Would you like england to win - For non english fans.

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:49 pm

0asis wrote:
Pedro O'Maradona wrote:england are fine until u hear john motson rabbiting on...very hard to listen to (for non-english football watchers) ....but im biased......
Argentina i hope.....after that spain....

Yes that was centuries ago, we've become somewhat civilised, have you?

if your idea of being civilized is invading various parts of the world and causing turmoil i dont think i would want to be part of that
with your attitude its is no wonder england arent liked.....you think that ye are the greatest in the world, ye won one poxy world cup and ye think ye are world beaters....and ye always make a mess of it. It must bug ye the germans have won the world cup 3 times and argentina 2 times....didnt uruguay even win a world cup aswell

get over yourself u ignorant bigot....
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:13 am

pedro o'maradona i am not interested in getting into an argument about wars and invasion of other countries, this is a football forum and this particular thread is just to give an opinion on whether you would like England to win the world cup.
I can understand people who dont want England to win sort of like when we want United to lose in Europe but it still disappoints me, if any of the other home nations were in the finals i would want them to do well. I also want them to qualify in the first place as it makes it more interesting, to me its like another team to support.
It may annoy alot of people the way 66 is often dredged up but lets be honest approaching a world cup its bound to be,  what should the media do ? Talk about past failures ? When Liverpool are playing in the champions league in the next few years watch how many times istanbul is mentioned, the reason being is that its a positive talking point, something good to talk about.
And a couple of  questions, do you think England have a realistic chance of going all of the way, and if not where do you think they will bow out if not ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:26 am

Pedro O'Maradona wrote:
0asis wrote:
Pedro O'Maradona wrote:england are fine until u hear john motson rabbiting on...very hard to listen to (for non-english football watchers) ....but im biased......

if your idea of being civilized is invading various parts of the world and causing turmoil i dont think i would want to be part of that
with your attitude its is no wonder england arent liked.....you think that ye are the greatest in the world, ye won one poxy world cup and ye think ye are world beaters....and ye always make a mess of it. It must bug ye the germans have won the world cup 3 times and argentina 2 times....didnt uruguay even win a world cup aswell

You're droning on about things that happened from around Roman times so 100BC and moaning about all those centuries right up until 1921 the partition of Ireland and modern day and you call me ignorant?

What the English did in 1977, 1577,1077, 77BC has nothing to do with me & the fact you Irish still hate us for invasions that happened centuries ago and a Partition that happened 80+ years ago is ignorant in itself. That the way history's gone hasn't it, if you Irish had empire like the English, you'd probably have done the exact samething. But I don't hate the Irish, Welsh, Scottish or any other nationality because I'm not a narrow minded fool.

As for Germany winning it three times, good on them for winning it, they are rivals so I'm not best pleased but I don't hate any set of fans, any race or any country as I said I'm not a narrow minded fool. Rivalry is rivalry, it's about friendly banter and I want England to win the WC, If Germany make it four or Argentina make it three WC's this yr then fair enough. The best team will be crowned World Champions.

1966, yeah I get annoyed with that too, however that was our only cup triumph as nation, so what do you expect us to do? Pretend it's not there? Just because it annoys you Irish, Scottish or Welsh? If  Eire, NI, Scotland or Wales had won that cup then you'd still be talking about until your grave.

Aand get over the narrow mindedness.  :no
48-1119859832

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:52 am

we still going on about invasions?
get a life pedro maradonna, this is football chat, not politics, but if u want your a$$ kicked verbally about politics as well feel free to pm me ;)

ps - im half scottish as well but i live in england, so i support england, and in fairness if we werent in it but ROI were, id want them to fall on there faces too, so its all fun :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:43 pm

0asis wrote:
Pedro O'Maradona wrote:
0asis wrote:

You're droning on about things that happened from around Roman times so 100BC and moaning about all those centuries right up until 1921 the partition of Ireland and modern day and you call me ignorant?

What the English did in 1977, 1577,1077, 77BC has nothing to do with me & the fact you Irish still hate us for invasions that happened centuries ago and a Partition that happened 80+ years ago is ignorant in itself. That the way history's gone hasn't it, if you Irish had empire like the English, you'd probably have done the exact samething. But I don't hate the Irish, Welsh, Scottish or any other nationality because I'm not a narrow minded fool.

As for Germany winning it three times, good on them for winning it, they are rivals so I'm not best pleased but I don't hate any set of fans, any race or any country as I said I'm not a narrow minded fool. Rivalry is rivalry, it's about friendly banter and I want England to win the WC, If Germany make it four or Argentina make it three WC's this yr then fair enough. The best team will be crowned World Champions.

1966, yeah I get annoyed with that too, however that was our only cup triumph as nation, so what do you expect us to do? Pretend it's not there? Just because it annoys you Irish, Scottish or Welsh? If  Eire, NI, Scotland or Wales had won that cup then you'd still be talking about until your grave.

pedro listen

two world wars and one world cup
do dah, do dah
(repeat)

then

oh do do dah day

:grinning:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:47 pm

im not pedro.
48-1119859832

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:08 pm

dawson99 wrote:we still going on about invasions?
get a life pedro maradonna, this is football chat, not politics, but if u want your a$$ kicked verbally about politics as well feel free to pm me ;)

ps - im half scottish as well but i live in england, so i support england, and in fairness if we werent in it but ROI were, id want them to fall on there faces too, so its all fun :D

look its like this....the main issue here is that the english media are unbearable. I dunno about you but im sick of turning on the tv and hearing about wayne rooneys foot ...u should listen to yerselfs go on, celebrate ur victories is fine best of luck to you, if Ireland won a world cup the country would be drunk for a decade (being nationalistic is one thing but the over the top, jingoism that happens around the time of the world cup is hard to take, my point is (unpopular tho it may be,) is that the english go overboard as do your colonial offshoots Australia and USA   sorry I am digressing here) but dont expect other countries to want ye to win...i have no problem with english people (my mothers family are from england originally)....i just think u english are patronising about non british countries.....a small bit of humility and a realisation that the world does not revolve around england might be nice....that is all
the point i am making is that the Republic of Ireland is NOT part of the UK, the same as France or Belgium are not...the thread was based on the question do we want england to win the world cup, put simply I dont I want england to win based on the fact I am not english, I lived in Argentina and I want them to win it...Im not being anti-english
as for a political debate i dont think either of us would want that lol
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:11 pm

0asis wrote:im not pedro.

not what? lol
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:19 pm

I am delighted England are in it though as otherwise the world cup wouldn't have the same buzz here (Ireland), it didn't matter when they failed in 1994 as Ireland were in it or the 1970s when Scotland were (were they in 1974?)but who would we obsess about if England weren't there?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:19 pm

Judge wrote:
0asis wrote:
Pedro O'Maradona wrote:
0asis wrote:

pedro listen

two world wars and one world cup
do dah, do dah
(repeat)

then

oh do do dah day

:grinning:

maradooooo maradoooo
el mano de Dios
venganza por los malvinas
maradoooo maradooooo
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby Judge » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:51 pm

vengeance for the falklands (not malvinas - always in british hands (of our gods)). :D :p

maradona is a cheating cunt, mind you his other goal was good
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:51 pm

Just before the Gibraltar issue appears (as it seems the thread is about that) I must say loud and clear that you can keep that piece of rock :D I don't bloody care.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:56 pm

and we keep the apes aswell :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:00 pm

"venganza por los malvinas"

I understood that, never knew I spoke spanish though. I must go to the Malvinas/Falklands some time and see why the big demand is.

BTW Maradonna is no more a cheat than Stevie G.
Last edited by Big Niall on Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:25 pm

fuck off niall :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion