NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:55 pm

Christie you fecking gobsh.ite what have you done , spineless bas.tard
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:57 pm

NANNY RED wrote:is it right Rafa is on radio merseyside tomorrow giving an interview , few people have said it ,

Hes not selling his house because hes coming back  :nod

Cheers for the link...great honest interview from a special type of man!

YNWA RAFA!! :bowdown
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:59 pm

"The people of Liverpool are fighters and ever since i got here i was fighting for them"

IS RIGHT RAFA LAD , IS FU.CKING RIGHT
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:59 pm

Purslow = kunt

We will back i am not selling my house its our home  :buttrock

And as for the people on here throwing digs in about moneys hes given hes even give a decent amount to the Rhys Jones foundation, so stick that in your pipes and smoke it.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:03 pm

HE WILL BE BACK BECAUSE THIS IS WHERE HE BELONGS,

Did i hear right when he said its my house and Hicks cant take that away from me ,
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:07 pm

NANNY RED wrote:HE WILL BE BACK BECAUSE THIS IS WHERE HE BELONGS,

Did i hear right when he said its my house and Hicks cant take that away from me ,

Purslow wants his house doesnt he? Well in Rafa dont sell it, i cannot wait for this b@stard to p!ss off our of our club.
And he can stick Hodgeson up his @rse.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:30 pm

If there's a link to that interview I'd love to listen. I presume it'll be on the in demand service once they've had time to upload it?
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:05 pm

LFC2007 wrote:If there's a link to that interview I'd love to listen. I presume it'll be on the in demand service once they've had time to upload it?

i think city are gonna do it as a podcast mate ,

deffo worth a listen
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:13 pm

Why didn't anyone put the link up here ???
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:16 pm

In and Out wrote:Why didn't anyone put the link up here ???

i did but noone took any notice of me as usual. :;):

I just realised i stuck it in the new managers thread .  :laugh:
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:46 am

Liverpool FC's former manager Rafael Benitez has donated an undisclosed amount to the Rhys Jones Memorial Fund.

His cash injection will help build the new community centre in memory of the 11-year-old who was shot dead in Croxteth in 2007.

The new Inter Milan boss arranged for a cheque to be delivered to the Jones family on Thursday.

Mr Benitez said: "In all my time at Liverpool this is one of the stories that affected me most."

Rhys Jones was gunned down while walking home from football training through the Croxteth Park Estate.

His killer Sean Mercer was convicted two years later after a lengthy police investigation and scores of arrests of gang members across Liverpool.

Mr Benitez added: "I am doing this on behalf of the people that cannot. I know that every person on Merseyside would have loved to give the fund a donation but they are in hard times and can't find the extra cash.

Full article http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/mers ... 409916.stm

:bowdown  :bowdown
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:16 am

NANNY RED wrote:Liverpool FC's former manager Rafael Benitez has donated an undisclosed amount to the Rhys Jones Memorial Fund.

Full article http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/mers ... 409916.stm

:bowdown  :bowdown

Just as my heart was about to mend, you broke it again Nan with articles such as that. :down:

Top bloke Rafa, for the umpteenth time, I gonna miss you Rafa.  :bowdown  :bowdown
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:00 am

Everything changed last season but I’ll be back to Liverpool scratchchin.gif , says Rafael Benitez

Jun 25 2010 by David Randles, Liverpool Daily Post

RAFAEL BENITEZ has claimed ‘everything changed’ at Liverpool last season and that he will return to the city one day.

The Spaniard left Anfield by mutual consent earlier this month after a disappointing campaign in which his team finished seventh in the Premier League and failed to qualify for the Champions League just a year after narrowly missing out on the league title.

Reflecting on his six years on Merseyside, the new Inter Milan manager claims his final year at Anfield was made difficult due to changes of personnel at the club.

“This year everything changed from the beginning,” said Benitez.

“The people in the club changed and then the approach was different. unsure.gif

“Clearly there was the question of controlling the money we could or couldn’t spend. From the beginning of the season everything was different to in the past. We were so close to winning the title the season before. Everybody was expecting us to do something more. But we had problems from the beginning with injuries and performances. That led to a bit of frustration and you could see the atmosphere at the club was different at the end of the season.

“Now, during the summer, you can see the fans are not very happy.

“I enjoyed the first five years especially but the last year was more difficult. But the memories after six years have been really good overall.”

Despite a strained relationship with the club’s owners, Tom Hicks and George Gillett, Benitez describes his sadness at his departure and paid tribute to the Liverpool supporters

“I was really sad to leave Liverpool,” said the 50-year-old. “It’s really sad but you have to move forward. I always say to my family that you cannot stay talking too much, or complain too much.

“The people of Liverpool are fighters and I came here fighting from the beginning until the end. I was really pleased at Liverpool where the fans were amazing. Now I have to think about the future. I must move forward and do the best for my new club.”

As Liverpool faltered last season, Benitez provided the guarantee of a top four finish. It was a promise he could not keep and the former Valencia boss admits to making mistakes during his time at the club.

“Every manager can make mistakes,” he says. “We know we made some mistakes. But if you analyse them in the context of the decision, sometimes you have to do these things.

“For example, if you play two holding midfielders maybe it’s because you don’t have the offensive midfielders you need.

“Some journalists like to analyse but don’t always know exactly what’s going on. It’s difficult to have to explain every single day. But all managers make mistakes and will continue to do so in the future.”

Benitez always maintained his family were settled in England and has said he intends to keep their home on the Wirral.

“I can guarantee one thing,” he finished. “I will not sell my house. It is our home here.

“We will come back. I don’t know when, but we will come back for sure.”
Benny The Noon

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:44 am

nice interview by Rafa

but can i pick up on one point.

“This year everything changed from the beginning,” said Benitez.

“The people in the club changed and then the approach was different.

that might be due to Rafas own actions, before the start of the season rafa got rid of loads of staff, even the kit man, so yes all the new staff did not know how things work and would have given a different feel to the place.

he was unable to keep a big player leaving and i would take it that this also left a bad feeling at the club.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion