Ibrahimovic - Will he make it ? updates here...

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:13 am

well.. everyone seems to think hes a bad buy for Barcelona and that Etoo is the better player of the two... this is where we'll decide on things...

reports and updates to be posted here...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:17 am

ill start it of..

Fabio Capello compared new Barcelona star Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Marco Van Basten...
28 Jul 2009 20:31:53

Former Milan and Juventus coach Fabio Capello has always been an admirer of new Barcelona star Zlatan Ibrahimovic. He tried to sign him from Ajax during his period as Roma coach, and finally got to work with him at Juve between 2004 and 2006.

The current England boss thinks the former Inter man can become greater than Dutch legend Marco Van Basten, a player he also worked with in the early 1990s when he coached Milan.

"When Zlatan arrived in Italy he was a rough diamond," Capello said to La Repubblica. "But now he is very complete, the best striker in the world and he's impossible to mark inside the area. I know comparing Van Basten to Ibrahimovic is like comparing Picasso to Rothko, but I believe that because of his power and his technique Zlatan will become stronger than Marco.

"Zlatan needed to learn and mature, but he's an intelligent lad. He also has an incredible gift for maintaining his position, freeing himself from defenders and at the same time seeing a pass, a space or a chance to shoot."

The highly respected coach continued to compare the two players, "Marco was born with the ball at his feet, in his case it's something innate. Meanwhile, Zlatan was too in love with the ball, it seemed like he enjoyed more playing tricks with the ball than trying to shoot.

"That changed when I showed him Van Basten's videos. Since then he plays much closer to the penalty box. What Van Basten and Ibra have in common is their natural elegance. We're talking about giants who are like poetry in movement."
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:37 am

What are you expecting of him at Barca?

By the by, that's from goal.com so it can't be trusted.
LFC2007

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:44 am

LFC2007 wrote:What are you expecting of him at Barca?

By the by, that's from goal.com so it can't be trusted.

Real Madrid ambassador Zinedine Zidane said yesterday: "If I were president of Madrid I'd try to sign him." England boss Fabio Capello added: "His movements remind me of Marco van Basten." And Johan Cruyff insisted: "Ibrahimovic is exceptional, a great asset to Barcelona."

dont think theyd make up quotes LFC... but anyways...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:48 am

Roberto Mancini:

“For me, there is no doubt that he is the best striker in the world and he is worth whatever people are willing to pay for him. He is a better striker than Eto’o.

“Barca would be perfect for him and he would become even better. He has a lot of character, he’s a great professional and he has all the qualities of a champion: power, speed, technique, and a good header of the ball.”

Luis Suarez:

“Zlatan is individually better than Eto’o, at least from a technical point of view. It will be a good transaction.”

Fabio Cannavaro:

“As a No. 9, he is No. 1.”

And ofcourse, Jose Mourinho’s famous quote: “Ibrahimovic is better than Cristiano Ronaldo.

“When I think of great players, I think of Kaka, Lionel Messi and Ibrahimovic. But for me, Zlatan is the best of them all.”
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:52 am

aCe' wrote:Real Madrid ambassador Zinedine Zidane said yesterday: "If I were president of Madrid I'd try to sign him." England boss Fabio Capello added: "His movements remind me of Marco van Basten." And Johan Cruyff insisted: "Ibrahimovic is exceptional, a great asset to Barcelona."

dont think theyd make up quotes LFC... but anyways...

This is goal.com remember, the website responsible for producing 90% of the uncle Albert material that resides in the rumour mill.  :D

I'm also interested in the other question, though, because it's more relevant to the thread. That was, what are you expecting of him at Barca? Do you think he'll live up to the remarks attributed to Zidane and co.? Do you yourself rate him as highly?

Also, do you think the deal was a fair one, or did Barca overpay?
LFC2007

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:02 am

i think barca overpaid... i dont personally think ibrahimovic is that much better than etoo... but the stuff i hear on this forum about ibrahimovic is absolutely staggering i have to say... the guy to me is one of the best 3 strikers in the world easily.. i think hes better than many give him credit and i think with a side like barcelona he'd prove all the doubters wrong... what many seem to have a problem with is his performances in the cl games.. well, i agree that he didnt offer much against english oppo in the CL, but then again intermilan as a side didnt either... their over reliance on Ibrahimovic as their only attacking asset has cost them in those game... does that make him an average player ? nope... does his attitude make him any less of a world class player ? not to me no... as i said.. with this Barcelona side i have no doubt that he'll come to be seen by most -if thats not the case now- as one of the best players in the world.. along with Torres, Messi, Kaka, C.Ronaldo and a reemerging Ronaldinho, i think this is the best the world has to offer in terms of attacking talent today....
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:04 am

by the way some of the quotes from above arent from goal.com... theyre from the mirror.. cant be arsed providing links because i dont think many care really -i wouldnt- so yea...anyways...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:27 am

For me he isn't in the same bracket as Kaka, Messi, Eto'o, Torres, Ronaldo and co, not nearly. A stronger, refined version of Berbatov is what he is I'd say. Technically he's obviously excellent in many respects but the Ronaldos, Messis and co have a substantial amount more, in turn they're even more refined, and clearly their styles all differ. In terms of balance, dribbling and agility on the ball I think he's far behind them. It's not as natural or fluid. He strikes the ball very, very well though from all ranges (that's his main strength if you ask me), can use his static skill/craft to help set things up for himself and his teammates. He's strong, powerful, although not particularly good in the air (that means we'll draw Barca in the Champions League and he'll score a CRACKING header). He can be quite wasteful, and is the type of player to go missing when it matters, which is his achilles heel for me - he's never really done it on the big stage. For the type of money he's gone for, you expect big, big things, not just 'good' seasons but outstanding ones where he consistently scores 20-25 league goals and sets up another 10. Well overrated IMO, but time will tell.

... theyre from the mirror

Another 'reputable' organisation  :D
LFC2007

Postby The Fabiomenal 1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:44 pm

I think Ibrahimovic was overpaid but he's however better than Eto'o. I guess for Barcellona nothing or almost change compared to have Eto'o because behind Ibrah there play simply the best world players. Barca has a proven and fantastic playsystem. Inter run down instead. It won all the last Italian championships without a playsystem, but only passing the ball to Ibrahimovic. I'm sure Eto'o will find it hard to get into Inter unless Mourinho'll astonish me. Stankovic, Zanetti, Muntari and Cambiasso can't pass the ball as well as Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Henry. Eto'o isn't an extraordinary goal's inventor like Ibrah. On the other hand if Mourinho will be able to create a good playsystem for his squad they're probably do better in Champions League than in the past.
The Fabiomenal 1

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:44 pm

Most overrated player in the world ever , yes he's world class but he's being marked up as if he's god . I'd have torres before anyone of them even villa before ibra or eto. Honeslty ibra has got to be the most arrogant footballer alive , barca were mugged on this deal , they lost a better striker and overpaid for ibra. Mourinho must be laughing all the way to the bank . As for the indivgual teams , ibra will do better at barca i feel as with xavi , messi and iniesta and henry even voronin would get the goals. Inter need a creative midfielder as they depended not only on ibra score but also create chances , that is why they tried to make a last ditch attempt for alonso and now they have tried to go for wesley sneijder who needs this move to revatilize his career . Cracking player , good passer of the baller and the creative sort that inter have been craving for. Inter will probably walk the serie A this year again if they get him , only juventus have a real shot at challenging. Ac are finished and are only left with ronaldinho , pato and pirlo who could even be leaving
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:17 pm

I think he's sh!t.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Fabiomenal 1 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:26 pm

I think all Barca's players hate Ibrahimovic right now. He gains 12 M, it's disgusting!
The Fabiomenal 1

Postby Julio-0 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:48 pm

The Fabiomenal 1 wrote:I think all Barca's players hate Ibrahimovic right now. He gains 12 M, it's disgusting!

9 M :)
Julio-0

Postby The Fabiomenal 1 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:45 am

Are you sure is it just 9?
The Fabiomenal 1

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion