ALBERTO AQUILANI - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:01 am

He didn't want to play for us... End of story, stop making it sound like Rodgers didn't want him and sold him. this was not Rodgers call. At the end of the day, only the people who wants to stay are important to the club like Kenny said...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:59 am

redalltheway36 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:53 am wrote:Look at the gomel game. Why did we look so poor and why did Borini get such poor service. most of our midfielders were out there. Because we kept on playing back to carra then he would hoof it up field cos none of our midfield was demanding the ball. And cos borini was on his own he was out numbered and never hardly touched the ball. I guarantee if aqua came on second half would of been a totally different game.

There was another poster on here who has a very similar erection for Aquilani, if I'm not mistaken, username was Pablo or something.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:19 am

FFS are people still crying over him

Get over it FFS and get another poster for your wall
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:39 am

I think it's one good thing that this whole sorry affair has been put to bed.

Time to move on.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:22 am

Good player
Didnt work out
Arrividerci!
:D
Thommo's perm

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:22 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:22 am wrote:Good player
Didnt work out
Arrividerci!

If find it worrying that we're getting rid of techincally gifted footballers and bringing in players with little or no technical ability. If I had to choose between a midfield duo of Aquilani and Meireles and Henderson and Adam, I sure know which duo I'm picking.

We will not make progression with players like those in our squad. I like Henderson, but I don't think he has the mental ability to play at a club that wants to win things. He's good at Sunderland because that's the level he excels at, put him in a team where there is large expectations and he's stuck in no man's land.

It's unfortunate that it didn't work out for Aquilani, but the departures of technical gifted players like him and the arrival of British players is precisely why this club has fallen further and further into the realms of mediocrity and once a club becomes used to mediocrity, it's very hard to change the mentality, it's very hard to break away from that.
Boxscarf

Postby Simari » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:45 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:22 am wrote:
Thommo's perm » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:22 am wrote:Good player
Didnt work out
Arrividerci!

If find it worrying that we're getting rid of techincally gifted footballers and bringing in players with little or no technical ability. If I had to choose between a midfield duo of Aquilani and Meireles and Henderson and Adam, I sure know which duo I'm picking.

We will not make progression with players like those in our squad. I like Henderson, but I don't think he has the mental ability to play at a club that wants to win things. He's good at Sunderland because that's the level he excels at, put him in a team where there is large expectations and he's stuck in no man's land.

It's unfortunate that it didn't work out for Aquilani, but the departures of technical gifted players like him and the arrival of British players is precisely why this club has fallen further and further into the realms of mediocrity and once a club becomes used to mediocrity, it's very hard to change the mentality, it's very hard to break away from that.

Technically gifted players with very little drive or ambition don't belong in a top side. However, I will agree with you that we cannot simply replace technical ability with graft. That is setting the wrong precedence. There was an interesting article in the news about Fergie's switch to guile in midfield from the graft of Keane. And truth be told, for the first time in years - I was disappointed that Kagawa went to the Mancs. He is genuine quality who was bought on the cheap. Those are the type of signings we need.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:18 pm

well thats four managers who have had a look at him and decided he is not good enough, or simply has not heart. I suspect its a bit of both.

I rated him and hoped he would produce something. But I trust the opinions of four liverpool managers more.#

At least Rogers has been decisive and got rid for good. This bad smell is now gone!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redalltheway36 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:25 pm

crazyhorse » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:18 pm wrote:well thats four managers who have had a look at him and decided he is not good enough, or simply has not heart. I suspect its a bit of both.

I rated him and hoped he would produce something. But I trust the opinions of four liverpool managers more.#

At least Rogers has been decisive and got rid for good. This bad smell is now gone!

ye and kept and rates that joe cole and he stinks never mind smells.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:35 pm

he has gone FFS - get over it
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:37 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:35 am wrote:he has gone FFS - get over it

You should take your own advice
:;):
Thommo's perm

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:50 pm

redalltheway36 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:25 am wrote:
crazyhorse » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:18 pm wrote:well thats four managers who have had a look at him and decided he is not good enough, or simply has not heart. I suspect its a bit of both.

ye and kept and rates that joe cole and he stinks never mind smells.

Joe cole wants to be here and play for the club, aqua didn't.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:54 pm

Cole can leave as well
Benny The Noon

Postby maguskwt » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:31 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:54 am wrote:Cole can leave as well

And so can Carroll!

:wwww
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<