Rafa benitez - Updates

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 pm

bavlondon wrote:Thanks for posting that RBG. Will wait till it is available on demand and will stick it on my phone. I have one of his interviews in Spanish on my phone too. Haven't got a clue what he is saying :D but I will soon. Im learning Spanish now!

So am I (for 4 months), my first Spanish teacher pronounced V for veinte the same way as we do but my second one pronounces it as 'B" so  I pronounce "beinte" for the number 20.

I think the regions have their own pronounciations. S.A is also very different but easier to pronounce for me.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:18 am

I just finished listening that interview. Brilliant, especially the commentary from Aldo from so many memorable games :bowdown It made me feel a lot better about Rafa's time at the club. Whatever his failings on the pitch in the end, he gave us some unbelievable experiences and didn't half work hard for this club, the fans and the people in the city. He'll always have my respect. Maybe one day further down the line if everything's right he could come back and finish off the job.
LFC2007

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:31 am

LFC2007 wrote:I just finished listening that interview. Brilliant, especially the commentary from Aldo from so many memorable games :bowdown It made me feel a lot better about Rafa's time at the club. Whatever his failings on the pitch in the end, he gave us some unbelievable experiences and didn't half work hard for this club, the fans and the people in the city. He'll always have my respect. Maybe one day further down the line if everything's right he could come back and finish off the job.

i feel the same, great man, did a decent job but i felt the time was right to change the manager.
He is a top manager and i hope he does brilliant at inter. But i seriously think that he wouldnt have done that this coming season here.
If they bring in someone that isnt fit to lace his boots/shoes then i will also be gutted, but a change was needed deffo.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Big Niall » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:37 am

he wanted to sell alonso to PART finance barry.

no wonder we finished 7th.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:17 am

:censored: off
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:58 pm

bavlondon wrote: :censored: off

why? because I'm not crying about the departure of  a man who tried to sell Alonso to part finance the wonderful Gareth Barry, a man who led us to 7th?

the sentimental tripe on this thread is a joke, "finish off the job" what job? finishing 7th?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:09 pm

LFC2007 wrote:I just finished listening that interview. Brilliant, especially the commentary from Aldo from so many memorable games :bowdown It made me feel a lot better about Rafa's time at the club. Whatever his failings on the pitch in the end, he gave us some unbelievable experiences and didn't half work hard for this club, the fans and the people in the city. He'll always have my respect. Maybe one day further down the line if everything's right he could come back and finish off the job.

Good post

I don't think there will be a second Rafa era, though.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Molby's bellybutton fluff » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:32 pm

He was a good guy who tried his best. He did brilliantly to win the ECL with some of the rubbish Houllier left him, and when Gerrard did his Roy of the Rovers bit to win us the FA Cup single handed it looked as if we were onto something. It didn't work out in the end as we all know, but he gave it his best shot and evey genuine Liverpool fan will wish him well.

At Inter he's taking over the European Champions and the team has won everything for the last few years. He's also got money to spend, so really the pieces are all in place for some success for him at last. Four seasons without a trophy is too long for a man of Rafa's calibre, and I'm sure he'll break his sequence this season in Italy. Good luck to him.
Molby's bellybutton fluff

Postby Big Niall » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:02 pm

Molby's bellybutton fluff wrote:He was a good guy who tried his best. He did brilliantly to win the ECL with some of the rubbish Houllier left him, and when Gerrard did his Roy of the Rovers bit to win us the FA Cup single handed it looked as if we were onto something. It didn't work out in the end as we all know, but he gave it his best shot and evey genuine Liverpool fan will wish him well.

At Inter he's taking over the European Champions and the team has won everything for the last few years. He's also got money to spend, so really the pieces are all in place for some success for him at last. Four seasons without a trophy is too long for a man of Rafa's calibre, and I'm sure he'll break his sequence this season in Italy. Good luck to him.

Taking over from the greatest manager in the world and having the best team in Europe and a team that won the league 4 years in a row, means that failure to win the league will be a disaster for him.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:24 pm

Molby's bellybutton fluff wrote:He was a good guy who tried his best. He did brilliantly to win the ECL with some of the rubbish Houllier left him, and when Gerrard did his Roy of the Rovers bit to win us the FA Cup single handed it looked as if we were onto something. It didn't work out in the end as we all know, but he gave it his best shot and evey genuine Liverpool fan will wish him well.

Roy of the Rovers ??? now where pray tell have I heard that before  :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Julio-0 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:36 pm

Big Niall wrote:that won the league 4 years in a row

:grinning:
Julio-0

Postby In and Out » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:37 pm

I think many 'Liverpool fans' will ironically defect to Italian football now :laugh:
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:07 pm

In and Out wrote:I think many 'Liverpool fans' will ironically defect to Italian football now :laugh:

Or sneaking around with an Nom De Plume whilst banned
Look ...you can leave your room you know nobody's  going to comment on the length of  your beard  ..... Ben Gunn  :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:35 pm

In and Out wrote:I think many 'Liverpool fans' will ironically defect to Italian football now :laugh:

No, that happened a while ago.

Look the Mourinho thread.  :)

Personally I've always found the Italian league boring, and this season that won't change
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Molby's bellybutton fluff » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:44 pm

Italian football is in the dark ages as far as watching it is concerned. Mind you ours ain't much better in England. The two teams in the World Cup who absolutely stunk the place out were Italy and England.
Molby's bellybutton fluff

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion