Rafa benitez appreciation thread - Part 2

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu May 16, 2013 4:01 pm

jacdaniel » Thu May 16, 2013 2:13 pm wrote:I think he did better than expected.  They'd only won 2 out of their last 8 games when he took over and were already out of the CL. Their season was starting to go downhill fast.

From 6th the previous season, they'll probably now finish 3rd and qualify for next seasons CL.
Out of the CL when he took over.  Whats the next best thing?  Motivate the players to go and win the EL and set up a chance of a Super Cup.
Did well in the cups too despite falling a little short.
Got a few goals out of Torres. 

He's laid the foundations for the next manager.

I honestly think any manager with half a clue could have got top 4 with them.

They have been hit and miss in the league despite having what I think is the best squad in the league.

Like i said he's done ok but i wouldnt say anything special.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri May 17, 2013 1:59 am

Ben Patrick » Thu May 16, 2013 3:01 pm wrote:
jacdaniel » Thu May 16, 2013 2:13 pm wrote:I think he did better than expected.  They'd only won 2 out of their last 8 games when he took over and were already out of the CL. Their season was starting to go downhill fast.

From 6th the previous season, they'll probably now finish 3rd and qualify for next seasons CL.
Out of the CL when he took over.  Whats the next best thing?  Motivate the players to go and win the EL and set up a chance of a Super Cup.
Did well in the cups too despite falling a little short.
Got a few goals out of Torres. 

He's laid the foundations for the next manager.

I honestly think any manager with half a clue could have got top 4 with them.

They have been hit and miss in the league despite having what I think is the best squad in the league.

Like i said he's done ok but i wouldnt say anything special.

I'd say that's fair to extent Ben but it can be no easy feat when literally the whole club practically detests you. It would be like pi$$Ing in the wind. You'd have to be b.loody head strong to come out of that at the other end with achieving what he has achieved, I think that's the real barometer to measure this by because it's not an ordinary situation. The dignity he has shown and come out with stratifies him a good class or two above those morons down at the 'Bridge' imo.

http://forums.cfcnet.co.uk/index.php/to ... r/page-153   :D  enjoy.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri May 17, 2013 4:44 am

I read a few pages.

Chelsea are a unique club. Players careers at the club average 3 times longer than their managers. Managers come knowing they'll not last and be handsomely paid off, players don't rebel against managers because they know the manager won't last anyway. Similarly, the fans don't have to gel with a manager or respect his gameplan because papa Abramovich absurdly ensures a new manager has massive funds to spend but will cut them off before they have a chance to see their plans come through to fruition unless there is an immediate improvement. So its rather like watching 30 3 minute Tom & Jerry cartoons one after the other - if you don't like the one you're watching don't worry, they'll be another one on in a minute. 

The fans didn't have to support Rafa because he was immediately undermined by the club stating he was an interim manager. Round 1 to the fans. Then they turned up with their silly A4 signs saying Rafa Out and gained a lot of publicity - round 2 to the fans. The team sulked and screwed up their first few games drawing etc.. - round 3 to the fans + players etc.. Speculation that Rafa wasn't going to last more than a month - round 4 to the fans and fast moving towards a victory of getting Rafa out of the door - ALL to the detriment of the club. Fortunately the low mental age of the fans took over and they got bored booing Rafa at every game and he gelled the team into some winning performances. The fans finally realised it was better to STFU and see out the season. Rafa wins the UEFA cup and gets them into 3rd place possibly. End result, an excellent outcome after totally unreasonable behaviour by London's finest plastic fanbase. What does Rafa owe them - fkuc all, job done - as much job satisfaction as being the head of Nato forces during the Bosnia war.

And people say Maurice is heading back that way and the fans will have a 3 month wankfest. Only Maurice should be aware, it's never a good idea to go back to your first girlfriend and believe me, those fans have changed, they arrogantly build up then destroy manager after manager - Maurice needs to quickly study the fate of the interim managers that have had that job since he last walked out.

The special one will become the next figure of derision, just you wait. 2 years max.

José Mourinho June 2004 September 2007 185 games (all competitions)
Avram Grant September 2007 May 2008 54 games
Luiz Felipe Scolari                   July 2008 February 2009 36 games
Ray Wilkins February 2009 February 2009 1 game
Guus Hiddink February 2009 May 2009 22 games
Carlo Ancelotti June 2009 May 2011 109 games
Andre Villas-Boas                  June 2011 March 2012 40 games
Roberto Di Matteo                  March 2012 November 2012 42 games
Rafael Benítez November 2012 May 2013 47 games
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 20, 2013 9:34 am

The CL Final 2005 has just be shown again on Sky

Still brings a lump to my throat going through all the emotions that night - the closing credits give me goosebumps

Rafa showed exactly what he could achieve that night with a team not littered with stars

He got what it meant to be a part of our great club - he knew what to say and what to do because he felt he was part of the family - and he was and he always will be and it's why he is still thought of so highly by Liverpool fans ( well most at least ) . He never got a chance to finish the job he started - hopefully he gets that chance.
Benny The Noon

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 20, 2013 4:19 pm

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon May 20, 2013 5:08 pm

in talks with napoli apparently. would be a great move for him even if they do lose cavani.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 20, 2013 7:12 pm

Great input

This is the Rafa "Appreciation" Thread.

It appears you struggle with that concept
Benny The Noon

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 20, 2013 11:48 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon May 20, 2013 6:12 pm wrote:

Great input

I only struggle to understand why you insist on posting:

I WANT RAFA BACK
I WANT RAFA BACK
I WANT RAFA BACK
I WANT RAFA BACK
I WANT RAFA BACK
I WANT RAFA BACK

You've posted this thousands of times...we get it. Why continue to pine away and repeat it, every week?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redno7 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:01 am

Mouriniho leaves real Madrid at the end of the season,  Rafa to Madrid?
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 21, 2013 12:06 am

redno7 » Mon May 20, 2013 11:01 pm wrote:Mouriniho leaves real Madrid at the end of the season,  Rafa to Madrid?

no chance
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 21, 2013 2:27 am

redno7 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:01 am wrote:Mouriniho leaves real Madrid at the end of the season,  Rafa to Madrid?

Possible but think Ancelotti is there choice - Rafa could go to PSG
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue May 21, 2013 2:29 am

Benny The Noon » Tue May 21, 2013 1:27 am wrote:
redno7 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:01 am wrote:Mouriniho leaves real Madrid at the end of the season,  Rafa to Madrid?

*their*
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 21, 2013 2:32 am

7_Kewell » Mon May 20, 2013 11:48 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Mon May 20, 2013 6:12 pm wrote:

Great input

I only struggle to understand why you insist on posting:

I WANT RAFA BACK
I WANT RAFA BACK
I WANT RAFA BACK
I WANT RAFA BACK
I WANT RAFA BACK
I WANT RAFA BACK

You've posted this thousands of times...we get it. Why continue to pine away and repeat it, every week?

Actually my post was mainly talking about CL 2005 and the way he was with the fans and how he got us

But you ignore that fact

Remember it's the "Rafa Appreciation" - all your doing us whinging and crying about what people post.
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 21, 2013 2:33 am

Kenny Kan » Tue May 21, 2013 2:29 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Tue May 21, 2013 1:27 am wrote:

*their*

Benny The Noon

Postby Reg » Tue May 21, 2013 12:52 pm

Rafa linked with Napoli. Not good for Monte and the kids back in West Kirby.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion