Would you like england to win - For non english fans.

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Tue May 23, 2006 8:38 pm

I tend to support England in the WC or Euro but not exclusively.  Unlike the league where I couldn't even contemplate supporting a 2nd or 3rd team besides Liverpool, in international tournaments I usually have a few firm favourites a few dark horses that I hope do well.  England's always in the firm favourites camp and Spain may be as well, this time round, thanks to the LFC players.  The dark horses will have to wait, though...it's all about who's performing well at the tournament and knocking off the big boys!

As far as not rooting for a side...the only national team I can't cheer for is Brazil, although I can respect the flair they bring.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundalk » Tue May 23, 2006 8:43 pm

Sabre wrote:Well, my second favourite team used to be Ireland, but they're never gonna win it.

Well if we had have got past you lot in the last world cup then we might have had a bit of a chance  :rasp
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Wed May 24, 2006 12:25 pm

Judge wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:
Lionheart wrote:Aussie...Aussie...Aussie...

Shit Shit Shit  :D

dont worry lionheart, we have lfc#1's address, and he's a new zealander living in Oz, so if you wanna give him a visit no probs

be quick as the sly bugger is off on his hols soon

:D

If LFC#1 is a kiwi living in Australia, I'll know where to find him...somewhere around Bondi (eastern suburbs of Sydney). That's where they all go to collect their dole cheques!!!   :D     :buttrock

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat May 27, 2006 9:44 am

H_K_LFC wrote:Hope England dont win it...Noone will ever hear the end of,Like the last time they won it back in 66 and theyre still goin on about...

Don't really mind who wins it as long as the games are exciting

Winning the world cup is a massive achievement and i bet if your country won it u would still be going on about it 40 years on although i have never heared any off my family mention it
all the time biatch

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby der_kaiser » Sun May 28, 2006 1:00 am

i'm northern ireland through and through, i loved the night we beat you guys (england) at windsor park 1 - 0 (just had to get that one in somewhere).

there was a poll on a local radio station here a few weeks back and about 70% of northern ireland wanted england to get beat. normally i'd side with them but the idea of gerrard and carra getting to their hands on the cup has me supporting england for the first time!
der_kaiser

Postby greenred » Sun May 28, 2006 1:18 am

Sabre wrote:I'd like England to win it rather than Italy, England, and definitely Brazil, so yes, I'd like them to win

Sabre... :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby luvliverpool » Sun May 28, 2006 12:22 pm

NO - mainly as the English media hype up the England team so so much around the World Cup.........if they win then great but if not then its always exscuses exscuses exscuses and then all we hear is 66!!!!!
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun May 28, 2006 1:08 pm

I find it a bit poor the way anyone in Britain wants England to lose tbh.
Yeah the media over hype things and then go too far OTT after they lose but so what ? Thats irrelavent.
If Scotland Ireland Northern Ireland or Wales are playing, unless its against England i want them to win.
In USA 94 i wanted Ireland to do well and still watched the world cup despite England not being there.
I think England have a decent chance this time around, although without Rooney it will be difficult.
I will also be looking out for Spains results and hope they do well.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Mon May 29, 2006 12:31 pm

I want England to have a good run just (even win it maybe) to give Crouch and Carragher a chance to get the recognition they deserve.  Gerrard doesnt really have anything to prove, everyone already knows he is the best. 
My prediction is they will meet Australia in the final!!!!!
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Mon May 29, 2006 12:49 pm

yes
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon May 29, 2006 1:01 pm

I'd like Gerrard and Carragher especially to win it but I couldn't stomach the player I despise most in the world, Beckham, lifting the trophy. If he breaks a leg before the tournament, then I'd cheer for them.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon May 29, 2006 1:06 pm

Big Niall wrote:I'd like Gerrard and Carragher especially to win it but I couldn't stomach the player I despise most in the world, Beckham, lifting the trophy. If he breaks a leg before the tournament, then I'd cheer for them.

:censored:

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby CologneCouple » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:34 am

I usually like to watch the englisch squad playing; fast, offensive and hard. Yesterday I saw a couple of english fans at a service station near cologne, I´m really looking forward to the game England vs. Sweden. ( Cause I have cards, YES! ) I hope we´ll have the opportunity to meet some English Fans before the game to party!

I would like to see the English squad win if our boys don´t make it.
CologneCouple

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:21 pm

all this anti england bashing (irish fans here mostly...) is just stupid. its another reason why i dont support ireland. Lets face it, england are the superior team in the uk. i hope we do play well and win it, and to say ud like to see beckham get a broken leg is a disgrace to yourself and your country.

come on england!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:25 pm

luvliverpool wrote:NO - mainly as the English media hype up the England team so so much around the World Cup.........if they win then great but if not then its always exscuses exscuses exscuses and then all we hear is 66!!!!!

That's very true but it's the same in every country around the world. Every countries media organisations will be building their International teams up and then if they fail they will take them back down again. International managers, fans and players will always makes excuses for their failings in Cup competitions. So to brand England on it's own like that is very, very wrong.
48-1119859832

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion