Alonso off? - To madrid

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gary106 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:11 pm

cheers mate i just thought id share something that i believe to be from a good source thats all
gary106

Postby Paul C » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:37 pm

gary106 wrote:my boss in work is mates with rob McCaffery (i think his name is) off sky sports news. and apparently Ian Rush has mentioned this  to him

the fact that Alonso will be leaving in the summer and off to madrid? anyone shed any light on this subject> really wouldnt like him to leave at all to be honest, one of the best young centre mids in the country.

and before anyone bites my head off i did a search and couldnt find anyting similar, and couldnt find the rumour thread either to put it in........

Alonso is one of the best playing in our squad and unless someone wants to leave (Owen and McManascum) Liverpool won't be selling our best players, plus I think Xabi is a down to earth guy (not interested in the galactico status) and is happy at Anfield.  He won't win anymore at Real than he will at Anfield, were going forward and Real are on a slide!

Think your mates wrong their fella  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:28 pm

SPANISH giants Real Madrid are lining up a £16.5 million summer swoop for Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso, writes Gary Flockhart.

The Spaniard was close to moving to the Bernabeu before Euro 2004 when Real offered his former club Real Sociedad £8m plus a player. However, the Basque side wanted £13m with no part-exchange and Alonso opted instead to join countryman Rafael Benitez at Anfield.

But while new Real president Fernando Martin has identified the Basque midfielder as a player high on his list of summer targets, a lot could depend on the future of Benitez at Anfield.

Like Alonso, Benitez has been strongly linked with a move to Madrid, where he is a former Real youth coach.

This article: http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=370582006
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby martinb9 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:10 pm

Some members on this forum - mostly the "elite" members who do frequently post interesting / insightful posts - seem to be increasingly unable to resist flexing their super elite credentials by slamming anything that a younger / newer / more naive fan or supporter might dare to post.

When there aren't any recent "newbie" posts to slate they sometimes even start new threads bemoaning the fact that not all Liverpool fans are as long standing or devoted as they are; or even the idea that some people might have the audacity to see a great sporting event like Liverpools triumph in Istanbul and then want to show an interest and give support to Liverpool football club!

Maybe these super fans are right. Only the long standing devoted followers like themselves should be able to be considered as LFC fans (forgetting that they themselves probably became a supporter after watching a fantastic display of class football by Liverpool back in the 80s or 90s). That way when they are die the club can die with them.

Actually why don't the elistist elite just leave the general chat forum and post only in their elitist elite section. That way all new fans / new posters / less smart people can be stupid in the general section together without irritating the god like elitists.

Feel free to attack me for this impertinence - I have been a supporter for 15 years but am still a humble, ignorant newbie.
martinb9

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:14 pm

martinb9 wrote:Some members on this forum - mostly the "elite" members who do frequently post interesting / insightful posts - seem to be increasingly unable to resist flexing their super elite credentials by slamming anything that a younger / newer / more naive fan or supporter might dare to post.

When there aren't any recent "newbie" posts to slate they sometimes even start new threads bemoaning the fact that not all Liverpool fans are as long standing or devoted as they are; or even the idea that some people might have the audacity to see a great sporting event like Liverpools triumph in Istanbul and then want to show an interest and give support to Liverpool football club!

Maybe these super fans are right. Only the long standing devoted followers like themselves should be able to be considered as LFC fans (forgetting that they themselves probably became a supporter after watching a fantastic display of class football by Liverpool back in the 80s or 90s). That way when they are die the club can die with them.

Actually why don't the elistist elite just leave the general chat forum and post only in their elitist elite section. That way all new fans / new posters / less smart people can be stupid in the general section together without irritating the god like elitists.

Feel free to attack me for this impertinence - I have been a supporter for 15 years but am still a humble, ignorant newbie.

thats a genius post mate.
on one hand some of the people been ehre longer to get a bit clicky and annoying but also some of the 'newbies' do post the supidest things ever before rading the rules. i myself try to remain impartial and say if somethings good or bad and the more real fans we have the better.

the other annoyign thing has been the influx of new 'fan' sincewe started playing better. a lot come out of the woodwork when that happens (im not saying u by far)

so agood post mate
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:15 pm

I'll tell you something Alonso going to Madrid for 25m i would do it. Especially if Rafa stays and we don't get much money to spend. Alonso is a quality player, but getting back 25m on a player is not a bad deal, prefer to lose Alonso than Stevie, and we have Sissoko there to slot right in. Cheaper alternates, Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton. Then we could put the money from say Alonso,Cisse,Morro,Kirkland,Dudek,Traore,Mellor,Tallec,and others coming in say 50m, to go with another 15m say.Total to spend 65m.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

What you could do with 65m!!!!!!!!!!

Villa 18m
kuite 12m
Defoe  10m
Owen 12m
Torres  19m
Ronaldo 5m
Ballack Free
Barton  5m
Nolan    6m
Joaquin  15m
Alves 10m
Simao  14m
swp    15m

Its quite interesting this way when you think we could!! get Torres and Villa and Joaquin and Nolan for combined around 60m mark. Mouth watering!!!!!!!!!! mIssing Alonso now, Thats if we are struggling for funds, would be nice to get these as well as keep Alonso but we need some investment first...
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby martinb9 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:18 pm

Thanks Dawson

This forum is interesting mostly because of the stuff posted by premium and elitist members. I just think some have forgot that once apon a time - in the early days of dial up aol internet - they must have made their first (and possibly fairly dumb!) first post...
martinb9

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:19 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:I'll tell you something Alonso going to Madrid for 25m i would do it. Especially if Rafa stays and we don't get much money to spend. Alonso is a quality player, but getting back 25m on a player is not a bad deal, prefer to lose Alonso than Stevie, and we have Sissoko there to slot right in. Cheaper alternates, Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton. Then we could put the money from say Alonso,Cisse,Morro,Kirkland,Dudek,Traore,Mellor,Tallec,and others coming in say 50m, to go with another 15m say.Total to spend 65m.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

What you could do with 65m!!!!!!!!!!

Villa 18m
kuite 12m
Defoe  10m
Owen 12m
Torres  19m
Ronaldo 5m
Ballack Free
Barton  5m
Nolan    6m
Joaquin  15m
Alves 10m
Simao  14m
swp    15m

Its quite interesting this way when you think we could!! get Torres and Villa and Joaquin and Nolan for combined around 60m mark. Mouth watering!!!!!!!!!! mIssing Alonso now, Thats if we are struggling for funds, would be nice to get these as well as keep Alonso but we need some investment first...

You live in a dream world.
115-1073096938

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:20 pm

id persoanlly rather keep alonso. welsh wizard u are a bizarre lad in a championship manager dream world. :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:22 pm

spot on that martin9, they should all go and get cosy in their own clicky forum, it pissesss me off when people just attack posts... They lead sad lives don't they if thats all they do is wait for a post, or topic then pounce with a raging errection and attack it or the person because we have an oppinion, We all have different """"OPINIONS"""""""""&quo
t;   :bowdown
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:24 pm

We all know that Real are now about to embark on a major team and maagerial team building programme, and of course our Boss and players like Alonso will be linked with them, Gerrrad perhaps too.. so we should expect this however..  it would take a major change of heart for both the individuals mentioned to leave in the summer. There is a sense of happiness and belonging felt by all at at our great club, and for now that and the forward strides the club has taken post CL win should suffice for now.. but you never know in football.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby martinb9 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:24 pm

Mr welsh wizard - exactly right. If Alonso is sound for enough then its not so bad but the risk is that it disrupts the team - the good performance this session is based on great defence and midfield. If will sell Alonso and dont make the right purchases (or do but they just dont gell) then its good night vienna. The worst scenario would be if Rafa was to leave propmting Alonso leaving. Better give Rafa some of the extra CL cash, sell Cisse and Nando, and keep Rafa and Alonso both happy and at Anfield. Afterall they both should be getting used to the Merseyside climate by now.
martinb9

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:24 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:spot on that martin9, they should all go and get cosy in their own clicky forum, it pissesss me off when people just attack posts... They lead sad lives don't they if thats all they do is wait for a post, or topic then pounce with a raging errection and attack it or the person because we have an oppinion, We all have different """"OPINIONS"""""""""&
;quo
t;   :bowdown

You talk :censored:, everyone knows it and know one can be arsed with you because of it.

"FACT: OWEN, METZELDER AND JOAQUIN TO SIGN BY THE END OF NEXT WEEK".

At no point did you state that was you're "opinion".

You're a :censored:, now go back to shagging sheep.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:26 pm

martinb9 wrote:Afterall they both should be getting used to the Merseyside climate by now.

You avin a laugh? Its fuckin snowin half way through March. :D
115-1073096938

Postby martinb9 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:27 pm

just read my last post - definately think I should be slated for my spelling...
sorry I was watching the TV and typing (i will quit multi tasking  immediately)
martinb9

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion