All new official Klopp thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red Rum » Wed May 08, 2019 1:14 pm

Franky000 » Wed May 08, 2019 1:16 am wrote:
Red Rum » Tue May 07, 2019 11:03 pm wrote:Especially if we miss out on the league title. I'd rather have a European Cup to my name anyhow. This is the holy grail, as once described by Ruud Guillut.

Really? Believe me I’d love to win ol’ big ears, but the prem would top that easily...I have a sneaky feeling though we’ll bag both  :;):

Come on Brighton!
:buttrock
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby supersub » Wed May 08, 2019 2:08 pm

:buttrock
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 08, 2019 12:09 pm wrote:A League Cup Final, Europa League Final and 2 CL Finals in 3 and a half years? Plus 90 odd points in the League? Even if he doesn't win a trophy FSG need to get their @rses into gear and tie him down for life, we are not going to get a better manager than him, we're just not.
Trophy or not what he has achieved in this petro dollar era is just phenomenal, Bill Shankly famously said I was made for Liverpool and Liverpool was made for me, in other words club and manager were a perfect fit, I think the same can be said of Jurgen and this club, he is a footballing romantic in a sport full of spivs and cold eyed cynics and let's face it this club runs on emotion on mythology. Jurgen is made for this club and we are made for him.
If he goes through some bad times so what? Shankly went through some bad times but the club stood by him and were rewarded, I bet Dortmund wish they would have stood by him. Let's not make the same mistake they did.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Wed May 08, 2019 2:16 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 08, 2019 1:09 pm wrote:A League Cup Final, Europa League Final and 2 CL Finals in 3 and a half years? Plus 90 odd points in the League? Even if he doesn't win a trophy FSG need to get their @rses into gear and tie him down for life, we are not going to get a better manager than him, we're just not.
Trophy or not what he has achieved in this petro dollar era is just phenomenal, Bill Shankly famously said I was made for Liverpool and Liverpool was made for me, in other words club and manager were a perfect fit, I think the same can be said of Jurgen and this club, he is a footballing romantic in a sport full of spivs and cold eyed cynics and let's face it this club runs on emotion on mythology. Jurgen is made for this club and we are made for him.
If he goes through some bad times so what? Shankly went through some bad times but the club stood by him and were rewarded, I bet Dortmund wish they would have stood by him. Let's not make the same mistake they did.

Agree with all of that Yakka  :nod

BUT don't understand

I bet Dortmund wish they would have stood by him.

I thought they loved him and were distraught when he left ? ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Wed May 08, 2019 2:32 pm

Yakka's gone all sentimental......
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed May 08, 2019 7:46 pm

Truly phenomenal job by Kloppo and let’s not forget the owners who have played no small part in getting this club back on track. Not that long ago we were desperate to try and get top CL qualification. Now we have reached two finals in a row and have become serious title challengers and that has been achieved without spending anything like what City and United have spent.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Wed May 08, 2019 8:33 pm

devaney » Wed May 08, 2019 6:46 pm wrote: that has been achieved without spending anything like what City and United have spent.

Erm.... We've spent over £300 million!!?
Alisson 65m
VVD. £75m
Fabinho 39m
Keita £48m
Ox. 35m
Shaqiri. 12.5m
Robertson 7m
Salah. 37m
Mane 30m
Matip free.
Wjnaldum 25m

That's £373.5 million

That's not chicken feed... We're entitled to see results after that sort of outlay.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed May 08, 2019 8:49 pm

We've come close to winning the last 2 years and Klopp knew he had to spend money to win things. We've spent 350m or close to that.. But this year is the first full year for the bulk of that money and its got us to the verge of the Premier League and to a UCL final.

Alisson 65m
VVD 75m
Keita 48m
Fabinho 30m
Ox 35m
Shaq 12.5m

Its all of the aboves first full season with us with Ox and VVD signing in Jan.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed May 08, 2019 9:00 pm

Coutinho's sale paid for most of that. We've spent way less than our rivals.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Wed May 08, 2019 10:19 pm

people have a problem with connecting the dots when you get 300 million from Coutinho, Suarez and Sterling and pretend it doesn't matter....

And no, City haven't sold for ANYTHING close to that.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed May 08, 2019 10:24 pm

Red Rum » Wed May 08, 2019 7:33 pm wrote:
devaney » Wed May 08, 2019 6:46 pm wrote: that has been achieved without spending anything like what City and United have spent.

Erm.... We've spent over £300 million!!?
Alisson 65m
VVD. £75m
Fabinho 39m
Keita £48m
Ox. 35m
Shaqiri. 12.5m
Robertson 7m
Salah. 37m
Mane 30m
Matip free.
Wjnaldum 25m

That's £373.5 million

That's not chicken feed... We're entitled to see results after that sort of outlay.

What the fk are you struggling with. Over the last three years City have spent £373m net and we have spent £94m net.

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/liverp ... -transfers

I just hope you’re not an accountant !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 08, 2019 10:56 pm

It's not just about net spend either, we have had to sell our best players and try to pick up the pieces whilst City have been constantly rebuilding from a position of strength.
Suarez, Sterling, Coutinho - every one of those leaving was a proper kick in the nuts, City haven't had to deal with anything like that, they've never had to take steps backwards in order to go forwards.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 08, 2019 11:03 pm

woof woof ! » Wed May 08, 2019 1:16 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 08, 2019 1:09 pm wrote:A League Cup Final, Europa League Final and 2 CL Finals in 3 and a half years? Plus 90 odd points in the League? Even if he doesn't win a trophy FSG need to get their @rses into gear and tie him down for life, we are not going to get a better manager than him, we're just not.

BUT don't understand

Yeah but his last season there was a poor one, they were in the relegation zone for months I seem to remember. They loved him but thought he'd taken Dortmund as far as he could. As we saw with Shanks though every team you put together has a shelf life and sometimes the rebuilding process doesn't run quite as smooth as you'd like, great managers get there in the end though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Thu May 09, 2019 1:03 pm

Penguins » Wed May 08, 2019 9:19 pm wrote:people have a problem with connecting the dots when you get 300 million from Coutinho, Suarez and Sterling and pretend it doesn't matter....

And no, City haven't sold for ANYTHING close to that.

We lost some quality, we went out to strengthen the spine of the team with the proceeds. It's like reshuffling a deck of cards not adding new cards into the deck...or something to that effect. Not hard to understand really  :bump

With City they keep adding and adding till the deck is over 200 cards thick...and while they can barely fill half a stadium on most days yet have incredible financial resources to keep adding more marquee players. Pep have spent over £225M on his defence and it looks like he is not happy with most of them and will tear them out this Summer. Expect him to spend yet another >£200M to get his set of new defenders. City will now spend more on its defence than half the countries in the world. That's why they are being investigated for running foul of FFP ruling
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu May 09, 2019 5:33 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 08, 2019 10:03 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Wed May 08, 2019 1:16 pm wrote:

BUT don't understand

Yeah but his last season there was a poor one, they were in the relegation zone for months I seem to remember. They loved him but thought he'd taken Dortmund as far as he could. As we saw with Shanks though every team you put together has a shelf life and sometimes the rebuilding process doesn't run quite as smooth as you'd like, great managers get there in the end though.

They kept selling their best players
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 09, 2019 7:54 pm

To their main rivals as well, surprised he hung around so long when the club he was working for was undermining him like that. Okay if players want to leave there's not much you can do but at least sell them abroad, you don't sell your best players to your main rivals.
Then again look at us with Torres, Sterling etc, I guess sometimes contracts running down etc leave you in a bad position.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion