Cisse 70% fit! would you risk him?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Iceman69 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:10 pm

According to Rafa Cisse might get a game tommorow, probably only 10 mins, and so to Alfonso Alonso.

:D
Iceman69

Postby YoungAdam » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:18 pm

Looking forward to Cisse's supersub last minute winner :)
YoungAdam

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:59 am

70% fit = he can last 70% of the game!!!!lol!!!! Seriously, though, he is a class player, and fitness shouldn't make a difference for 10-15 minutes. It just gives us the option, and should he come on, he will inevitably need to be marked, ergo creating more space for Baros and Garcia. Baros will have 2-3 defenders on him, and the intro of Cisse will take at least 1 off him, and help the team in other ways even if he isn't a goal threat due to fitness. Besides, the pride of wearing the shirt should make him play well. I know I would! Up the 'pool!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:07 am

Yes i would risk it if we were one nil down we aint got to much to choose from
and i do like Rafa for this he seems to be a risky bugger and it could pay off
and everybody would be saying what a mater tactician he is.worse case scenario
is Cisse getting injured he would be taken  a gamle.
66-1112520797

Postby Dalglish » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:07 am

I think its a masterstroke on Benitez's part. How else do you lift the players off the floor after discovering Stevie Gerrard's not travelling. He may figure but his inclusion ahs already played some part in lifting the lads for this difficult away trip....

Lets hope Rafa doesn't have to resorrt to what are desperate measures playing Cisse and chasing the game late on . Rafa likes his team to start quickly and score early, do that and we should be OK :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:46 pm

Cisse seems to me the type of person that wants the limelight so why not give it to him tonight for as long as his fitness will allow it.  Juve wont have too much info on him and how to mark him etc as his own team mates arent that used to playing with him.

What the hell, start him and sub him in the second half when were defending frantically
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:03 pm

I think Cisse is probably in Rafa's Plan C or D. Don't think he will risk him though as we will get the goal needed to go through. Oh I think in games like tonight's, we miss Hamann more than some realised. He's especially effective in European games and breaking up plays in the middle of park.
Just another scenario...what if Cisse come in for the last 10 mins, score the goal that take the game to extra-time. Will we take the risks and play him for another 30mins?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:23 pm

I don't know how Rafa can have a Plan C or D when it seems that we are so thin on fit and adequately capable players to have more than Plan A and B to take on one of the remaining teams favoured to lift the CL this season.

If he is only 70% fit, he won't be able to last very long ro make much impression on the meanest defence in the CL this season. I am praying very hard as it seems like a very steep uphill task in Turin.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:36 pm

azriahmad wrote:I don't know how Rafa can have a Plan C or D when it seems that we are so thin on fit and adequately capable players to have more than Plan A and B to take on one of the remaining teams favoured to lift the CL this season.

If he is only 70% fit, he won't be able to last very long ro make much impression on the meanest defence in the CL this season. I am praying very hard as it seems like a very steep uphill task in Turin.

You worry too much, friend. No other team would have got this far with the problems we've had. Yes it's an uphill task, but we've faced them all season. How would S**tsea fare without Cech, Cudicini, Gallas, Lampard(T**T), Robben, Duff, Makalele, Cole and all their strikers but their 3rd choice out for the season!?! They would've been battered long before now. Chin up, matey, and Up the 'pool!!!!!! :p

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion