All new official Klopp thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Fri May 10, 2019 4:58 pm

Would love him to sign another extension that will keep him here for many more years. There is talk about him signing till 2024 so with any luck he does.

f*cking love him  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri May 10, 2019 7:48 pm

Yup same here i hope he stays for a very long time. Klopp will gwt is success and trophies i guarantee it!!!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Fri May 10, 2019 11:32 pm

devaney » Wed May 08, 2019 9:24 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Wed May 08, 2019 7:33 pm wrote:
devaney » Wed May 08, 2019 6:46 pm wrote: that has been achieved without spending anything like what City and United have spent.

Erm.... We've spent over £300 million!!?
Alisson 65m
VVD. £75m
Fabinho 39m
Keita £48m
Ox. 35m
Shaqiri. 12.5m
Robertson 7m
Salah. 37m
Mane 30m
Matip free.
Wjnaldum 25m

That's £373.5 million

That's not chicken feed... We're entitled to see results after that sort of outlay.

I just hope you’re not an accountant !!

I think you're trying to be the accountant? .."NET Spend" !!??

Thats LFC's Chief Executive's job mate, not our manager.

Forget net spend or the players that have left the club, concentrate on the amount of cash Jurgen has SPENT as LFC manager. it's close to 400 million. (see my list, scroll back).

Jurgen takes full responsibility for this outlay, and thus bringing us success and trophies.

Please forget the NET spend bolllox, it's meaningless. :veryangry
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby eds » Sat May 11, 2019 12:47 am

Are you seriously saying that NET spend isn’t important?

Hahaha.

OK just stop, bahahahaha.

Funniest thing I have read on a forum for a while.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby redshade » Sat May 11, 2019 1:05 am

Since Klopp has been here..

Bought - £382.8 mil

Sold - £ 289 mil

NET- £93 mil

Red rum you have to remember when he sells players in key positions he also has to replace them.

£93 Mil net spend is good business from Klopp!!!!!

https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/ ... nings.html

Our neighbours Everton last 3 seasons-:

Bought- 324 m
Sold- 186 m

NET- 138M

MAN UTD last 3 seasons-:

Bought- 345 m
Sold- £76m
Net- £269m

And look where both of them are......
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Sat May 11, 2019 1:39 am

Lol lol. Your all a bunch of accountants!! Trying to balance the books!?

Get a reality check.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Sat May 11, 2019 3:45 am

RR, you're barking up the wrong tree. OF COURSE net spend is important. Real Madrid, Man Utd, Barca are now in difficulties because they spent massive amounts of money without offsetting sufficiently through selling players + prize money + other commercial income. Hence shelling out large sums for players becomes unsustainable. Ask Man U, 6th place is a disaster for them, their cycle at the top is finished, they can't spend their way out of it any more... they have to take their medicine.

Liverpool have built a top squad very economically selling players to offset the cost + increasing prize money + increasing commercial sponsorship income. A double boost. Man Utd last spent, not recovered, reduced their prize money and inevitably will lower their sponsorship income as well.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat May 11, 2019 9:14 am

Net spend IS important. You gotta see the context without blindly saying net spend. There are different situations of net spend. In our case, we are doing smart business! Klopp wouldnt have spent that much if we didnt sell Couts for 140 million, Suarez for 80 million, Sterling for 50 million, etc. He won't be allowed to spend that much because we are not a mega rich club! Remember Saurez was our best player when we sold him (he left). Couts was arguably our best player when we sold him (he left). Klopp managed to make the team better despite this. If we didnt advance far enough in the CL, we wouldnt be able to buy Alisson and VVD either.

Red Rum you are speaking as if Klopp spent on players out of nowhere! He spent because he had to and also because he was successful and put this club back on the map! Going toe to toe with one of the richest  clubs in the world with probably the best squad in the world is no mean feat.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat May 11, 2019 5:13 pm

Red Rum » Sat May 11, 2019 12:39 am wrote:Lol lol. Your all a bunch of accountants!! Trying to balance the books!?

Get a reality check.

You truly are a special brand of dumbarsery who don't live in reality of what's actually going on in real world
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat May 11, 2019 5:41 pm

Red Rum - the last I heard somebody say forget the NET spend it’s bollux and meaningless
came from a Bitter and a City supporter - it makes me wonder who you really do support given some of the absolute ***** you come out with. If you don’t think that Klopp has an involvement in who we buy and who we sell and how much we spend in NET terms then frankly I feel very sorry for you.

You are either as dim as a miners lamp or just a WUM. My opinion is that you are both.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Sat May 11, 2019 6:46 pm

I just disagree that the managers responsibility is the net spend. Its more the boards concern to balance the books so that we don't bankrupt ourselves. Income versus expenditure etc.

You need to understand how a business works folks, and who controls the purse strings. Klopp will be made aware of his budget to spend on players by the CEO and board etc. Simple as that. I doubt Klopp says to himself "I know, if I sell Coutinho, I can then buy VVD, Alisson and Keita" etc. It don't work like that. We don't know how that Coutinho cash was distributed at the club, it may have instead gone towards the cost of the £100m new main stand. Plus you can buy players in installments over a few years, instead of cash up front also, we don't know the fine details of our signings.

All I know is the club turned over 455million in 2018, with a world record 106m profit, some of which would have been made available for the manager to spend on players

As far as I'm concerned, Klopp has spent in signings since 2015, close to £400m and my original point was that for that kind of outlay and rebuilding, we should be seeing silverware for it.

I didn't mean Net spend is meaningless, more that it's more the CEO or boards concern.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Sun May 12, 2019 1:44 pm

Red Rum the last sentence would have sufficed without the rest of the drivel. When I need to be told by you how a business operates I’ll head for the Whisky bottle  :help
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sun May 12, 2019 4:03 pm

Red Rum » Sat May 11, 2019 5:46 pm wrote:I just disagree that the managers responsibility is the net spend. Its more the boards concern to balance the books so that we don't bankrupt ourselves. Income versus expenditure etc.

You need to understand how a business works folks, and who controls the purse strings. Klopp will be made aware of his budget to spend on players by the CEO and board etc. Simple as that. I doubt Klopp says to himself "I know, if I sell Coutinho, I can then buy VVD, Alisson and Keita" etc. It don't work like that. We don't know how that Coutinho cash was distributed at the club, it may have instead gone towards the cost of the £100m new main stand. Plus you can buy players in installments over a few years, instead of cash up front also, we don't know the fine details of our signings.

All I know is the club turned over 455million in 2018, with a world record 106m profit, some of which would have been made available for the manager to spend on players

As far as I'm concerned, Klopp has spent in signings since 2015, close to £400m and my original point was that for that kind of outlay and rebuilding, we should be seeing silverware for it.

I didn't mean Net spend is meaningless, more that it's more the CEO or boards concern.

What is so hard to understand. Without the sales of Coutinho, Suarez etc there is no VVD, Alisson etc. The club wouldn't be able to get those players without selling big players, which City and others doesn't have to worry about.
That difference is EVERYTHING. How thick can you be...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Sun May 12, 2019 4:15 pm

Penguins I was just making a valid point, no need for insults to other forum members etc
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Penguins » Sun May 12, 2019 4:22 pm

But the whole demand for titles is just illogical when 5 other clubs have spent more since Klopp came. There are only so many titles to go around and there is no god given right
the LFC must win them more than others.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion