Alonso overrated! - Take 20m and send him off to madrid

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby welsh wizzard » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:47 pm

[quote] Lion HEART.

TRUTH HURTS.:D :D
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:58 pm

Alfonso Alonso 2006 wrote:Bought from Real Sociedad who arent even in Serie A in Italy.

Tell me you are fucking kidding.
jonnymac1979

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:00 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
Alfonso Alonso 2006 wrote:Bought from Real Sociedad who arent even in Serie A in Italy.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :D  :D
82-1074641017

Postby weringo » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:12 pm

If it is true and we are actually on a really low budget atm in terms of transfers, 20mil+ for Alonso wouldn't be the worst thing in the world
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby madred » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:39 pm

Do you some of you believe that we are now in the business of selling our best players to make funds available??? Why is Alonso being singled out now just because he's not at his best? The lad has been an incredible signing and is only as good as the job he is told to do by the boss. With adjustments in the summer he will get the partner in the middle he deserves in Gerrard. LAY OFF.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:44 pm

Alonso is class. Garcia on the other hand should only play as a substitute. ok he scored today but that doesn't make me forget the many times during the match i wanted to punch the screen cos of him.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:46 pm

kunilson wrote:Alonso is class. Garcia on the other hand should only play as a substitute. ok he scored today but that doesn't make me forget the many times during the match i wanted to punch the screen cos of him.

remember Kunilson Garcia just came back from an injury, he needs to rebuild his form! everyone knows how he is when he is at his best form! he is lethal!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:49 pm

Alfonso Alonso 2006 wrote:nothing wrong with a little criticism.

:laugh:

if you watch Alonso for 90 mins when he plays, watch how many passes he actually produces to create goal scoring opportunities. I'll tell you, not many!

Ok , he spreads the ball left and right, short passes, long passes. but they are normally from one side to the other, and not going forward.

pass left, pass right, pass back. repeat. pass left pass right, pass back. and cue for 80 mins. He rarely creates much in terms of attacking play.

he's alright, but has weaknesses. Bought from Real Sociedad who arent even in Serie A in Italy.

HE IS A MANC, BAN HIM.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:49 pm

weringo wrote:If it is true and we are actually on a really low budget atm in terms of transfers, 20mil+ for Alonso wouldn't be the worst thing in the world

HE IS A MANC, BAN HIM.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:50 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:Hey what is it with Alonso, he is a good player and can thread a pass. What else does he have in his locker??? I think he is an over rated player, he is not world class by a long shot.  He doesn't score enough goals and loses possesion far to often.

If its true Madrid are interested i would sell him for 20m anyday, Now 20m for an ok player that is good buisness if you ask me. I would play Sissoko in the middle with Gerrard he has a better work rate and disrupts the opposition quickly, we have missed sissoko since he has been out big time.

So come the end of the season and we don't have much money to spend, i would cash in on Alonso it would be great buisness, then the money we get for other players i/e Cisse, Morro can go towards bringing in two quality strikers, get a quality right winger, and maybe get either Barton or Nolan. Say if we brought in Defoe and Villa, or Torres and Villa, or even Kuite and Owen, with Joaquin to play on the right but had to use the good money we got for Alonso. The team would benefit, But come the end of the season and we only had a small budget then we will struggle again to stay with Chelsea.

So look at the big picture!! Is Alonso as good as people think he is. 20m for an Ok player and when playing in the middle with Stevie disrupts the team, He can pass but thats about it, stevie can tackle score and pass.

I will get attacked now but its my opinion. Alonso is not "WORLD CLASS" but just an ok player.     :no  :no

HE IS JUST STUPID, LET HIM BE.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:01 am

Bought from Real Sociedad who arent even in Serie A in Italy.

While Atlético Madrid, Valencia, Deportivo La Coruña, and Villareal, has known and played the second division of Spain in the last 40 years, Real Sociedad has always been a primera team all this years.

Just pick what Hustler says, think about the opposite, and you get a good suggestion for LFC. Alonso is a superb player, that as all players, have not so good days. I'm starting to think about not answering this stupid threads at all. Not surprising, even in the 10 games winning streak they had something to moan about.

Pah.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1140560321 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:19 am

RichardLFC1 wrote:
Alfonso Alonso 2006 wrote:nothing wrong with a little criticism.

:laugh:

if you watch Alonso for 90 mins when he plays, watch how many passes he actually produces to create goal scoring opportunities. I'll tell you, not many!

Ok , he spreads the ball left and right, short passes, long passes. but they are normally from one side to the other, and not going forward.

pass left, pass right, pass back. repeat. pass left pass right, pass back. and cue for 80 mins. He rarely creates much in terms of attacking play.

he's alright, but has weaknesses. Bought from Real Sociedad who arent even in Serie A in Italy.

haha was u joking real socidad are a spanish club ???

Sorry I meant La liga.

Made a mistake there! did you spot it? just like the one Stevie made today. but not as serious.

Get yer head up when you pass back lad in future!

JBG ok im a mong, but whats your argument to my valid point?

Its contructive Critism thats all.

Also, how many of you posters in here, had even heard of Alonso before he signed for LFC?

I had not.
65-1140560321

Postby 65-1140560321 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:21 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:

that was a typing error!   :p

f*ck i look like a tw*t now.

(not for the first time) you are all saying!

you see im one step ahead of you all.
65-1140560321

Postby Poolinc. » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:27 am

Well Wizard, the response to your post reminds me a bit of "the emperor's new clothing" I certainly won't indulge in the abuse your post has received! I personally think you've raised some very valuable points, albeit unpopular. In fact I agree with ya. give me Stevie and Sissoko in the middle, a flyer on the right (not Cisse) and yes, I would take the £20m for Alonso! It's a lot of money and combined with the few mill we'd get for Nando, Cisse, Traore etc, would go a long way to getting the quality we need up front. Oh and those that worship Alonso, remember, this is a discussion forum, not an Abuse Room! If ya disagree with the man, do so by counter-argument, not with abuse and insult! Liverpool fans are world respected for being knowledgeable, not for being immature prix!
Poolinc.

Postby kunilson » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:31 am

metalhead wrote:
kunilson wrote:Alonso is class. Garcia on the other hand should only play as a substitute. ok he scored today but that doesn't make me forget the many times during the match i wanted to punch the screen cos of him.

remember Kunilson Garcia just came back from an injury, he needs to rebuild his form! everyone knows how he is when he is at his best form! he is lethal!

ive seen him at his best and worst, he still aggrivates me, but then makes up for it by scoring lol. But he doesn't score all that often, and the amount of times he gives away possesion......messes up a good attack, showboats when he doesn't need to and wastes perfectly good chances of scoring....well, he's lucky his goals have come at crucial times, if they had come in un-important matches i think people's views on him would be different.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion