France vs portugal

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:29 pm

coolsobs wrote:WTF?

If you think that was a dive you haven't seen about 5 of portugal's penalty appeals, im sure gerrard would have dived under contact like that and probably has.

I'm not talking about Portugal.  They are a disgrace, but we already know that.  Some of their players should have seen red for their acting tonight.

Looking at the France penalty incident objectively and not considering anything the Portuguese have done in that game or the one before against England, it shouldn't have been given.

Trouble is, half the people on this forum can't be objective about it because they are still bitter that Portugal beat England.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:31 pm

coolsobs wrote:im sure gerrard would have DIVED under contact like that and probably has.

But I see you're still admitting it was a dive anyway, so what's your point?
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:42 pm

Who gives a fk.We got to see Ronaldo crying again and Portugal got knocked out of the cup in a fitting fashion it was just a pity the ref didnt send Carvaliho off for the foul on Henry.
         Am I bitter? you bet Im fkn bitter. The cheating :censored: Portugese cost me money and England a chance to win world cup.
account deleted by request

Postby Bman » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:07 pm

john craig wrote:
coolsobs wrote:WTF?

If you think that was a dive you haven't seen about 5 of portugal's penalty appeals, im sure gerrard would have dived under contact like that and probably has.

I'm not talking about Portugal.  They are a disgrace, but we already know that.  Some of their players should have seen red for their acting tonight.

Looking at the France penalty incident objectively and not considering anything the Portuguese have done in that game or the one before against England, it shouldn't have been given.

Trouble is, half the people on this forum can't be objective about it because they are still bitter that Portugal beat England.

Hold on a minute people can and are objective even if there English. Dont bring bitterness into it mate theres no point.

That was a CLEAR CUT penalty irrespective of what Portugal did. So for me thats not even a talking point fella, but there is more controvesy (?) surrounding the way Portugal played. They played the game and tournament in an unsportsmlike manner.
Football is getting worse its ridiculous and the refs should be booking these cheats. Thats more of a worry to football in general than Henrys RIGHTFUL pen.
Last edited by Bman on Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bman

Postby Seb 33 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:13 pm

WE ARE IN FINALE !!!!!! EVERY BODY IS HAPPY IN FRANCE !!!! I'am sorry for England, i was for they. C.Ronaldo' come back will be verry difficult for he ! Good night every body and : ALLEZ LES BLEUS !!!!!
Seb 33

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:22 pm

s@int and Binman - dry your eyes lads :laugh:

I don't give a fu.ck if you lost money and I don't care how hard done by you feel because Portugal beat England, in my opinion Henry dived.  And if you both weren't so BITTER you'd admit that.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bman » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:48 pm

After reading your posts, your the one who reads bitter. Get a life or get laid do something you miserable jealous tw@t.
Last edited by Bman on Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bman

Postby Bman » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:57 pm

john craig wrote:I'll dry my eyes lads 

I do give a fu.ck I lost money and I do care how hard done by you feel because inside my bitter Irish shell theres an Englishman waiting to get out.  England, in my opinion are fantastic and my homeland ireland are :censored:. I'd admit that.

:talktothehand
Last edited by Bman on Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bman

Postby weringo » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:25 am

john craig wrote:s@int and Binman - dry your eyes lads :laugh:

I don't give a fu.ck if you lost money and I don't care how hard done by you feel because Portugal beat England, in my opinion Henry dived.  And if you both weren't so BITTER you'd admit that.

Your opinion is wrong
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:46 am

John I expected better than this off you mate. Your wrong and everybody else knows it so nuff said.
account deleted by request

Postby davo_LFC » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:08 am

I totally agree with John, henry dived. No question about it, there was the slightest contact, certainly not enough to take his standing leg and he fell to the floor like a bag of spuds. Also, like John mentioned, henry has let him self down and i thought he was better than that. First that shocker against spain, holding his face when he was hit in the chest and now this. He is only human but its funny the way when its henry coz the lads a good personality in the game, its a foul not a dive but if its ronaldo its a dive straight up(i'll admit the little kunt is deservedly a renound diver, and it is almost always a dive straight up)but tonight his dives were rightly ignored but henrys wasnt. The bbc were saying its stone wall penalty, yet if it was a portuguese player i'd reckon they would say it was a dive which it was.

Don't get me wrong, portugal got a taste of their own medicine and that was good to see because they have been tw@ts throughout the tournament and their performance especially tonight was shockin in their diving antics. Double standards with henry though, defo.

Happy it happened to carvalho the ugly bast@rd but i thought henry was better than that.

And saint it wasnt portugals antics that cost england the world cup, it was themselves, they were totally shi.te and deserved fu.ck all and had no chance of winning the world cup. Simply not good enough.

Get over it now anyways boys, portugal are out, ronaldos crying, everyones happy but henry cheated to win that penalty. End of.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:24 am

It's a grey area for me, lads.  Carvalho (couldn't have happened to a nicer c.unt) clearly made contact with Henry's standing leg but the contact was weak at best and yet Henry went down heavily.  I think, had the ball not run away from him as it did he might have stayed on his feet and had a pop at goal.  As it was, he went down and got the call.  Not exactly sporting but no more than Portugal deserved (the old adage 'live by the sword, die by the sword' comes to mind :D ).

On another note, Zidane illustrated how to take a penalty that no keeper--not even a charmed penalty stopper like Ricardo--can stop.  It takes a good deal of bottle to place the ball where he did but when it's struck as sweetly as that, there's no stopping it.  Had the England lads had the energy--or bottle--to take risks with their penalty kicks they might have got more joy on Saturday.

I was also delighted to see that cheating little mincer Ronaldo sent packing...if only he'd been carded and the ref had winked at him...that would have been perfect! :angry: :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:11 am

Good to see that nancy-boy crying because his worthless, stinking team have been f*cked allover by a team of higher-class cheats.

Let's all be honest in our appraisal of this match;

Two cheating, universally hated nations competing to finish as runners-up in the World Cup. (Italy will win 1-0, with Henry missing several p*ss-easy chances. THIS is my prediction for the final.)

It's f*cking sad when the World Cup final is contested by two cheating, wankbandit countries, with no more right to be there than the c*nting team that lost to a debatable penalty.

If this World CUp has shown us anything, it's that FIFA need their wings clipping, before people turn their backs on football once and for all.

Cheats ruin.

Simple, but true.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby radun5 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 am

I thought it was a clear contact that prevented Henry from reaching the ball.

I am not English, and although it's true I was rather biased against the portuguese, I like to think I am quite impartial when it comes to these decisions.

This penalty was one of the most clear penalty givent at this WC! well not so clear as some that were NOT given :eyebrow:
radun5

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:14 am

Henry did dive but his wernt as bad as swan feckin lake Ronaldo, and it could'nt have happened to a nicer person one of the biggest cheats in the prem Ricardo Handball carvalho.
Plus Moureen will be going off his head now great reason for Portugal to get beat IMO.  :buttrock
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion