Rafa benitez - Updates

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:06 am

Lakes - do one with your cr.ap
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:46 am

lakes10 wrote:nice interview by Rafa

but can i pick up on one point.

“This year everything changed from the beginning,” said Benitez.

“The people in the club changed and then the approach was different.

that might be due to Rafas own actions, before the start of the season rafa got rid of loads of staff, even the kit man, so yes all the new staff did not know how things work and would have given a different feel to the place.

he was unable to keep a big player leaving and i would take it that this also left a bad feeling at the club.

You really cant help your fucking self can you  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:00 pm

He's entitled to his opinion. As far as Liverpool and Rafa's achievements with LFC are concerned; he never walked on water as some would have you believe.

A gent of a man, class, dignity and humanity Rafa seems to have in abundance, it's truly a shame his football never quite lived up to the undoubted class that Rafa the man holds.
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:07 pm

Its also a shame a small minority of fans (who incidentally seem to frequent the same forum ) were devoid of the same class you speak of
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:10 pm

Yeah, like if the cap fits wear it I say .
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:16 pm

If you had any class you would stay well clear of this thread ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:19 pm

I have not entered this thread to disrespect the man like you did lakes.

Turning this 'nice' thread into a personal slanging match exhibits that lack of *cough* class you have " ??? ".
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:04 pm

Nothing new or fresh to add just a tired old formula  .......Like I said best to stay well clear :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:28 pm

Taken from the Rhys Jones memorial fund site

The £1.5 million development is just yards from where Rhys honed his football skills and will include a purpose-built sports facility when it is built. RJMF are roughly half way there in securing the money needed to deliver it.

Melanie Jones, Rhys' mum said: “I'm lost for words really. This is so kind of Rafa and his family and we are once again overwhelmed by the generosity. He didn't have to do this and we have let him know just what a difference it will make to this project. Something good will come out of our tragedy if we manage to keep Rhys' story in the hearts and minds of everyone.

“Rafa Benitez is a gentleman and we cannot thank him enough for this, Rhys was mad about his football and we are so proud that both Liverpool and Everton have come together to help us keep awareness of what we are trying to do. We look forward to showing Rafa and his family around the centre when it is built”

Rhys' dad Stephen Jones added: “It's an amazing gesture, and as Melanie says the football clubs together with the players and managers have been a great help ever since we lost Rhys. We will put the money to great use and continue to try and sing the praises of sport over joining gangs or getting involved in crime. It's really given the family an amazing boost this.”

If you require any further information on the Rhys Jones Memorial Fund or this release then please contact Peter McDowall via email: [email]peter@rhysjonesmemorialfund.co.uk.[/email] **Please note that we will not release the amount of money being donated on the request of Mr Rafa Benitez.

R.I.P Rhys
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:49 pm

lakes10 wrote:nice interview by Rafa

but can i pick up on one point.

“This year everything changed from the beginning,” said Benitez.

“The people in the club changed and then the approach was different.

that might be due to Rafas own actions, before the start of the season rafa got rid of loads of staff, even the kit man, so yes all the new staff did not know how things work and would have given a different feel to the place.

he was unable to keep a big player leaving and i would take it that this also left a bad feeling at the club.

You know what Lakesy.. sometimes it is better not to 'pick' on everything.. anlayse every detail and find reason to criticise for the sake of it.

Your views are known by most regualr posters.. lets leave it and understand who gave the interview and his perspective !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:02 pm

This is the Radio City link for the Benitez interview .....but it will not be available to listen to on line until after 6pm Saturday

Radio City Rafa Interview

Former Liverpool FC manager Rafa Benitez speaks to Liverpool commentator Steve Hothersall, in a one hour interview exclusively for Radio City 96.7.

In this one of his last interviews before he departs for Milan Benitez talks openly of the highs and the lows of his reign at Anfield, including 'that' golf club incident between Craig Bellamy and John Arne Risse; together with recalling some of his favourite memories as Liverpool manager, including the Champions League win and FA Cup success.

Despite Liverpool’s performance this season, Rafa reveals that he still looks back at that historic night in Istanbul in 2005 and says "it will be the best ever Champions League final in history".

Benitez can reflect on his time at Anfield with pride, he hails the signing of Fernando Torres as one of his best, and also revealed that Torres thought it was a friend playing a joke on him when he called him to say he wanted to bring him to the legendry club.

Listen to the interview again on Saturday afternoon during City Sport between 2pm and 6pm on Radio City 96.7 and City Talk 105.9. The interview will able available online from 6pm on Saturday evening.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:18 pm

Thanks for posting that RBG. Will wait till it is available on demand and will stick it on my phone. I have one of his interviews in Spanish on my phone too. Haven't got a clue what he is saying :D but I will soon. Im learning Spanish now!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:46 am

ohhhh Ola.. Vamos Vamos Argentina.. :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:38 pm

In Rafas own words  "Christian Purslow is in charge and the club gave him his way " ..... and he is now currently mulling over who our new manager will be ..... So FUCK YOU and your choice of manager you obnoxious tw@t  us Scousers tend not to forget the people who wrong us ......... and your cards have well and truly been marked.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:10 pm

Keris wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Liverpool FC's former manager Rafael Benitez has donated an undisclosed amount to the Rhys Jones Memorial Fund.

Full article http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/mers ... 409916.stm

:bowdown  :bowdown

Just as my heart was about to mend, you broke it again Nan with articles such as that. :down:

Top bloke Rafa, for the umpteenth time, I gonna miss you Rafa.  :bowdown  :bowdown

Couldn't he have turned down the 3m pounds he was offered to leave instead of holding our for 6m? LFC has 6m less to spend because of this.

It takes more than a few quid to charity to cover up that.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion