England v paraguay unofficial thread - For all you who do support the english

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Gaunt » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:52 pm

Hmm a very poor performance from England there, a 1-0 win from an own goal doesn't inspire confidence. The team looked very average and lacking creativity.
Gaunt

Postby Mikz » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:04 pm

Now the big debate will follow-who is really to blame.
That referee was a bit hyper, he was making the players nervous especially the goalkeepers.
Three points in the bag anyway, in that soaring heat is acceptable enough for most.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:04 pm

Gaunt wrote:Hmm a very poor performance from England there, a 1-0 win from an own goal doesn't inspire confidence. The team looked very average and lacking creativity.

I'm thinking the same TBH. Why take owen off and put joe cole as a striker? He is not a striker, he is someone who can get you a goal from nothing. Crouchy was isolated in the second half. The whole team was too deep in the second half.

And what was that referee on!?!?
His performance is an embarressment to the rest of football. Booking's for f*ck all. Free kicks for f*ck all. He was probably the worst ref I've seen.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:42 pm

My god that was sh1t,even first half i couldnt agree with the panel at half time.Well lads if thats the best we have bar Rooney,i bet sweden and trinidad and tobago are p1ssing themselves.I couldnt get motivated before kick off so you can imagine how i feel now.When i cant sleep tonight and they fetch me a camode at least i will be able to sh1t easy enough.
Owen Fecking Hargreaves i've said it before...............why
The excuse we get from our  great players "it was a bit warm" Brazil,Argentina and the likes are going to be bricking themselves over the German weather.
I know we won but to be honest can anyone see us even getting past the quarters after that,hope i'm wrong but with that tactically in ept swede in charge and the new England manager sitting next to him..............its going to be a very long time yet lads.

Anyway thats my daily post at the mo,hope i.m able to post something a bit better later,,,,,,,,,phil
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:00 pm

drummerphil wrote:My god that was sh1t,even first half i couldnt agree with the panel at half time.Well lads if thats the best we have bar Rooney,i bet sweden and trinidad and tobago are p1ssing themselves.I couldnt get motivated before kick off so you can imagine how i feel now.When i cant sleep tonight and they fetch me a camode at least i will be able to sh1t easy enough.
The excuse we get from our  great players "it was a bit warm" Brazil,Argentina and the likes are going to be bricking themselves over the German weather.
I know we won but to be honest can anyone see us even getting past the quarters after that,hope i'm wrong but with that tactically in ept swede in charge and the new England manager sitting next to him..............its going to be a very long time yet lads.

Anyway thats my daily post at the mo,hope i.m able to post something a bit better later,,,,,,,,,phil

Good to see you posting mate

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:35 pm

Mikz wrote:Now the big debate will follow-who is really to blame.
That referee was a bit hyper, he was making the players nervous especially the goalkeepers.
Three points in the bag anyway, in that soaring heat is acceptable enough for most.

Who do you support ?

Thought so.
66-1112520797

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:09 pm

Job done but lots of room for improvement.  Crouch and Stevie worked hard for the team and ran afoul of an unbelievably fussy ref (I guess an opposition player is not allowed to challenge for headers in Mexico...and what was with the foul throws?).  Joe Cole looked the most likely to make something happen but didn't get the touches after the substitition.

Speaking of, I thought Downing was average and Hargreaves was his usual useless self.  What kind of substitutions were those?  Throw on Lennon late on FFS--Beckham was fading, and Lennon could have injected some pace and given Paraguay something to worry about.

The defense looked a little shaky at times too--I've not seen Terry give the ball away so many times before and Rio had a few rush-of-blood moments.

On the bright side, they're top of the group and Sweden aren't looking great at the moment either.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:28 pm

Don't be too negative. Gamarra, Acuña, those óld bástards are good at their defensive stuff, in football it's not always about you want to play good football, it's about the oposition too, and Paraguay is a team that makes you playing bad. It's a good result, a win is a win.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:59 pm

[quote="Sabre"][/quote]
I would of liked to have seen a more flowing match, the ref was stopping the game all the time and booked Gerrard for no reason, the Paraguay player dived.  :D

I thought we could of been better, but England never start the cup competitions in a great style. We usually draw or lose. But we won today. We will have a tough time against Trinidad & Tabago especially seeing as they were able to hold Sweden with 10 men and could of won the game. So we'll need to up our game against them and Sweden.

Apprantely Sven's only just realised Theo Walcott's not ready for International appearances.  :veryangry

I could of :censored: told the :censored: :censored: that, we should of taken Fowler, the best box finisher in the World Bar none, but no we take someone's whose never played a Premiership match. That could be a costly situation.

Anyway we've got three points, lets build on that and get into the last 16.

I hope the Argentina vs Ivory Coast match is a good match. I've been on an anti-climax with the last three matches. Lets hope this match is another great match like Germany vs Costa Rica was yesterday.
48-1119859832

Postby GOAT » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:18 pm

Well that was a rather poor performance..but 3 points in the bag and in very hot conditions. Plus we didnt even get near to our best and we comfortably beat paraguay, so its not that bad. Im sure we will be a lot better against T&T, and T&T wont get lucky twice, they wont be able to get another goalless draw
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby shanks72 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:19 pm

drummerphil wrote:My that was sh1t,even first half i couldnt agree with the panel at half time.Well lads if thats the best we have bar Rooney,i bet sweden and trinidad and tobago are p1ssing themselves.I couldnt get motivated before kick off so you can imagine how i feel now.When i cant sleep tonight and they fetch me a camode at least i will be able to sh1t easy enough.

Yeah, nice to see you Phil!

:)
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:49 pm

shanks72 wrote:
drummerphil wrote:My that was sh1t,even first half i couldnt agree with the panel at half time.Well lads if thats the best we have bar Rooney,i bet sweden and trinidad and tobago are p1ssing themselves.I couldnt get motivated before kick off so you can imagine how i feel now.When i cant sleep tonight and they fetch me a camode at least i will be able to sh1t easy enough.

Yea good to see you Phil.

Was a very poor performance i must say but we know that that certainly wasnt England at their best. We played at about 10% and beat paraguay comfortably. Im sure we can up our performance a hell of a lot from what we saw today. Im not going to put down our chances after that, i still think we can do it
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Gaunt » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:09 pm

GOAT wrote:
shanks72 wrote:

Yea good to see you Phil.

Was a very poor performance i must say but we know that that certainly wasnt England at their best. We played at about 10% and beat paraguay comfortably. Im sure we can up our performance a hell of a lot from what we saw today. Im not going to put down our chances after that, i still think we can do it

I think your being very blinkered if your saying that was only 10% and putting blind faith into England playing a hell of a lot better. Of course England can and most likely will play better in the next few games the players won't instantly become world beaters. Theres a reason that Englands best play a lot worse for England than they do for their clubs and its the tactics employed.

Obviously Gerrard and Lampard are too similar in the center, they both like getting forward and it leaves gaps in midfield that can put the center backs under pressure. As was said by Eamon Dunphy earlier England need a playmaker that can sit back and spray the ball to start attacks and unlock defenses, there is no ball playing playmaker in the center of the England midfield. Lampard and Gerrard both prefer to be on the end of the moves rather than creating them. The creativity is sorely lacking and a lot of the times today long ball tactics were used with Crouch and he isn't great in the air, he prefers the ball played to his feet to hold it up and link play. FWIW i'd sacrifice Lampard to the bench and maybe play Carrick as the holding midfielder. But i can see England struggling to break down the better teams unless Rooney is able to get fit and can preform in a match coming straight back in.
Gaunt

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:12 pm

GOAT wrote:Well that was a rather poor performance..but 3 points in the bag and in very hot conditions. Plus we didnt even get near to our best and we comfortably beat paraguay, so its not that bad. Im sure we will be a lot better against T&T, and T&T wont get lucky twice, they wont be able to get another goalless draw

We need to worry about ourselves and not worry about what Trinidad and Tabago do. I'll tell you this now, if we play like we did today against Trinidad, we could well find ourselves losing the match. We need to be more venomous up top and need to be more creative in midfield, as well as more solid at the back.

I think the ref spoilt the game today, with needless bookings and refused to play the advantage, not to mention a strange bias towards Paraguay.  :D

Sweden didn't look great today but we haven't beaten them in who knows how long, so we shall be in for a test, but I think we can qualify top of the group.
48-1119859832

Postby GOAT » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:14 pm

I dont reckon we will play that badly again, we know that was a really poor performance by us but it means we can only get better now. I fancy the real england to run out against T&T and get a comfortable win
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion