Rafa benitez appreciation thread - Part 2

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Tue May 21, 2013 2:18 pm

I actually think PSG would be the perfect job for him. He's excellent in cup competitions and the French league is a competition they should win even if they decided to go the whole season without a manager. What they need is someone who can organize the side (not many managers who are better at sorting out the defensive side of things), bring in a few good players (they have the money to do that, Rafa has the contacts and the reputation to bring in top players), and come in with champions league experience to help them progress as far as possible in the competition.

Napoli is a much harder job. The team is pretty much set up (in terms of personnel at least) to play a certain way. They dont have the financial capabilities or the reputation to attract the big players he'll want, and the last time  he was in Italy it didn't go too well for him. Yes they are in the Champions league, but I dont think they'll expect or have what it takes to even get past the group stages.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Tue May 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Surprised City haven't shown interest.  Its Europe they're failing in so who better than a man thats won 3 European trophies in 10 years as well as competing in the latter stages most other years. 

Also has 7 years PL experience and hasn't done too badly in them. 

I reckon he'd take a short term contract as well to stay in England. 
They're mad not to give him a go.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Homebooby » Wed May 22, 2013 11:25 am

I am made up for him that he finished the way he did. For me it was a necessary gamble as he was starting to look unproven in todays game, always the bridesmaid and never the bride. I think this showed that he can deal with a lot of adversity, keep his credibility and walk away with his head held high. Considering he never did us any wrong I would be stunned if any of us on here had any differing views.

He's hung around waiting for Liverpool to come back to him for a while now, but I think that road is closed for the time being and he would do well to break out and build on what he has just done. I would like to see him at Man City as I agree with the above that he'd be well suited there, but perhaps a break from the UK is appropriate. He does seem quite fixed on staying where his family is though right?
Homebooby

Postby babu » Wed May 22, 2013 11:47 am

Homebooby » Wed May 22, 2013 10:25 am wrote:I am made up for him that he finished the way he did. For me it was a necessary gamble as he was starting to look unproven in todays game, always the bridesmaid and never the bride. I think this showed that he can deal with a lot of adversity, keep his credibility and walk away with his head held high. Considering he never did us any wrong I would be stunned if any of us on here had any differing views.

He's hung around waiting for Liverpool to come back to him for a while now, but I think that road is closed for the time being and he would do well to break out and build on what he has just done. I would like to see him at Man City as I agree with the above that he'd be well suited there, but perhaps a break from the UK is appropriate. He does seem quite fixed on staying where his family is though right?

I'm glad Rafa earned some rubles, I don't really care what he did at Chelsea. I also hope he does not manage a premier league team anytime soon.

I don't want Rafa back right now, not with a manager in place whom has not done much wrong and not had enough time (in my opinion). I would prefer to see him overseas.

For all he has done, I wish him the best, but not at our expense.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri May 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Homebooby » Wed May 22, 2013 10:25 am wrote:I am made up for him that he finished the way he did. For me it was a necessary gamble as he was starting to look unproven in todays game, always the bridesmaid and never the bride. I think this showed that he can deal with a lot of adversity, keep his credibility and walk away with his head held high. Considering he never did us any wrong I would be stunned if any of us on here had any differing views.

When Rafa took over at Chelsea they were 4 points behind United. At the end of the season they finished 14 points behind United. Credit to Rafa for winning the EL but just how good was his league performance, compared to BR, given the talent he had at his disposal? Just an observation and not a criticism of Rafa who I have a lot of time for.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri May 24, 2013 4:33 pm

signed a 2 year contract at napoli.

all the best to him.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri May 24, 2013 9:29 pm

Good luck in Napoli
Benny The Noon

Postby devaney » Sat May 25, 2013 9:14 am

Rafa you know we all love you and will never forget 2005. Now what about this swap deal Carroll for Cavani.....

All the best Rafa.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Sat May 25, 2013 2:27 pm

devaney » Fri May 24, 2013 1:26 pm wrote:

When Rafa took over at Chelsea they were 4 points behind United. At the end of the season they finished 14 points behind United. Credit to Rafa for winning the EL but just how good was his league performance, compared to BR, given the talent he had at his disposal? Just an observation and not a criticism of Rafa who I have a lot of time for.

Weren't they the fifth best side in the league during Rafa's time there or something?  ??? That would go some way to explaining the points difference from when he took over. Winning the EL was a good effort right enough albeit they were the favourites and it was a competition many poo pood when Hodgson's Fulham side reached the final. They were also knocked out of the Carling Cup fairly comfortably by Swansea, and failed to win the World FIFA exhibition event so I wouldn't be going overboard with the praise. Overall, though, when you factor in the situation with the fans I think you'd have to concede he did a tidy job.
LFC2007

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 25, 2013 10:06 pm

good move for him and i hope he is successful there.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Mon May 27, 2013 8:38 pm

devaney » Fri May 24, 2013 1:26 pm wrote:

Pretty good considering the squad is completely unbalanced and he had no support.

Also: https://twitter.com/LFCFansCorner/statu ... 89/photo/1
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon May 27, 2013 9:39 pm

If that's her real account and it hasn't been hacked then that is funny as feck!  :buttrock
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon May 27, 2013 10:46 pm

If that IZ true, it's bleedin' hilarious :)
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby mart » Tue May 28, 2013 12:06 am

I dont know if its her real account but it was funny as hell.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:40 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion