Rafa benitez - Updates

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:29 pm

neil wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
neil wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:I hope you are ready for reality of next season when even 7th place will be seen as a major result

lol, drugs.

No reality - get ready for a big hard smack in the face off it over the next season .

dont go the match talkin like that buddy(like that would ever happen) or you'll soon learn the meanin of a smack in the face. This is liverpool fc fans forum.

What are you talking about ?! We are going downhill fast and IMO we are going to loose some big players over the summer and he money won't be made available to replace them so finishing 7th over the next few seasons will be a good season. . Get used to it .
Benny The Noon

Postby red37 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:54 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Ciggy wrote:He will be back one day, under a new owner, he has unfinished buisness here.

Hope so Kid ...

Looks like the queen mother him. Same gob anyway.

edit: F*ck me its in yer sig Red  :laugh:  I thought you'd stuck a photo up of Broughton!  :D
Last edited by red37 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby zarababe » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:04 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
fivecups wrote:THE ECHO can exclusively reveal that Rafa Benitez today donated £96,000 to the Hillsborough Family Support Group as he gets set to leave Merseyside.

The former Liverpool FC boss, who was today confirmed as the new manager at Inter Milan, handed over the cheque to Margaret Aspinall, chairwoman of the HFSG, as the rest of the committee watched on this afternoon.

In a low key visit to the group's office, Benitez wished the group well and told them he hoped they would get the justice and the truth they are campaigning for.

Mrs Aspinall said: "It was just nice to know that he wanted to see us before he went."

Very nice touch from Rafa  :)

And theres you moaning about his pay off Ben, do you feel a bit guilty now?

Nice one Rafa top Man  :)

Guilt - not in this place doll, they don't know a genuine guy when they see him...  :no

Class is permanent !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:58 pm

Good luck Rafa, he gave us some our fondest memories especially in Europe, too bad it didnt work out. I personally hope and think he will do will well at Inter Milan. :)
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:14 pm

Ciggy wrote:He will be back one day, under a new owner, he has unfinished buisness here.

God that would be brilliant that Cigg , thats me dream sorted for tonight now, :;):
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:59 pm

fivecups wrote:THE ECHO can exclusively reveal that Rafa Benitez today donated £96,000 to the Hillsborough Family Support Group as he gets set to leave Merseyside.

The former Liverpool FC boss, who was today confirmed as the new manager at Inter Milan, handed over the cheque to Margaret Aspinall, chairwoman of the HFSG, as the rest of the committee watched on this afternoon.

In a low key visit to the group's office, Benitez wished the group well and told them he hoped they would get the justice and the truth they are campaigning for.

Mrs Aspinall said: "It was just nice to know that he wanted to see us before he went."

:bowdown
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:43 pm

Julio-0 wrote:Welcome Rafa  Image

He is only on loan, to yous. he belongs here with us, and one day soon he will rightly return to his people,

Look after him for us. And respect him. the man deserves it,

To think that them four sh.itehouses have drove out someone who totaly got us, adored us, was one of us, is just sickening

RAFA IS A SCOUSER , NOW THAT IS FACT
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:33 am

Benny The Noon wrote:What are you talking about ?! We are going downhill fast and IMO we are going to loose some big players over the summer and he money won't be made available to replace them so finishing 7th over the next few seasons will be a good season. . Get used to it .

Firstly its lose not loose, one of my pet hates  :D
Secondly you all moan at lakes for coming out with statements as if they are facts.
You my friend are doing the same.
You THINK we will LOSE  :D key players, but you dont KNOW.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby tubby » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:36 am

Just out of curiosity did Houllier give anything when he left?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:14 pm

no, not even peanuts
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:32 pm

There's been a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth since he was made redundant by the club with quite a few posters and other fans I know going on about the how the next appointment, should it be Roy, would mean a massive player exodus (notably Gerrard and Torres) and the  resulting funds being used to line the pockets of T&T and not the betterment of the club.

If this is going to happen, then it would have been a BASE case, regardless of the manager..... If this was in T & T's plan all along, Gerrard and Torres would have been placed for sale regardless who was the manager.

IMO, if you think that we would have held on to those two if Benitez was still around, it would have been a naive expectation.
Could it be, this was why Rafa decided to go at a reduced compensation package? Maybe he did not want it to happen on his watch? Maybe he'd rather go to another club where all the pieces were already there rather than watch us self destruct and being powerless to stop it after he had invested so much of himself into the club?

We'll never know unless one party decides to spill the beans and we all know that's never going to happen. Just like we'll never know if Torres and Gerrard leaving would be the result of the new manager or the old manager.

If we do appoint Roy ahead of Kenny, we WILL get an inkling and I feel that we'll deffo lose Torres and Gerrard. IMHO, the ONLY manager currently available who is capable of keeping those 2 is Kenny and that makes him Hobson's choice.
ConnO'var

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:24 am

ConnO'var wrote:If we do appoint Roy ahead of Kenny, we WILL get an inkling and I feel that we'll deffo lose Torres and Gerrard. IMHO, the ONLY manager currently available who is capable of keeping those 2 is Kenny and that makes him Hobson's choice.

Spot on...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:25 am

Moratti: We didn't want 'Mourinho imitator'

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti claims they chose Rafael Benitez as their new coach because of his differences to Jose Mourinho.

Massimo Moratti saw Inter win the Treble under Jose Mourinho

Benitez was confirmed as Inter boss on Thursday and the former Liverpool manager, who has signed a two-year deal at the San Siro, will be presented on Tuesday.

Moratti has reiterated that the Spaniard was always their first choice to take over the mantle at the European champions following Mourinho's departure to Real Madrid.

"Benitez was the underlying choice, the one we chose first, then after we had others who came in and offered themselves, but he was always the person we thought was best suited to this situation,'' Moratti said. "We chose him because we think he can guarantee our future, I hope this happens.

"From a human point of view he seems to me to be a substantial person, he has different characteristics to Mourinho but that is also important because as I said right from the beginning I didn't want a Mourinho imitator but I wanted someone who would have their own characteristics, their own personality, and he has that.

"He is a very serious person, a great worker, which was the main thing, and moreover he has a good experience of European football. Our choice is prudent, it's careful, and we hope that destiny proves us right.''
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:54 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:What are you talking about ?! We are going downhill fast and IMO we are going to loose some big players over the summer and he money won't be made available to replace them so finishing 7th over the next few seasons will be a good season. . Get used to it .

Firstly its lose not loose, one of my pet hates  :D
Secondly you all moan at lakes for coming out with statements as if they are facts.
You my friend are doing the same.
You THINK we will LOSE  :D key players, but you dont KNOW.

I think the clue that he wasn't talking as though it were facts is in the "IMO" part of his post.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:54 pm

yes, however the only apparent intended statement of fact "we are going downhill fast" should have read "we went downhill fast" and replaced his worship.
Last edited by neil on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion