English talent out of england

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Bammo » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:58 pm

Young English talent isn't scouted by foreign clubs because of the way we select our own youngsters. The majority of kids that get signed by clubs are those who have physically matured earlier than their age group. To look at, they run rings around other players and dominate games but that's mainly due to their physical superiority. When they reach 18/19 and go up against players of the same physical maturity they don't have the skills of foreign counterparts.

Hope that makes sense! :D
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:15 pm

mr_weed_80@hotmail.com wrote:bigmick, trust me im 100% liverpool n the reason i said fridge magnet is cos i was rambling n in a happy mood
i didnt realise that everything had to be taken so seriously
:(

It would be a good start if you used intelligble english, the Shift button for capitals when required and proper punctuation - and leave out the SMS style abbreviations.

Write something we can read then we'll move on to whether it was worth writing in the first place.

PS: Yes, I'm an old git and I dont wear jeans hanging off my :censored:.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mr_weed_80@hotmail.com » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:24 am

haha fair enough, well i'm a 19 year old rock star wannabe who is the lead singer of a big up n coming band
so slag me off all you want, in the end were all supporting the same team and all i did was bring up an interesting subject and joked about the fridge thing. but being an old git i guess you have forgotten how to laugh

but dont worry im not a :censored: with my jeans half way down me legs n i hate burbery if that helps at all
mr_weed_80@hotmail.com

Postby kobashi » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:03 am

English football is great for live crowds etc but it is not the best league in the World.  La Liga are better if you ask me.  Technically the EPL is not on that level and has nowhere near the amount of depth in quality teams like La Liga has.

like it has already been said.  European clubs have no interest in young english players as technically they are not good enough.  watching the Euro under 21 tournament showed you all that.  Even when you watch England under 18's and lower you see the lack of skill, guile etc.

Chris Waddle summed it up pretty well after the england vs italy game.

"Italy had a superior technique, gradually got on top, created a lot of chances and got their reward.

We've always played the same whatever the level as a national side - a fast tempo, 4-4-2 - because from a young age we're taught to press. Press the ball and press people into mistakes. That's how English football's always been.

Years ago teams couldn't live with it, but they have picked up how to cope with the physical side of English football and even at youth level they can match our physicality now.

And while Italy slowed the game down and quickened it up when they had to, we were and are lacking in technical ability."

Speaking of Waddle.  he is one of the best british players too ever play abroad. Won the French championship three times with Marseille.  Waddle was excellent and in the 90-91 season and he was nearly voted European player of the year. It's a shame that people don't actually know how good Waddle was in france.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLERBRzJGjA
kobashi

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:11 am

kobashi wrote:English football is great for live crowds etc but it is not the best league in the World.  La Liga are better if you ask me.  Technically the EPL is not on that level and has nowhere near the amount of depth in quality teams like La Liga has.

like it has already been said.  European clubs have no interest in young english players as technically they are not good enough.  watching the Euro under 21 tournament showed you all that.  Even when you watch England under 18's and lower you see the lack of skill, guile etc.

"Italy had a superior technique, gradually got on top, created a lot of chances and got their reward.

We've always played the same whatever the level as a national side - a fast tempo, 4-4-2 - because from a young age we're taught to press. Press the ball and press people into mistakes. That's how English football's always been.

Years ago teams couldn't live with it, but they have picked up how to cope with the physical side of English football and even at youth level they can match our physicality now.

And while Italy slowed the game down and quickened it up when they had to, we were and are lacking in technical ability."

Speaking of Waddle.  he is one of the best british players too ever play abroad. Won the French championship three times with Marseille.  Waddle was excellent and in the 90-91 season and he was nearly voted European player of the year. It's a shame that people don't actually know how good Waddle was in france.

Here we appear to have a foreign fan who is anti-English.

Great for the crowds etc....  and the rest

We have some of the most technically giften players in the world, at the top level more so than any other league.

Nowhere near the depth in quality?

Maybe not quite as much quality in the lower teams...

but...

I'd rather watch real players who don't fall over an eyelash every 2 minutes and who don't do 250 stepovers before combing their hair.

The U21's summed it up hey?

Where were Spain and Germany?

We went further than Italy and Portugal and narrowly missed out on the final to Holland with what effectively turned out to be 9 men.....

:no
LFC2007

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:30 am

LFC2007 wrote:I'd rather watch real players who don't fall over an eyelash every 2 minutes and who don't do 250 stepovers before combing their hair.

erm... this ironically reminded me of christiano ronaldo...  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:42 am

Fridge magnets  ???  :laugh: WTF is that supposed to mean   :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:03 am

LFC2007 wrote:
kobashi wrote:English football is great for live crowds etc but it is not the best league in the World.  La Liga are better if you ask me.  Technically the EPL is not on that level and has nowhere near the amount of depth in quality teams like La Liga has.

Here we appear to have a foreign fan who is anti-English.

Great for the crowds etc....  and the rest

We have some of the most technically giften players in the world, at the top level more so than any other league.

Nowhere near the depth in quality?

Maybe not quite as much quality in the lower teams...

but...

I'd rather watch real players who don't fall over an eyelash every 2 minutes and who don't do 250 stepovers before combing their hair.

The U21's summed it up hey?

Where were Spain and Germany?

We went further than Italy and Portugal and narrowly missed out on the final to Holland with what effectively turned out to be 9 men.....

:no

I'm an admirer of the english style, but not all the points of Kobashi are unfair.

Sticking too much to the 442 and relying too much in the tempo is something that can be considered fair criticism.

In the last sub21 Spain wasn't there, but my country has won a lot of sub21 competitions, only to fail miserably when they're older, but that's for a number of reasons irrelevant to the thread.

I admire the english style, I really do, but at the same time, I don't think this is true

I don't see more technicaly gifted players in the english League than in the Spanish one, if I have to be perfectly honest. And that doesn't mean I'm anti english, nor I don't like the english game ( I love it), it doesn't mean neither they are worse players, as "technically gifted" is only one side of the game.

But cannot say that's true.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:06 am

well i think the spanish nat team can only get better with the likes of alonso and fabegras adding the phisicality to their wonderful techniques. it would be good for the young english players to go to countries such a spain and learn finetune their techniques
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:17 am

I remember trevor brooking saying even at the age of 12 british kids are 3 years behind those in Europe.

The comment about Matt Le Tissier not getting a game today is so right.
puroresu

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:43 am

Have to admit mate I think your more or less spot on about English football.

I think what you've pointed out actually, is common knowledge among football fans.
66-1112520797

Postby puroresu » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:58 am

Chris Waddle is one of the few pundits who actually speaks some sense on why England as a national team struggle.  To many pundits seems to think just cos the players play in the premiership it means the team must do well.
puroresu

Postby mr_weed_80@hotmail.com » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:07 am

hence the question, why is frank lampard still in the england team simply because he plays well for chelsea

i agree with a lot of what has been said and as much as i love England, i have to admit that the league is better than the national team because were not forced into playing players such as Wes Brown!!!
mr_weed_80@hotmail.com

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:38 pm

Sabre wrote:I admire the english style, I really do, but at the same time, I don't think this is true

I don't see more technicaly gifted players in the english League than in the Spanish one, if I have to be perfectly honest. And that doesn't mean I'm anti english, nor I don't like the english game ( I love it), it doesn't mean neither they are worse players, as "technically gifted" is only one side of the game.

But cannot say that's true.

I never said I seeas may technically gifted players in the Premier league as in La Liga - I said at the TOP LEVEL.

I see as many, if not more technically gifted players at the top level of the English game i.e. the top four, than in most if not every other league in the world.

English players are not as technically adept from ayounger age, but, they generally take longer to mature in any case.

You can criticise the English game all you like, pressing in a 442 etc...... At the top level, over the past decade things have changed, no longer are English club sides in Europe committing fatal tactical errors of pressing and pressing and leaving gaps in behind the midfield where the technically sound players can easily exploit with a flick on or a subtle pass.

The U21 tournament proved nothing, all it proved is that young English players are more than capable of holding their own on the international stage, at a younger level u18's - we lack maturity and physical development, but the development comes later than with most continental players.
LFC2007

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:44 am

The under 21's are pretty irrelevant, any top class players are usually playing for the full side by the time they are 22 unless the nation is extremely strong  some may make the sqaud one day, but out of the England U21s Carson might get into full team, imo.

Excellent post Kobashi, technically speaking when you see England playing it's embarrassing.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion