Would you like england to win - For non english fans.

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:30 pm

It is kind of tradition in many countries to hope England fall flat on their faces but I'd like to see them do well (especially if SG, and JC are playing).

I'd hate to see Beckham lift the trophy as I think he represents what is rubbish in football so hopefully he'll break a leg before the competition and England go on and win the trophy playing great football with SWP flying down the wing.

I'm sure plenty of scots/welsh/Irish etc will all have different views.

I think Brazil or Czechs WILL win but would you LIKE IT if England won?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:46 pm

Yeah always go for England due to my parentage though with Australia in it , they will be my second time for once.
Funny enough with LFC connection, i be keeping a interested  eye on Spain as well
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:07 am

I usually like to watch England do well in the World Cup. Much rather see them lift the trophy than Brasil (or any other south amercian diving team), but i always get so dissapointed. This world cup I will be dissapointed by two teams Aus and England...... Nah Just joking Aus will win it !!!! :p

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:36 pm

I like English players and especially English football style, but i'm not sure whether i want Eng to win the cup.

And the only reason is Sven :sleepy: I hate managers like Eriksson or Mourinho, they're killing the 'game'

:sleep
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:43 pm

istanbul, i feel the same way mate, and im english!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:55 pm

I dont really care about International football

Always watch it when its on like, but then i watch most football matches
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby Lionheart » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:09 pm

Aussie...Aussie...Aussie...Oi...Oi...Oi!!! :D

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:12 pm

Lionheart wrote:Aussie...Aussie...Aussie...

Shit Shit Shit  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:42 pm

I'm English but I'd support Scotland/Northern Ireland/Wales/Eire too if they were in it.  I know there'd be lots of gloating to put up with if they did well, but I'm not so small-minded to support some team I've never heard of just because of that.

TBH If England go out, I'll lose interest.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Mikz » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:10 pm

Please God Not England,as much as I hate them,They are in with a shout. They are always better than they think they are ,but this time -theyll take some stopping with rooney inspiring them.Theres not enough of a Liverpool presence for me and lfc players never get credit in an england shirt. Itll be the Lampard Rooney Beckham show
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:39 am

Hope England dont win it...Noone will ever hear the end of,Like the last time they won it back in 66 and theyre still goin on about...

Don't really mind who wins it as long as the games are exciting
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:59 pm

I always follow the England games but with all due respect, I sometimes like to see England fall flat on their faces. I don't mean that as an insult against the English people, but against the London press and Fleet Street, who go completely OTT to the point that they are completely obnoxious when England win one or two games in a tournament.

Ideally, as a Liverpool fan, I'd like to see England knocked out early so Crouch, Gerrard and Carragher get a rest over the summer, although I admit thats selfish, and I know Gerrard in particular is really looking forward to the tournament.

England certainly have the players to win it. Their problem is that they don't have the manager who is cut out to handle the stress and tactical flexibility you need to win the World Cup.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:50 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
Lionheart wrote:Aussie...Aussie...Aussie...

Shit Shit Shit  :D

dont worry lionheart, we have lfc#1's address, and he's a new zealander living in Oz, so if you wanna give him a visit no probs

be quick as the sly bugger is off on his hols soon

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue May 23, 2006 7:41 pm

Maybe if your English and living in the country you can get caught up in the media circus and believe that there is no point in any other country even going to the world cup, because England are going to win it. 

From the outside looking in Id say England have a great chance, but do I want them to win?? Im sorry but no. Just to see all the reporters and newspapers calling for everyones heads apart for there own, sad people.

By the way if England go out in the first round then my guess is that the media will want Mc Claren out before he even takes the job!!
Last edited by Dundalk on Tue May 23, 2006 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue May 23, 2006 8:22 pm

Well, my second favourite team used to be Ireland, but they're never gonna win it. I'd like England to win it rather than Italy, England, and definitely Brazil, so yes, I'd like them to win, with one condition. Please do not go any further with that "he's not cut for england play". When you say that, you sound like the Americans with the NBA!!! Football is not that different, and good football is good football. Alonso will play well and his long passes will be appreciated no matter if they are in England or Brazil.

But Yes, I'd like England to win it if Spain fails again (and that's likely).
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion