Rafa benitez - Updates

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby In and Out » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:00 pm

zarababe wrote:

:down: I'm so sad..

todaythe media's sold off all our best players and the only man on our side...

Well spoke to all the players good to hear...

Lost the dressing room.. what a pileof cro.ck  :angry:

If I recall recently, you were the one jumping up and down getting your knickers in a twist chastising Gerrard for not coming out and praising Rafa.

Have a fickle word with yourself.

by the way, good luck to Rafa at Inter.
Last edited by In and Out on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:34 pm

Yeah good luck to him, so long as he stays the :censored: away from our players. Although it could be too late for that even.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:14 pm

Courtesy of The Liverpool Echo

RAFA BENITEZ has refused to rule out returning to Anfield with a swoop for Javier Mascherano after being unveiled as Inter manager.

The former Liverpool boss faced the media in Italy yesterday and was immediately grilled on who he would add to a squad that won the Champions League last season.

Predictably, Benitez – as was the case during his time on Merseyside – would not speak about players from other clubs nor would he talk in detail about the Reds.

However, there is little doubt Benitez will attempt to lure Mascherano to the San Siro once the midfielder’s World Cup campaign with Argentina is over.

Though it looked as if Mascherano would sign a contract extension with Liverpool, his future has been shrouded in doubt for some time since talks stalled in April.

What’s more, Benitez and Mascherano have a close relationship and, clearly, they would jump at the chance to work with each other again if the chance arose.

Mascherano, perhaps mischievously, admitted after Argentina’s win over Nigeria at the weekend that he has been learning to speak Italian during his time in South Africa.

He also revealed in an interview earlier this month that his wife has been unable to settle in Liverpool, factors that mean his likely to end his Reds career this summer.

Liverpool paid £18.6m to sign Mascherano in January 2008 after he had spent a successful 12-month spell at the club on loan.

If they do sanction his sale, they would be looking for a fee in the region of £30m for a player who is widely regarded as the best in his position in the world.

“I will try to buy good players, of a good level who will suit a top level club but I can’t say their names – good players,” Benitez said cryptically.

“I don’t talk about players of other teams. We have to analyse the future and then we will decide what player we want.

“It’s difficult to improve something that has worked well. We are analysing everything, I think we can do it but I prefer to work calmly.

“I’ve only been here (in Milan) two days.

“It’s important to talk about important players and there will be time for that. I’m very happy to be here.”

With Mascherano and Chelsea-bound Yossi Benayoun both set to depart, Liverpool’s playing staff is to undergo major upheaval in the coming months.

The club would also allow Albert Riera, Philipp Degen – who has been linked with Marseille – Ryan Babel and Diego Cavalieri to leave if suitable offers were received.

But it is also imperative that Liverpool look to the future and vice-captain Jamie Carragher said: “I would like to thank Rafael Benitez for what he did for me and wish him luck at Inter Milan.

“Hopefully we can get a manager as quickly as we can, then we can start to look to the future.

So we quite obviously would have retained more than a faint hope of keeping the services of the best defensive midfielder in the World, if Benitez would have stayed  ??? it is also quite refreshing to hear Jamie thanking Rafa for taking him to the next level....... so no deep loathing there then ??? It must have been just the kit man and Riera that fell out with him then ......................
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:36 pm

In and Out wrote:
zarababe wrote:

:down: I'm so sad..

todaythe media's sold off all our best players and the only man on our side...

Well spoke to all the players good to hear...

Lost the dressing room.. what a pileof cro.ck  :angry:

If I recall recently, you were the one jumping up and down getting your knickers in a twist chastising Gerrard for not coming out and praising Rafa.

Have a fickle word with yourself.

by the way, good luck to Rafa at Inter.

.. who you calling fickle..  :angry: has Gerrard said anything in public ..  ??? Fookin NO..

Torres, Pepe, Mascha, Carra, Agger... GERRARD NOOOOOOO - AWOL !

now go run along and get yer FACTS right .. :talktothehand
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:58 pm

You "babe" are fickle.
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:09 am

You ' in and out' get yer head 'outta the sand' .. anno who you are.. 66 posts.. mmm !

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:15 am

:help
Last edited by In and Out on Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:40 pm

Courtesy of The Liverpool Echo
RAFAEL BENITEZ has made his first signing as Inter Milan coach after Luca Castellazzi put pen to paper on a two-year deal at the San Siro.

Benitez was only unveiled as Inter coach this week but has wasted little time snapping up the veteran goalkeeper, who is a free agent after his contract with Sampdoria came to an end this summer.

Castellazzi made 19 appearances last season before being sidelined for two months with a knee injury and losing his place to Marco Storari, but the 34-year-old claims he is now 100% fit.

“First of all I want to say thanks to Inter,” he said. “To become a Nerazzurri player gives me great pride. I really can’t wait to start, to put myself at the disposal of Rafael Benitez, I feel a great joy.

“I feel emotional, it is an honour for me to join the Inter family, I’m arriving in a very strong team.”

I expect this to be the first of a few key areas Benitez will strengthen in the summer culminating in him finally securing the signature of Mascherano and reuniting him with Cambiasso... who Benitez incidentally was interested in Last season
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:44 pm

34 year old..

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Julio-0 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:25 pm

zarababe wrote:34 year old..

Yes, second goalkeeper because Toldo is going to retire.
Castellazzi had to arrive last January but he broke his knee...
Julio-0

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:33 pm

from RAWK:  :(

An Spanish radio show interviewed Rafa Benitez last night.

I (interviewer) - First of all, how are you... because you are not just changing teams, you are changing your entire life. It's not the same for those who change teams every season, you've been there for five years!

RB (Rafa) - Yes... it's true. After six years... to change countries, cultures... it's quite something, it's a challenge but we hope to do OK.

I - And your daughters, Montse, what are they saying? What did they say when you came home and said 'pack your bags, we're leaving'?

RB - Well... initially there were tears but little by little we've taken it all in. We still have the love and gratitude of the people of Liverpool so, sometimes, this still makes us shed a few tears but slowly, slowly... they are mentally preparing themselves to leave.

I - The love and fondness of those people... you are not going to be able to forget it easily. I've heard that when you got home from holidays you found scarves tied to your fence that signified the supporters' respect and admiration.

RB - Yes, a couple of scarves and many, many letters on top of all the things that have been written on forums, etc. Many, many letters, very emotive letters because people are thanking us for Istanbul, for the FA Cup final, for the victory at the Bernabeu, at San Siro, at Old Trafford and for having placed Liverpool back where it belongs, to have given it back its prestige in Europe and recognition.

I - And now... now that time has passed and you've had time to think, what this due or is this a premature departure?

RB - I really wanted to improve a few things at Liverpool but it can't be and you just have to consider yourself lucky because you've got a job

I - It might be really painful to see that, whoever comes and replaces you, gets given everything you haven't been given. These things happen very often in football.

RB - Experience in football teaches you that you always have to look forward. You are, of course, left with that feeling of leaving something behind but, granted, the challenge is to look forward, to a very important team that has won many titles this season and to try to keep that winning mentality going.

It then moves on to talk, very briefly, about Inter but the interviewer, near the end, says:

I - Are you going to buy any LFC players?

RB - It isn't my role to buy at Inter, there's another person who takes care of that. On arrival I was told that there are already 3/4 things done. I wish Liverpool all the best but I have to concentrate on Inter, can't use up any energy on things I can't influence.

I - We spoke to Pepe Reina the night your departure was confirmed and he was absolutely devastated, broken. 

RB - Pepe is fantastic, a crack on and off the pitch. We have a very good relationship, I brought him here (LFC) and the truth is that he was a great keeper and has become an even better keeper with the experienced gained at Liverpool, working with Xavi Valero and for him, of course, it is hard to lose the people he was surrounded with. We've had talks in which he's said that he hoped Xavi would stay because he is very happy with him but, under normal circumstances and all going well, Xavi will come with me.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:37 pm

... well never doubted his and family's scouseness.. wonderful wonderful people..

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:41 pm

Ciggy wrote:from RAWK:  :(

An Spanish radio show interviewed Rafa Benitez last night.

I (interviewer) - First of all, how are you... because you are not just changing teams, you are changing your entire life. It's not the same for those who change teams every season, you've been there for five years!

RB (Rafa) - Yes... it's true. After six years... to change countries, cultures... it's quite something, it's a challenge but we hope to do OK.

I - And your daughters, Montse, what are they saying? What did they say when you came home and said 'pack your bags, we're leaving'?

RB - Well... initially there were tears but little by little we've taken it all in. We still have the love and gratitude of the people of Liverpool so, sometimes, this still makes us shed a few tears but slowly, slowly... they are mentally preparing themselves to leave.

I - The love and fondness of those people... you are not going to be able to forget it easily. I've heard that when you got home from holidays you found scarves tied to your fence that signified the supporters' respect and admiration.

RB - Yes, a couple of scarves and many, many letters on top of all the things that have been written on forums, etc. Many, many letters, very emotive letters because people are thanking us for Istanbul, for the FA Cup final, for the victory at the Bernabeu, at San Siro, at Old Trafford and for having placed Liverpool back where it belongs, to have given it back its prestige in Europe and recognition.

I - And now... now that time has passed and you've had time to think, what this due or is this a premature departure?

RB - I really wanted to improve a few things at Liverpool but it can't be and you just have to consider yourself lucky because you've got a job

I - It might be really painful to see that, whoever comes and replaces you, gets given everything you haven't been given. These things happen very often in football.

RB - Experience in football teaches you that you always have to look forward. You are, of course, left with that feeling of leaving something behind but, granted, the challenge is to look forward, to a very important team that has won many titles this season and to try to keep that winning mentality going.

It then moves on to talk, very briefly, about Inter but the interviewer, near the end, says:

I - Are you going to buy any LFC players?

RB - It isn't my role to buy at Inter, there's another person who takes care of that. On arrival I was told that there are already 3/4 things done. I wish Liverpool all the best but I have to concentrate on Inter, can't use up any energy on things I can't influence.

I - We spoke to Pepe Reina the night your departure was confirmed and he was absolutely devastated, broken. 

RB - Pepe is fantastic, a crack on and off the pitch. We have a very good relationship, I brought him here (LFC) and the truth is that he was a great keeper and has become an even better keeper with the experienced gained at Liverpool, working with Xavi Valero and for him, of course, it is hard to lose the people he was surrounded with. We've had talks in which he's said that he hoped Xavi would stay because he is very happy with him but, under normal circumstances and all going well, Xavi will come with me.

I've seen that on a few forums
Speaks volumes about the respect he commanded and what his departure has meant to the  people of Liverpool ....
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:27 pm

is it right Rafa is on radio merseyside tomorrow giving an interview , few people have said it ,

Hes not selling his house because hes coming back  :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:44 pm

heard they are looking  to rent it out .. cos they lurve it in liverpool  :)

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion