Ibrahimovic - Will he make it ? updates here...

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:37 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
john craig wrote:Barce were ripped off completely in that swap deal.  Eto'o plus cash for Ibrahimovich?  Eto'o is the better player anyway, never mind the extra cash.

Ibrahimovich can't do it in the big games.  It's why Italian football watchers rave about him and the rest of us can't believe he's a professional footballer sometimes (we only see him in the CL and Internationals).

His miss last night was the latest example of it.  Absolute serial offender in 'big game choking'.  Barce will regret that deal.

we'll see by the end of the season. He's not as good as Torres or Eto but he's a top player. With the extra exposure he will get playing for Barcelona people will start to take notice of him this year.

I genuinely think you are blinded by the little snippets you see of some of his showboating.
His touch and some of the things he can do with the ball are fantastic.
But his end product is awful and he has never done anything in the big games.
He will score goals at Barca but any half decent player would.
Eto is definately a better striker, and Eto and money for him was ridiculous.
Jamie Redknapp the other night said i bet when Jose Mourinho was offered the deal he drove Ibrahimovic all the way there.
I bet he would have if he had to.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby bigmick » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:08 pm

Unsurprisingly, Mourinho has been given no credit whatsoever for doing the deal. If Rafa had done a deal of Fabregas plus 20 million for Lucas, people would be hailing him as a genius. Because it's Mourinho though, it's Barcelona's ricket and nothing to do with the Portuguese, nothing to do with his negotiating skills or otherwise. Presumeably people will forget about the money brought in too, dismissing it as "add-ons" which will enable them to stick to the "Mourinho is only capable of buying success" line.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:15 pm

English football is genuine on the pitch and off the pitch. Unfortunately in latin countries such as Italy or Spain, Mourinho or Rafa do not negotiate and they're lucky if they're given what they ask.

I wouldn't have troubles to give credit to Mourinho if there was an evidence of his influence, but this time I'll give credit to Maximo Moratti. :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:20 pm

Fecking Moratti :angry:
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:34 pm

:laugh:

It only took three pages
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:40 pm

:O Indeed it did mate, but it's still retrieveable I think. Just tell everyone what you're on about and we can get the topic back on track.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:36 pm

it only took 3 pages for your maureen worshipping to appear
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:39 pm

More the fool Barca than the genius of Mourinho.
LFC2007

Postby bigmick » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:45 pm

GYBS wrote:it only took 3 pages for your maureen worshipping to appear

I really can't see Ibrahimovic being successful (and I think that's the track cleared of debris and rubbish now so the thread can meander along till it's hearts content).
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:45 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:
john craig wrote:Barce were ripped off completely in that swap deal.  Eto'o plus cash for Ibrahimovich?  Eto'o is the better player anyway, never mind the extra cash.

Ibrahimovich can't do it in the big games.  It's why Italian football watchers rave about him and the rest of us can't believe he's a professional footballer sometimes (we only see him in the CL and Internationals).

His miss last night was the latest example of it.  Absolute serial offender in 'big game choking'.  Barce will regret that deal.

we'll see by the end of the season. He's not as good as Torres or Eto but he's a top player. With the extra exposure he will get playing for Barcelona people will start to take notice of him this year.

I genuinely think you are blinded by the little snippets you see of some of his showboating.
His touch and some of the things he can do with the ball are fantastic.
But his end product is awful and he has never done anything in the big games.
He will score goals at Barca but any half decent player would.
Eto is definately a better striker, and Eto and money for him was ridiculous.
Jamie Redknapp the other night said i bet when Jose Mourinho was offered the deal he drove Ibrahimovic all the way there.
I bet he would have if he had to.

i dont deny that Barcelona were ripped off and that Eto is the better player, if it was my team i would much rather have kept Eto. However what i wont have is that Ibrahimovic is poor or average, when anyone who's watched any Italian football over the past few years, will agree with me that he is a speicial talent and is clealy a good player. Granted he has failed to shine in the champions league, but he hasnt played for a team that has competed properly for one yet. If he has the right attitude at Barcelona he could be huge for them as that team will provide plenty of ammo for goals, but its down to him because he can be extremely lazy, a bit like Berbatov i guess. I would say that he has more talent than Berbatov though. He scored again today which makes it 3 in 3 in the league, and id be suprised if he dosnt change a few peoples minds by the end of the season.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby iCampbell » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:45 pm

Ibrahamovic isn't quite playing in the CF role as Eto'o did, Eto'o could switch with Henry or Messi at will, Abrah can't do it as well as him. He has good goal scoring abilities, better than Eto'o but overall Eto'o rapes him.
iCampbell

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:07 am

Opened the scoring in the 5-2 rout of atletico madrid
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:22 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Opened the scoring in the 5-2 rout of atletico madrid

Then disappeared for the remaining 88 mins.  :D

He will get goals I've no doubt (obviously not against the big teams  :p ). The amount of chances Barca create means that eventually he'll get one in but whereas Eto'o was capable of getting two or three in a lot of games I just don't see Ibrahimovic doing that often.

Barca wanted rid of Eto'o so I've heard as he was too disruptive behind the scenes and Inter were the only team apparently willing to take him on. This is fair enough I suppose but I just can't understand why Barca then forked out another €30m on Ibrahimovic when they were apparently very close to getting Villa. All the better for us if we ever get enough money in the transfer kitty I suppose.  :D
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:25 pm

He is not the same type of player as Etoo. Etoo is always working hard with his movement trying to make things happen. Ibrahimovich is more of a sit and wait for a chance type player. So far you can't say he isn't doing well.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:36 pm

He will always score a fair amount of goals against the weaker defences and he is a very good player but nowhere near as good as he himself thinks he is or others think he is and he certainly isnt worth 30 mil plus etoo ?!?! it should of been Ibrahimovic plus 30 mil for etoo . When he comes up against the top defenders his lack of work rate and all round lazy play just shows him up .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion