English talent out of england

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby mr_weed_80@hotmail.com » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:59 pm

sorry for this topic being unrelated to liverpool
but with so much foreign talent in england from abroad, and little english talent capable of coming through, maybe its time some of the british players tried themselves out in other countries

many english talents have played for teams such as inter, real madrid etc. it always makes me feel proud when fans from other countries are cheering on british players e.g. robbie keane at inter and beckham at real madrid

maybe loaning some of our young british players to spain may be beneficial for club and country
what do you lot think you crazy bunch of fridge magnets???
mr_weed_80@hotmail.com

Postby ICE-MAN » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:14 pm

U may change ur last comment mate, Robbie Keane is Irish not British.

Republic of Ireland is not part of Britain!!! :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:35 pm

Its a nice ideal but why would you leave the best league in the world?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mr_weed_80@hotmail.com » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:02 pm

yer but ireland is practically britain, i don't care if loads of irish people hate us, cos we like them weeey  :D

n tru say about the greatest league, but maybe just leave to realise how great this league is hehe  :buttrock
mr_weed_80@hotmail.com

Postby redmikey » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:12 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Its a nice ideal but why would you leave the best league in the world?

because you can't get a game, and your transfere fee iss 5 mill plus  after 10 prem games if you are young ,fast and liked by the press
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:13 pm

greatest league?  More like pays the most money.  I think European clubs are very reluctant to buy british due to the fact that technically they feel british players are behind.

I mean its not like you ever read about european clubs trying to snap up 15 & 16 year olds from the UK.  Yet English clubs are always looking to snap up teenagers from abroad.
puroresu

Postby redmikey » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:22 pm

puroresu wrote:greatest league?  More like pays the most money.  I think European clubs are very reluctant to buy british due to the fact that technically they feel british players are behind.

I mean its not like you ever read about european clubs trying to snap up 15 & 16 year olds from the UK.  Yet English clubs are always looking to snap up teenagers from abroad.

i agree with that

look at the man city right back, richards

only this country would love a player because he is big and strong and fast for his age .. no mention of what he is like with the ball

to much focus imho in this country is making the players athletes first and footballers second, mattew le tiss wouldn't get a game now a days because of his fitness levels
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:25 pm

puroresu wrote:greatest league?  More like pays the most money.  I think European clubs are very reluctant to buy british due to the fact that technically they feel british players are behind.

Greatest league? In my book absolutely YES.

The most exciting league, the league with the most desire, guts and passion. The league with the highest attendances, even our second division (the championship) has higher attendances than Serie A!!

I listen to the likes of Henry and what he had to say about the fans, the passion and the respect in this league and then I think about the racist chanting, violence and poor attendances that are symptomatic of other top European leagues and I come to the view that this is the best league in the world at the moment. It's more popular than any other league in the world. It's partly down to money - lik eeverything in life, but we've always been passionate about football in this country - more so than I've seen anywhere else.

There is a deficit in young English talent and technically we're not as sound, but you look at the success of the Spanish national team and all the technical players they have - yet they have never won anything and have a poor international record (sorry Sabre, just making a point).
LFC2007

Postby mr_weed_80@hotmail.com » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:34 pm

imagine if you mixed the flair of brazil, the technique of spain and the heart of britain...you would so kick :censored:
oh wait, i guess thats what liverpool is  :buttrock
mr_weed_80@hotmail.com

Postby Sabre » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:38 pm

This should go in another place, I think. Not LFC related

Anyway, answering your question. English and Irish internationals are considered simillarly here because in our view you have common values, no matter how badly you get along between yourselves. You like tea,  you have dinner at 5PM, that sort of things .

Players of the islands are well regarded here and are considered good professionas.Not only at the Beckham, Owen, or Mcmanaman level, but also at the Samways, Ian Harte level.

They might cut or not in the Spanish league, but except for Dalian Atkinson I don't recall a single players of the islands being problematic outside the pitch. The likes of Michael Robinson, Sammy Lee, Kevin Richardson, Mark Hugues, Gary Lineker, had different amount of success but were considered good professionals always.

Making a pattern of their game is difficult though as the players I've mentioned had nothing to do with each other.

The most impressive english player I've seen is Michael Owen. I had seen him in the TV for LFC, but I had to suffer him in my local stadium when he came with the white (black that day) shirt of Real Madrid. It was as if he had some sort of trigger in the brain, he was the first in the pitch to notice that a relevant movement or pass was being made in the back side of the pitch, because he first started to roam to a certain position, and then started a race off the ball that with the correct pass it tore you apart.

He was fúcking impressive off the ball and finishing. And he was humble in a team of Armani boys.

Beckham is a player I respect too. Since he was a manc and the husband of a spice girl, I didn't respect him much. In my local club we don't like girlies and the people started to mock him. But he received a couple of tackles and stood up without moaning and that gained the respect of the crowd. He was tougher than we all thought. He played last season with pain in the back and didn't stop playing. His touch and set pieces was one of the best I've seen.

McManaman was not of the class of the last two, but he earnt my respect in Spain too. Nobody in Madrid gave a fúck for him, and they  always said he was leaving. He was just a good footballer, but he had not the glamour of the big names. But through hard work and hard training he proved many people wrong here.

Not English, but Grobelaar was the best goalie I've seen in the old ground :D it was a friendly between the two clubs of my heart and it was a boring 0-0. Grobelaar started to joke with the south goal crowd, in a good manner. We threw some sort of sharp paper planes (eighties fashion) that got stick in the pitch and he made thumb up signs when they reached far. He was very funnny.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:48 pm

Sabre wrote:The most impressive english player I've seen is Michael Owen. I had seen him in the TV for LFC, but I had to suffer him in my local stadium when he came with the white (black that day) shirt of Real Madrid. It was as if he had some sort of trigger in the brain, he was the first in the pitch to notice that a relevant movement or pass was being made in the back side of the pitch, because he first started to roam to a certain position, and then started a race off the ball that with the correct pass it tore you apart.

well said about owen... but i think he would take some time to get back to that kind of level... well good for us if he's still a magpie...

imagine if you mixed the flair of brazil, the technique of spain and the heart of britain...you would so kick

this was the france team of 98 IMO
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:42 pm

Anyway, answering your question. English and Irish internationals are considered simillarly here because in our view you have common values, no matter how badly you get along between yourselves. You like tea,  you have dinner at 5PM, that sort of things

What do you do them ?

Eat your dinner at midnight and drink white spirits ? :D
66-1112520797

Postby bigmick » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:51 pm

This is a wind-up thread from a wind-up merchant. Fridge magnets? David Beckham? Do me a favour. Just so's I know, when is the unveiling ceremony, you know the "Feck you you dozy scousers, I'm actually a ManUtd/Everton fan and I had you fooled all along  :D " bit?

I do so enjoy those endings, and I think it's the highly original nature of them that gets me every time.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:06 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
Anyway, answering your question. English and Irish internationals are considered simillarly here because in our view you have common values, no matter how badly you get along between yourselves. You like tea,  you have dinner at 5PM, that sort of things

What do you do them ?

Eat your dinner at midnight and drink white spirits ? :D

To echo Luis Garcia, he says he likes Scousers but he doesn't like the fact that in England the people doesn't go out that much at nights. Here you eat the dinner at 9PM and it's a strong meal, unlike you that you take the supper, which is lighter. After dinner it's quite usual to go out down to a pub or street bar to enjoy a bit the night (in summers). Luis Garcia complains that life is a bit more familiar  in that sense.

Sorry Bigmick, I suspected it might be a wind up merchant, but wans't 100% sure and I tried to make a decent post about the high regard the players of the islands have.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mr_weed_80@hotmail.com » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:48 pm

bigmick, trust me im 100% liverpool n the reason i said fridge magnet is cos i was rambling n in a happy mood
i didnt realise that everything had to be taken so seriously
:(
mr_weed_80@hotmail.com

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion