Would you like england to win - For non english fans.

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:11 pm

well sabre u will be happy to know that the reacing post will be tipping up spain to win it tomorrow, and they have some of the best football writers around in langdon, who is the king of football if u ask me
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:15 pm

Didnt realise that about the older generation Sabre.In future when Iam in Spain I will look for a restaurant with young staff.I dont want anyone spitting in my soup. :D
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:21 pm

england are fine until u hear john motson rabbiting on...very hard to listen to (for non-english football watchers) ....but im biased......
Argentina i hope.....after that spain....
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:26 pm

dawson99 wrote:all this anti england bashing (irish fans here mostly...) is just stupid. its another reason why i dont support ireland. Lets face it, england are the superior team in the uk. i hope we do play well and win it, and to say ud like to see beckham get a broken leg is a disgrace to yourself and your country.

come on england!!!

800 years of british imperialist oppression in Ireland might have something to do with it.....but of course you arent familiar with Irish history are u?
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:51 pm

Pedro O'Maradona wrote:
dawson99 wrote:all this anti england bashing (irish fans here mostly...) is just stupid. its another reason why i dont support ireland. Lets face it, england are the superior team in the uk. i hope we do play well and win it, and to say ud like to see beckham get a broken leg is a disgrace to yourself and your country.

come on england!!!

800 years of british imperialist oppression in Ireland might have something to do with it.....but of course you arent familiar with Irish history are u?

No we care about football and today.
Whatever happened in the past has fook all to do with any of us.

When any of the home nations play i want them to win despite the obvious pleasure they all have when we lose.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:38 pm

No we care about football and today.
Whatever happened in the past has fook all to do with any of us.

I have to agree. Spain vs England, would be the Manchester United - Liverpool of nations. It's hard to remember in history a couple of countries with so many wars. But that's past. Most of the Spaniards do not hate England any more, it would be stupid to stick to old colonial rivalries.

I bothered to learn a bit of history of Ireland, and I know that the history is not sweet. But we cannot stick to that. Ireland and England have a future of peace. Although independent countries, you have many things in common.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:31 am

Pedro O'Maradona wrote:england are fine until u hear john motson rabbiting on...very hard to listen to (for non-english football watchers) ....but im biased......
Argentina i hope.....after that spain....

Yes that was centuries ago, we've become somewhat civilised, have you?
48-1119859832

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:53 am

If Man Utd are playing Arsenal - do you chear for your North of England neighbours? nah, you're Arsenal for a day (90 mins anyway). Neighbouring rivalry.

The teams England hate the most are their bigger neighbours France & Germany. I don't think Ireland have any stronger feelings than Scotland about England's football team.

Anyway, as Ireland is getter richer and better (as a country, not a team) the colonial inferiority/bitter hangover is decreasing. While the North of Ireland "problem" is still there there'll always be a certain niggle.

ON the whole though, I'd be pleased for the LFC boys if they win the cup (especially if they play a negative team in the final) - although Stevie G should be captain.

So Dawson - not all Irish folk have a problem with England, the English lads I know are all sound (allthough you speak funny :O )
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:15 pm

You drink way too much :D

Christ you make me look like a lightweight. :p
48-1119859832

Postby 48-1119859832 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:16 pm

Altho saying that i support Eire out of the rest of the British Isles, sod supporting Scotland, N.I or Wales.
48-1119859832

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:52 pm

0asis wrote:You drink way too much :D

Christ you make me look like a lightweight. :p

I think the ex soviet countries probably have the drinking crown now.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:50 pm

I think when some of us non-English fans say we like to see England fall flat on their face it's a bit tongue in cheek, just a wind-up.  At the end of the day if we were truly anti-English we wouldn't be supporting Liverpool would we??

I'll echo what a few others have said, the English media and people like Motson, Lineker, Ian Wright wind me up when they talk about the English side as if they're Brazil and can't go for one game without mentioning fecking '66 (get over it), but I've nothing against the English players and like to see them do well, especially the Liverpool players.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:01 pm

The Red Baron wrote:Irish gits :D

nicely put RB  :laugh:   :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:38 pm

0asis wrote:Altho saying that i support Eire out of the rest of the British Isles, sod supporting Scotland, N.I or Wales.

we are not british in the republic of ireland (we are not part the british isles).....just the same as the french or the germans arent british...we just share ur language.....
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:39 pm

john craig wrote:I think when some of us non-English fans say we like to see England fall flat on their face it's a bit tongue in cheek, just a wind-up.  At the end of the day if we were truly anti-English we wouldn't be supporting Liverpool would we??

I'll echo what a few others have said, the English media and people like Motson, Lineker, Ian Wright wind me up when they talk about the English side as if they're Brazil and can't go for one game without mentioning fecking '66 (get over it), but I've nothing against the English players and like to see them do well, especially the Liverpool players.

here here..I agree
Pedro O'Maradona

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion