Would you like england to win - For non english fans.

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:26 pm

whats the media supposed to do? whining people should really just shut it sometimes, its the world cup, a summer of football for fecks sake!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:29 pm

dawson99 wrote:all this anti england bashing (irish fans here mostly...) is just stupid. its another reason why i dont support ireland. Lets face it, england are the superior team in the uk. i hope we do play well and win it, and to say ud like to see beckham get a broken leg is a disgrace to yourself and your country.

come on england!!!

It all dates back to the time when us English went around invading every piece of land we could find. Altho that has happened centuries ago, you'd think people would get over themselves now they are independant states but obviously not, it's sadly just home brewed predijuces passed down from generation to generation. Altho I'd say most English ppl were not better.
48-1119859832

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:29 pm

dawson99 wrote:whats the media supposed to do? whining people should really just shut it sometimes, its the world cup, a summer of football for fecks sake!

Dawson if that was aimed at me, I'm actually agreeing with what you're saying.  :laugh:
48-1119859832

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:33 pm

not aimed at u at all oasis dude :D
i dont get it, thats all. its the world cup, a great month of sport, a massive occasion. im sorry for all the welsh/irish for not being born in countries that are any good at football but its not my fault :p
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:44 pm

Lionheart wrote:
Judge wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:
Lionheart wrote:Aussie...Aussie...Aussie...

Shit Shit Shit  :D

dont worry lionheart, we have lfc#1's address, and he's a new zealander living in Oz, so if you wanna give him a visit no probs

be quick as the sly bugger is off on his hols soon

:D

If LFC#1 is a kiwi living in Australia, I'll know where to find him...somewhere around Bondi (eastern suburbs of Sydney). That's where they all go to collect their dole cheques!!!   :D     :buttrock

you know him then  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:46 pm

Thanks for your words of support Dawson :angry:  :p

Personally I will be supporting England although if they get knocked out it doesnt bother me like it does English people.  I cant speak for all Welsh people mind you  :p

Its pretty much divided in Wales from what I can tell to those who will support England to those who wont.

Obviously Im more interested in the Liverpool players and would support them to win the world cup. 

I agree with JBG about the media etc and they would go completely over the top if England win but thats not the average supporters fault, and I have massive reservations about watching that **** Neville bask in world cup glory
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:50 pm

didnt mean u dude, but why shouldnt the media go mad if we win the world cup? its the medias job to go mad about england. and people that are saying that its all anti liverpool must be reading a different paper to the ones i read (racing post, times, independant) all giving crouch, stevie and jame c the most glwoing reviews!
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:11 pm

dawson99 wrote:didnt mean u dude, but why shouldnt the media go mad if we win the world cup? its the medias job to go mad about england. and people that are saying that its all anti liverpool must be reading a different paper to the ones i read (racing post, times, independant) all giving crouch, stevie and jame c the most glwoing reviews!

I agree with what you're sawing Dawson lad, but the media or any nation has the bad habit of being best friends with their countries International sports team one minute and then slagging the team off the next minute. That's what annoys so many ppl about media's envolvement with such things as sport. This is also what leads to ppl not taking media seriously at all.

Every World Cup or European Championships, the media build up their countries chances saying we have the best squad, we are the best team, we have Super dooper Mikey Owen and then when the lads get knocked out of the Cup, the media then say "Owen is a joke" - "Owen - World Class? My A.rse" and this non-sense (I'm using Owen as an example btw) but you should get what I'm talking about.  :D
48-1119859832

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:16 pm

Sabre wrote:Alonso will play well and his long passes will be appreciated no matter if they are in England or Brazil.

guillem ballague was saying on the radio last night that he doesn't even think alonso will start the first game for spain. he reckons they'll go with albelda, senna (who's brazilian) and fabregas. :Oo:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:07 pm

guillem ballague was saying on the radio last night that he doesn't even think alonso will start the first game for spain. he reckons they'll go with albelda, senna (who's brazilian) and fabregas

He reckons? even my sister reckons that after watching the games of preparation that have done Aragones.

And I'm steeming in anger. Even the bloody Marca buyers preffer Alonso rather than Albelda in the poll (over the 74% preffers Alonso).

Aragones is aging, and I'm worried. He's making a place to Raul, who has been out of the liga most of this months due to injury, and he's sticking to Albelda, apparently because he thinks he's more solid defensively.

If it was true he watches more than 50 games per week, as he said, he should have seen quite a bunch of our games and reckon that Alonso is very solid defending.

The Fabregas boom also pi$$ses me off, he's defensively null, and ofensively Xavi is simply better. Cesc has only  a slightly better dribling, ability that is not that necessary in the position he plays.

This is going to be another Spanish major failure.

Greenred: I realise now that what I wrote is funny, but I really meant that I preffer England winning it rather than Italy, Brazil, or other classics.  :)

St Michael, do you think it would be a good idea to open a specific thread about "Reds in Germany" to track all the info that appear about the red men in the world cup? I'd put everything on Alonso, Reina and LG, the Aussies would do the same, and of course the english mates too. What do you think?
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:13 pm

Sabre wrote:St Michael, do you think it would be a good idea to open a specific thread about "Reds in Germany" to track all the info that appear about the red men in the world cup? I'd put everything on Alonso, Reina and LG, the Aussies would do the same, and of course the english mates too. What do you think?

already working on it sabre mate. just waiting to hear back from LFC.

basically the world cup part of the forum will be split up in the next few days into the following sections.

"england discussion"

"european teams discussion"

"african/asian teams discussion"

"south american teams discussion"

"other nations discussion"

"lfc player watch"
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:35 pm

As long as we're in still in it, I'll be screaming me guts out cheering for them.

FFS no reason not to support them cause the fookwit Becks is the captain.

We need to give the El-capitan's band to Gerrard (rose tinted lenses and all that...:D)

But seriously, how can I not support "me muzzerland"
ConnO'var

Postby taff » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:15 pm

dawson99 wrote:didnt mean u dude, but why shouldnt the media go mad if we win the world cup? its the medias job to go mad about england. and people that are saying that its all anti liverpool must be reading a different paper to the ones i read (racing post, times, independant) all giving crouch, stevie and jame c the most glwoing reviews!

Good papers but I do think the tabloids are berserk when it comes to English Football
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:17 pm

Interesting to read the views of the non English on here.As an Englishman I of course will be rooting for England, as Lionheart,Laza etc. will be supporting ther home nations.It comes as no suprise the Irish lads arent 100% behind England,and why should they be.In the 94 World Cup I didnt care if Ireland won or lost, not sour grapes because we wernt there it was just another game to watch.
   Lets be honest most of us were delighted when Barca beat Arsenal, This is just the same on an International level.I am looking forward to a month of great entertainment, thriils and spills,and If England were to become World Champions, well Id be one of the first on here giving it to those Irish gits :D
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:09 pm

If you're interested on the perception of England in Spain, I'd divide the Spanish population in >40 years and <40 years people.

Of course I'm doing a generalization but this happens. The older ones, has still that old resentment that was planted by Franco due to Gibraltar, and they like England losing, specially  against us, and Argentina and Germany (because traditional rivalry between this two footie concepts). These old resentment is so old that they even use the old name of England, Albion :)

The youngest though, don't feel like that and appreciate England quite a lot. There have been tons of Spaniards learning english in England, or working as au pair, or going to Erasmus with the uni, and that helped a lot to remove old feelings.

My self I like Ireland because I spent two summers there, and I still remember Aldo, Paul McGrath, and some songs like the "We are the Jackie Charlton Army". I do like England since I knew some mates in Ibiza (1) and then made some friends from 1993 and so on in the internet. I also like England because of the concept of football they have, not talking about the tactics, but some noble attitudes like the not diving and all that.

Sabre

(1) Hah, that was times! I was about 16, and we were sent to quite away from the town hotel, and it was full of english. So I was the unique Spaniard in my own country. The first days a :censored: of Manchester (I remember he was of Manchester CIty) insulted me and made my days difficult. But one day some other english mates invited me to play footie, and I played as a keeper. Somehow I did a couple of good saves and the guy from Manchester said "Good save" and for some reason he started to treat me well. It was an interesting experience.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion