Rafa benitez - Updates

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:27 pm

Molby's bellybutton fluff wrote:He was a good guy who tried his best. He did brilliantly to win the ECL with some of the rubbish Houllier left him, and when Gerrard did his Roy of the Rovers bit to win us the FA Cup single handed it looked as if we were onto something. It didn't work out in the end as we all know, but he gave it his best shot and evey genuine Liverpool fan will wish him well.

At Inter he's taking over the European Champions and the team has won everything for the last few years. He's also got money to spend, so really the pieces are all in place for some success for him at last. Four seasons without a trophy is too long for a man of Rafa's calibre, and I'm sure he'll break his sequence this season in Italy. Good luck to him.

to be honest mate i agree with loads of your posts but not the fa cup one.
Yes Gerrard pulled it out of the bag but in the earlier rounds Rafa did a great job, knocking out united and chelsea.
I think at that point we were at our best under rafa.
I dont think he thought it though and him not using crouch shows that.
In that season when crouch was our main striker with sissoko and alonso in the middle i genuinely feel that we were so so close.
The community shield against chelsea showed that for me.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:18 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:The community shield against chelsea showed that for me.

The 2-1 win. Sissoko was absolutely boss in that game. Remember it well. We didn't have Torres or Masch at that time but thinking back we didn't have too many dodgy players either. Kewell on the left, Gerrard on the right, Alonso-Sissoko midfield, Crouch, Bellamy, Cisse, Garcia our attacking options, and a very sound defence (our best under Rafa) and Reina. Defo one of the best sides we had under Rafa along with the 08/09 one. We didn't maintain that balance, though. We brought in Agger, Torres and Masch but our attacking options as a whole eventually diminished to just Torres. Concurrently, we sold Riise and replaced him a total numpty, Sami got old and didn't play as often and in the end left... his replacement Skrtel not even half as good, and finally Alonso left for Madrid and we didn't adequately reoplace him either....The final result is a very imbalanced squad.
LFC2007

Postby Molby's bellybutton fluff » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:33 pm

I liked that team too. Sissoko was a good player, and he dovetailed with Alonso very well. I liked Gerrard on the right, and when Kewell was fit we looked like just about the best team in the league.

As far as the FA Cup win goes, what I meant was Gerrard in the final. We beat Man Utd on the way and played very well. Crouch got the only goal with a header from the corner, but we were well on top all game.

In the final tho, Gerrard was unbelieveable. His long shot in the dying seconds when we were out on our feet is surely one of the best FA Cup final goals in history.
Molby's bellybutton fluff

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:01 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:The community shield against chelsea showed that for me.

The 2-1 win. Sissoko was absolutely boss in that game. Remember it well. We didn't have Torres or Masch at that time but thinking back we didn't have too many dodgy players either. Kewell on the left, Gerrard on the right, Alonso-Sissoko midfield, Crouch, Bellamy, Cisse, Garcia our attacking options, and a very sound defence (our best under Rafa) and Reina. Defo one of the best sides we had under Rafa along with the 08/09 one. We didn't maintain that balance, though. We brought in Agger, Torres and Masch but our attacking options as a whole eventually diminished to just Torres. Concurrently, we sold Riise and replaced him a total numpty, Sami got old and didn't play as often and in the end left... his replacement Skrtel not even half as good, and finally Alonso left for Madrid and we didn't adequately reoplace him either....The final result is a very imbalanced squad.

I think Sissoko before his eye injury was the epitomy of what Rafa wants in a team. Stop the other team from playing and winning the ball in key areas.
He was brilliant at it.
Seriously think that team was the best rafa team....and thats pre torres.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:04 am

would anybody here sell Alonso to PART finance the purchase of the oh so brilliant Gareth Barry and when that collapses spend all your money on an injury prone player?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:55 pm

Big Niall wrote:would anybody here sell Alonso to PART finance the purchase of the oh so brilliant Gareth Barry and when that collapses spend all your money on an injury prone player?

Havent you got enough blood out of Rafa now .
Benny The Noon

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:57 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Big Niall wrote:would anybody here sell Alonso to PART finance the purchase of the oh so brilliant Gareth Barry and when that collapses spend all your money on an injury prone player?

Wehres the blood? he got 6 million, a job at the italian champions and the ability to poach all our players.. im sure he'll survive mate
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:01 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

Wehres the blood? he got 6 million, a job at the italian champions and the ability to poach all our players.. im sure he'll survive mate

No doubt mate - yet people still feel it neccesary to attack the man on a constant basis - even more so on his very very nice gestures that has come to light
Benny The Noon

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:09 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

No doubt mate - yet people still feel it neccesary to attack the man on a constant basis - even more so on his very very nice gestures that has come to light

im staying compeltely out of rafa conversations mate, i'll get lynched
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:10 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

Thats cool mate - maybe its time just to let the guy have a break now and remember all the good things of and on the field .
Benny The Noon

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:11 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

Thats cool mate - maybe its time just to let the guy have a break now and remember all the good things of and on the field .

we agree  :nod
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:33 pm

stmichael wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Speaking of 2 players there is a rumor in the mail today saying he wants Masch and Kuyt for 33Mil.

Mascherano is worth that on his own.

he can have lucas and kuyt for 33million?
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:04 pm

He can have them for feckin 20.
tonyeh

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:07 pm

Get on the photographs of a young Rafa ... about 2mins 12 in
Italian interview
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:18 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Get on the photographs of a young Rafa ... about 2mins 12 in
Italian interview

Never knew he was fluent in Italian an all , and whats thats pin he is wearing , wonder if its an SOS PIN  :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion