Ireland vs france - Cruch time

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Dazzer » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:01 am

Judge wrote:article from the internet:

where ireland in on it?

Cheatgate, day two, and the sheer scale of the plot to deny Ireland a place at the World Cup becomes ever more apparent.

There are so many guilty parties, a millipede would struggle to point the finger at all of them.

Blame Thierry Henry for handling the ball then refusing to fess up (but didn't he show lovely technique to kill the ball dead with his first touch, then caress it onto his right foot with his second?).

Blame William Gallas for not 'doing a Paolo Di Canio' when the ball came across to him (no, not a fascist salute, that thing where he caught the ball and stopped play).

Blame the referee for not spotting the infringement, blame his linesman for not flagging offside and blame the fourth official for not having a quiet word in the ref's ear.

Blame FIFA for refusing to sanction a replay, for seeding the draw in France's favour, for failing to introduce video technology and for Sepp Blatter's smug, bloated face.

Blame Michel Platini for... well, for being French. Robbie Keane said Platini and Blatter would have been sending each other congratulatory texts. Nonsense. They have flunkies to do that sort of thing for them.

Blame World Cup sponsors Adidas, whose teams - according to Damien Duff - FIFA are desperate to have at the big party.

Early Doors would also suggest blaming the Irish defence for not heading away what looked an innocuous free-kick. Without their uncertainty, Henry could never have executed the dastardly plan.

Which begs the question: were the Irish in on the whole thing?

Did the game take place at all, or was it filmed in a studio in Area 51? Who was driving the white Fiat Uno that played Henry onside, and why was there a grassy knoll obscuring the referee's view of the handball?

There is so much anger, what was essentially just some foul play and a refereeing mistake has turned into a giant, sprawling conspiracy.

But if football's powermongers had the ability to fix the World Cup, how do you explain the existence of a fixture guaranteeing either Greece or Ukraine qualified?

And if Wednesday's game in Paris was stage-managed, wouldn't a routine 1-0 win to the French have been easier to pull off, rather than the forces of evil waiting until the 109th minute before exerting their malign influence? Or couldn't they have just awarded France a penalty for Shay Given's borderline challenge on Nicolas Anelka?

The FA of Ireland demanded a replay, making a rather transparent attempt to persuade FIFA the soul of football was at stake, not merely their chances of going to the World Cup.

Almost at the same instant, Giovanni Trapattoni injected an element of sanity, admitting a replay was "impossible" and focusing instead on the tangential issue of whether they should have been playing extra time at all.

Henry's subdued celebrations at the end of the game did not stem from guilt, but from a certain knowledge that he would be slaughtered.

We all love a public hanging, and ex-players, managers, pundits and white van men duly lined up to condemn him.

Even Arsene Wenger, the man who made Henry great, and who recently headed a vociferous and perplexingly successful defence of Eduardo da Silva, said he should have owned up.

Henry is a man who spent years taking flak for trying to score the perfect goal, and valuing style over substance, who finally signed up to the win-at-all-costs creed, who kicked the beautiful game square in the breadbasket and who tarnished his years of brilliance with a moment of subterfuge.

It's almost like something out of a Greek tragedy, and with a similar setting - you could probably mistake St Denis for Hades.

Henry is described in today's papers as 'repulsive', 'le cheat', 'sickening', 'seedy', 'a pariah', 'a figure of hatred and ridicule', and - thanks to the Daily Star for this one - 'a twit'.

Irish fury is completely understandable, but the feeding frenzy of moral outrage in the British press could not be less dignified if it necked 20 Bacardi Breezers and staggered through the streets of Cardiff with its knickers round its ankles.

- - -

QUOTE OF THE DAY: FAI chief John Delaney: "Does he want to be remembered like Maradona?" Well, yes, he almost certainly does.

Sorry but that is a load of rubbish past the 12th line ish.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:57 pm

anyone who says it was a reflex is eithe a liar or a retard as he did it twice, almost grabbing the ball the second time.

Henry is a cheating kunt but so are most footballers (damien duff said he would have tried the same) so I don't believe Henry is more of a cheating kunt than most of the players who play  this game.

Gilette should dump him as there is no way Federer or Tiger Woods would cheat to win but then football has no morals and if a rapist has football skills fans would want him in their team.

Henry is a cheating kunt though and that is what he will always be remembered for - a shame that he has ruined his legacy.

Yes, the officials should have spotted it but that doesn't take away from the fact that Henry, like most footballers, is a cheating kunt.

I will always believe that at that moment the officials made a deliberate decision to ignore all the offenses to please FIFA (and nobody thought Anelka could get a penalty for his dive - why wasn't he booked though?)

I didn't bother watching the football earlier as I don't give a sh1t about all the cheating kunts in this game.

And if Roy Keane is reading this (unlikely) I hope you die a painful death you fukking failed manager :angry:
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:34 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Bit childish really .

If torres did the same to win the prem - not one of us here would give two fecking sh.its .

exactly
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:11 pm

I saw Evra taunting the irish by offering a replay on his playstation. Bet he thinks it is funny but he forgets  that he has to play against some of these players before the world cup.

I think Dunne or somebody else should set out to break his leg so he doesn't get to go. I would also be happy if one of them did it against Henry but only O'shea will get the chance in the champions league. I would love him do it.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:06 pm

Big Niall wrote:I saw Evra taunting the irish by offering a replay on his playstation. Bet he thinks it is funny but he forgets  that he has to play against some of these players before the world cup.

I think Dunne or somebody else should set out to break his leg so he doesn't get to go. I would also be happy if one of them did it against Henry but only O'shea will get the chance in the champions league. I would love him do it.

and wouldnt that make them just as bad as Henry and co? going by your sporting moral rule book.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:26 am

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:48 am

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Their top man's named Thierry and everything.  Brilliant!
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Big Niall » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:47 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
Big Niall wrote:I saw Evra taunting the irish by offering a replay on his playstation. Bet he thinks it is funny but he forgets  that he has to play against some of these players before the world cup.

and wouldnt that make them just as bad as Henry and co? going by your sporting moral rule book.

There are no morals in football so I think the Irish players should seek to break the leg of Evra and Henry so they miss the world cup.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:20 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Bit childish really .

If torres did the same to win the prem - not one of us here would give two fecking sh.its .

exactly

No I would actually, sure I'd be happy for the win but it would be very tarnished, I do believe in playing the game and NOT cheating. I actually don't like it when Stevie starts diving, it's so unnecessary when quality players do that.
heimdall

Postby Big Niall » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:56 pm

exactly.

some people here have thought it un LFC when I criticised SG for diving (i.e total cheating) in the past.

does football mean anything or is it just who can cheat the ref the most?

I will post on general chat etc but I feel the sport is :censored: now, it was clearly a stitch up to ensure the underdog didn't win.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:32 pm

A special meeting of FIFA has been called about the Playoffs ???
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:50 pm

Fifa to meet over play-off issues
Sepp Blatter
Fifa president Blatter will lead the meeting on 2 December

Fifa has called for an extraordinary general meeting in December to discuss incidents at the World Cup play-offs.

It is likely Thierry Henry's handball during the Republic of Ireland-France match will be discussed, though a replay has already been ruled out.

Crowd trouble before, during and after Algeria's victory over Egypt could also come under the microscope.

Fifa is also keen to discuss football betting irregularities and issues surrounding refereeing in matches.

BBC Radio 5 live sports news correspondent Gordon Farquhar said it had been a particularly difficult few days for football's rulers.

Apart from the incidents in the play-offs, the Iraqi football association has been suspended for government interference and 17 people arrested in connection with allegations of match-fixing in 200 games in nine different European countries.

606: DEBATE
Henry is a cheat and the epitome of the corruption in Fifa

superlativepatrick

Farquhar added: "Extraordinary meetings of Fifa's executive committee are unusual.

"At this point Fifa is unable to expand much further on its statement announcing the meeting but these issues are threatening to overshadow the draw and preparations for the World Cup in South Africa. Clearly Fifa president Sepp Blatter wants action."

There was no doubt that the Henry handball, which effectively wrecked the Republic of Ireland's chances of reaching the World Cup, would be high on the agenda, he said.

But a senior Fifa source told the Press Association: "A replay is impossible. It would be against the rules of football."

However, the idea of having an extra referee's assistant behind each goal, as is the case in the Europa League, might well be discussed.

The system is being championed by Uefa president Michel Platini and would have to be approved by the International Football Association Board before it could be brought into the World Cup.

The Football Association of Ireland have said they would be happy to contribute to Fifa's discussions.

The meeting will take place on Wednesday next week in Cape Town, when executive committee members are already due for a meeting to discuss the seedings for next year's World Cup. The draw will be held two days later.
Benny The Noon

Postby tonyeh » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:31 pm

"A replay is impossible. It would be against the rules of football."

Hmmmm...since when were deliberate handballs part of football rules?
tonyeh

Postby Big Niall » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:57 pm

I don't think a replay can  happen as then every game is open to question.

I would LOVE Henry to be banned from the world cup though.

I'd then just find Evra and break his fukken legs myself.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:57 pm

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has claimed the Football Association of Ireland asked to be included in the World Cup finals as an extra team following the Republic of Ireland's controversial play-off exit to France.

The Republic lost to a play-off extra-time goal in Paris scored by William Gallas after Thierry Henry handled the ball in the build-up.

Blatter admitted for the first time the World Cup play-off system must be examined as a result of Henry's handball and the controversy which surrounded the match.

But he ruled out the Republic being added to South Africa 2010 as team 33.

FIFA are holding an extraordinary executive committee meeting on Wednesday to deal with a number pressing issues, with fair play at the top of the agenda following Henry's infamous extra-time handball.

Speaking at the Soccerex conference in Johannesburg two days before the Cape Town meeting, Blatter said the current rules would have to undergo serious examination.

"On one match it is decided if you are in or out and this is not the spirit behind this World Cup," said Blatter.

"We must have a look at this. There is so much at stake."

With a replay ruled out, Blatter claimed the FAI had subsequently requested to be included as an extra country at the World Cup.

"Naturally they were unhappy with what happened and asked very humbly whether they could be team number 33," said Blatter.

"I will bring it to the attention of the executive committee but if we do that, we will also have to bring in Costa Rica."

The Costa Ricans believe they too were eliminated unfairly - this time by an offside goal scored by Uruguay - but Blatter's tone suggested it was inconceivable FIFA would add any more countries to the 32-team finals next year.

Blatter also gave the broadest hint yet the use of two extra officials behind the goal, currently being trialled in the Europa League, could be introduced in time for the World Cup.

"It's possible we will make additional officials for the World Cup but we have to see if it is feasible or realistic. Something has to be done in terms of match control."

If Wednesday's meeting gives this the green light for any rule change, it will have to go the International FA Board's annual meeting in March for final approval.

"How can it happen that all over the world, through TV cameras, we have seen through a cheating handball that a pass was given for a goal?" said Blatter.

"Everyone is asking what is and what isn't fair play. The highest crime in football is touching the ball with the hands."

Think its now time for them to move on tbh , it will start getting embaressing for them - they are victims of a poor ref call - it happens - move on .
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion