Boss wants and we need in the squad...

.. I'm sure that he would not be included to contribute in some way if he is not fit enuff.. but this is such a huge game.. and some risks are worth taking .. So pleased to see he is in the sqaud..  :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:33 pm

stmichael wrote:

That's a great point.

Agreed Mike, Cisse is a professional and said he wanted to play in the famous Red shirt even if GH left which shows something, good luck to the lad and I don't think Rafa would risk him if he wasn't ready.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion