ALBERTO AQUILANI - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boxscarf » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:13 pm

Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:12 pm wrote:Please close the thread do we can all forget the myth that was Aquilani - the worst transfer in our history

I'd say that accolade rests with Stewart Downing at the moment.
Boxscarf

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Boxscarf » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:13 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:12 pm wrote:Please close the thread do we can all forget the myth that was Aquilani - the worst transfer in our history

I'd say that accolade rests with Stewart Downing at the moment.

I'd say Downing contributed to winning a trophy and is still at the club.

Aquilani cost £20 mil 3 years ago and contributed to a goal against Portsmouth whilst getting paid over a 100 grand a week.
Benny The Noon

Postby parchpea » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:31 pm

Have they pencilled in a date for his testimonial?  :;):
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:33 pm

The only other time I heard of such an arrangement was when Fowler joined Man City from Leeds and the latter paid part of his wages, or something like that.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby redalltheway36 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Boxscarf » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:57 pm wrote:I have watched him numerous times at Roma, Liverpool, Juventus and Milan and always thought he was a good player, nowhere near as good as Mascherano and Alonso, but much better than what we have at the club at the moment.

I also feel embarrassed with the way in which the club and in particular the last four managers have dealt with Aquilani, showed him no respect whatsoever. I wish him all the best in Italy with Fiorentina. Hopefully he can cement his place in the first team and hopefully he can cement his place in the Italian national side. Best wishes to you, Alberto.

Meanwhile at Liverpool we'll continue with the world class players that are Adam, Henderson and Spearing.

Hallelujah the most honest and true post on any forum ive seen. The Aquilani haters are the ones still saying i think joe cole can still do a job for us? And henderson is one for the future.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby Simari » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:42 pm

The Aquilani non-believers are saying that Joe Cole also needs to go.

Stop living in your dream world...
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:47 pm

Aquilani haters  !!! :laugh:

£20 mil transfer fee
£5-6mil a years in wages

Liverpool get just over 20 games in 3 seasons with a good game against Portsmouth

Rafa didnt believe in him , Hodgson got rid, Kenny got rid now Rodgers has got rid. 2 italian clubs didnt want him on a reduced fee as well

Aquilani has managed to create himself a wonderful superstar myth out of nothing whatsoever.
Benny The Noon

Postby redalltheway36 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:52 pm

Ye two years later there now saying it. Coles contribution has been not even close to what Aqua has given so why hasnt he had any abuse and why has brendan been playing him when it doesnt take a brain scientist to see hes totally useless. 90 grand a week for what. Put Aquas highlights up then joe coles and please tell me whose contributed more.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby redalltheway36 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:55 pm

Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:47 pm wrote:Aquilani haters  !!! :laugh:

£20 mil transfer fee
£5-6mil a years in wages

Liverpool get just over 20 games in 3 seasons with a good game against Portsmouth

Rafa didnt believe in him , Hodgson got rid, Kenny got rid now Rodgers has got rid. 2 italian clubs didnt want him on a reduced fee as well

Aquilani has managed to create himself a wonderful superstar myth out of nothing whatsoever.

Mate ive heard about you from another forum. They say your real name is DIVA  :laugh:
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:56 pm

redalltheway36 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:52 pm wrote:Ye two years later there now saying it. Coles contribution has been not even close to what Aqua has given so why hasnt he had any abuse and why has brendan been playing him when it doesnt take a brain scientist to see hes totally useless. 90 grand a week for what. Put Aquas highlights up then joe coles and please tell me whose contributed more.

I was saying it from day one - go check the thread.

Want rid of both - Aquilani has gone - now its time for Cole
Benny The Noon

Postby redalltheway36 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:19 pm

Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:56 pm wrote:
redalltheway36 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:52 pm wrote:Ye two years later there now saying it. Coles contribution has been not even close to what Aqua has given so why hasnt he had any abuse and why has brendan been playing him when it doesnt take a brain scientist to see hes totally useless. 90 grand a week for what. Put Aquas highlights up then joe coles and please tell me whose contributed more.

Ok Henderson then hes on 65 grand a week whos better. And none of this but he didnt want to be here rubbish.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:22 pm

redalltheway36 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:19 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:56 pm wrote:

Ok Henderson then hes on 65 grand a week whos better. And none of this but he didnt want to be here rubbish.

How can it be rubbish when he keeps fecking leaving at the first chance he gets

He has gone - cry your eyes time - he did f*ck all for us in three years
Benny The Noon

Postby lakes10 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:44 pm

Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:47 pm wrote:Aquilani haters  !!! :laugh:

£20 mil transfer fee
£5-6mil a years in wages

I think Rafa got done by him, as soon as Rafa saw him play i sure he said to himself "oh f>uck"
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Selling him certainly doesnt make us any stronger (which going by some of the reactions seems to be what some expect) but if having him in the squad was the only thing stopping us from signing a first team regular (Allen from the looks of it) then its not that big a deal that he's gone. He was probably a better player than all of Adam, Henderson, Shelvey, & Spearing but other factors such as his age, nationality, wages...etc never worked in his favor.

Make no mistake about it though, Aquilani wasnt going to be a starter for us, but he is one of few we had in the squad who could dictate the tempo from the middle. One of the things that make his departure more understandable is the form that Shelvey has displayed in preseason. He has matured considerably as a player and I expect to see more of him next season. Very different type of player than Aquilani but I see more potential in him than I do in the likes of Henderson & Spearing.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:27 pm

The money spent, the lack of return, the lost opportunity and the way that it's dragged on over three years all make it one of the worst pieces of business we have ever done. With Robbie Keane and others you could take some relief from the fact that we got rid quickly and recouped a decent fee, but with Aquilani there is no redeeming feature whatsoever. He was a disastrous signing and I'm glad we're finally able to move on.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion