ALBERTO AQUILANI - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:01 am

LFC2007 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:27 pm wrote:The money spent, the lack of return, the lost opportunity and the way that it's dragged on over three years all make it one of the worst pieces of business we have ever done. With Robbie Keane and others you could take some relief from the fact that we got rid quickly and recouped a decent fee, but with Aquilani there is no redeeming feature whatsoever. He was a disastrous signing and I'm glad we're finally able to move on.

my sentiments exactly mate

Best of luck to Aquilani.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redalltheway36 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:20 am

metalhead » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:01 am wrote:
LFC2007 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:27 pm wrote:The money spent, the lack of return, the lost opportunity and the way that it's dragged on over three years all make it one of the worst pieces of business we have ever done. With Robbie Keane and others you could take some relief from the fact that we got rid quickly and recouped a decent fee, but with Aquilani there is no redeeming feature whatsoever. He was a disastrous signing and I'm glad we're finally able to move on.

its the club that have fecked it up mate. Every year we moan we havent a creative midfielder and every year alot say hes not suited. But whens he ever been given a chance fecking never. And now u watch after a month with joe allen will be saying hes out of his depth.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:28 am

Let's just hope that Carroll doesn't follow in the same footsteps...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redalltheway36 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:46 am

maguskwt » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:28 am wrote:Let's just hope that Carroll doesn't follow in the same footsteps...

See the game against gomel. Now ive always said uneed a plan B. Second half bring Carroll on would of made a difference. Not blaming borini thought his movement was good. But seeming that we had no playmaker in midfield we were terrible. what does henderson actually do.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:13 am

redalltheway36 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:20 am wrote:
metalhead » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:01 am wrote:

its the club that have fecked it up mate. Every year we moan we havent a creative midfielder and every year alot say hes not suited. ]But whens he ever been given a chance fecking never. And now u watch after a month with joe allen will be saying hes out of his depth.

that`s the dissappointing thing for me, if rodgers decides to move out aquilani and carroll at christmas or next summer after having a good look at them then i`d say fair enough, but they havent even had a chance to prove themselves! carroll has had 10 minutes or something.
on the other hand you`ve got players like cole, spearing, downing and carragher who seem like flavours of the month.
imo it should be the other way round, it`s the cole`s, downing`s etc that should be going and the likes of carroll and aquilani that should be staying.
i rather hoped that rodgers coming in meant that it was a clean slate, every player had a fair chance and every player had to prove himself to the manager (even the big names) but it`s obvious rodgers has arrived here with pre concieved idea`s.
i`m not a big fan of his gushing praise for carragher either, carragher is the exact opposite of a `rodgers type player` and he is a player at the tail end of his career but rodgers is falling over himself to praise him at any opportunity, carragher is a big influence in the dressing room and i worry that rodgers being young and inexperienced and arriving at a big club for the first time is just kowtowing to the senior players.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:47 am

Besides the politics, the fu'ck ups, the mistakes and the embarrassment this has brought, anyone who says Aquilani cant play is quite frankly a knob
He is better than Adam, Spearing, Henderson, Shelvey and Cole and would have been an asset to us as a creative midfielder.
Good luck to him
Thommo's perm

Postby Boxscarf » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:21 am

Thommo's perm » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:47 am wrote:Besides the politics, the fu'ck ups, the mistakes and the embarrassment this has brought, anyone who says Aquilani cant play is quite frankly a knob
He is better than Adam, Spearing, Henderson, Shelvey and Cole and would have been an asset to us as a creative midfielder.
Good luck to him

Amen to that, anybody who says Aquilani is a poor footballer is talking nonsense and clearly doesn't know what a good footballer is. Our midfield is definitely weakened with his departure. Adam, Henderson, Spearing and Shelvey will not offer the creativity in midfield that Aquilani produces. We need to bring in a creative midfielder because our strikers won't get enough service or the right service this season and that was one of our main problems last season added with the small fact that when golden opportunities presented themselves, we did not take those chances and it kept on costing us invaluable points all season long.
Boxscarf

Postby Simari » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:28 am

A number of you are confusing the issue.

Aquilani is a talented footballer. But talent alone is not enough. A footballer needs to have the determination and drive to perform to the levels his talent will allow.

The disappointment with Aquilani has been the latter, and not just with us. Even on loan on Milan, he had a good start but faded not because of injury - but because of a lack of drive and ambition.

At 18 he was the future of Italian football, At 28 - 10 years on, he doesn't have much time left on his side to realise his talent.

We need footballers with drive and talent who can take us back up into the challenging group of teams.

And once again, you won't find many disagreeing with the fact that the likes of Adam and Cole should also be shown the door.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby crim cram » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:50 am

It's hard to believe he was signed four managers ago under different owners, time flies.  I can't believe how much money he was on, no wonder we couldn't we couldn't off load him.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:08 pm

disapointed rodgers didnt want the lad but as long as he replaces him with a better player who can add the creativity we need then alls well.
id be very disapointed if he replaces him with allen who then proves to be no addition or indeed better than what we have in hendo and shelvey.
all the best aqualani.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redalltheway36 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:25 pm

Simari » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:28 am wrote:A number of you are confusing the issue.

Aquilani is a talented footballer. But talent alone is not enough. A footballer needs to have the determination and drive to perform to the levels his talent will allow.

The disappointment with Aquilani has been the latter, and not just with us. Even on loan on Milan, he had a good start but faded not because of injury - but because of a lack of drive and ambition.

At 18 he was the future of Italian football, At 28 - 10 years on, he doesn't have much time left on his side to realise his talent.

We need footballers with drive and talent who can take us back up into the challenging group of teams.

And once again, you won't find many disagreeing with the fact that the likes of Adam and Cole should also be shown the door.

You dont get it do you mate. People are only ***** off because we had 2 oppurtunities at the start of each season to say you know what give him a run in the side. If by january window no good then by all means send him out on loan. Now joe allen. same thing last season the Anti was saying id rather have henderson. We paid nearly as much for him and wages not far off and feck me the kid has done nothing at all. The thing that Aqua has that none of our midfielders has is hes always moving the ball forwards speeds up our tempo wereas our other midfielders are always going sidewards then backwards then hoof it up the pitch. Joe allen will get stuck in feed off scraps but he isnt creative we got lucas for that.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:35 pm

Simari » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:28 am wrote:A number of you are confusing the issue.

Good post.

Thank f.uck he's gone.

Rafa signed him, said he had injuries in his head, never played much, Hodgson didn't want him, Kenny never gave him a chance and now Rodgers too. The common denominator in all this is the Italian, if he was worth the f.ucking effort (and I bet Rafa tried), he'd have been here and played week in week out. The fact that 4 managers at this club, never mind all the other clubs he's been loaned out to haven't wanted him, tells me ALL I need to know.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby redalltheway36 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:46 pm

And where are the managers that got rid and brought in cole adam and henderson in his place now? Nobody would be moaning now if them managers brought in better players or even equal. the fact is they wasted huge ammounts of money bringing in totally useless players with not a ounce of Aquas quality there lies the problem mate.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:06 pm

redalltheway36 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:25 pm wrote:
Simari » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:28 am wrote:A number of you are confusing the issue.

Joe allen will get stuck in feed off scraps but he isnt creative we got lucas for that.

i agree, allen is like a younger version of scott parker, he`ll get about the field and be neat and tidy in possession, he may even score a goal or create an opportunity every now and again but at the end of the day he is primarily a defensive player, aquilani was a creative player so it will be interesting to see who we bring in as his replacement.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redalltheway36 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:53 am

Look at the gomel game. Why did we look so poor and why did Borini get such poor service. most of our midfielders were out there. Because we kept on playing back to carra then he would hoof it up field cos none of our midfield was demanding the ball. And cos borini was on his own he was out numbered and never hardly touched the ball. I guarantee if aqua came on second half would of been a totally different game.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion