France vs portugal

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:24 am

Excellent result. And how I love to see Ronaldo being booed and then crying his eyes out at the end
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby emmanuel » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:27 am

"Lando_Griffin
LFC Elite Member

Group: LFC Premium Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good to see that nancy-boy crying because his worthless, stinking team have been f*cked allover by a team of higher-class cheats.

Let's all be honest in our appraisal of this match;

Two cheating, universally hated nations competing to finish as runners-up in the World Cup. (Italy will win 1-0, with Henry missing several p*ss-easy chances. THIS is my prediction for the final.)

It's f*cking sad when the World Cup final is contested by two cheating, wankbandit countries, with no more right to be there than the c*nting team that lost to a debatable penalty.

If this World CUp has shown us anything, it's that FIFA need their wings clipping, before people turn their backs on football once and for all.

Cheats ruin.

Simple, but true. "

Not a very fair comment. For once Italy didn t cheat too much during this competition (am a french supporter with no particular sympathy for Italy btw). More important for me is that France did play a football with a good spirit, committed to play and not to act (except for the exagerated reactions of henry,- brazil for exemple - but each time there was fault against him) coach and players never complained ofr the bad referring (penalty against switzerland and goal against korea)and talked first about their own failures. You haven t seen the bench crying for each décisions made by the ref (like the portuguese and "big" phil whatever). more important they played a tough football, without falling aroud at each contacts.
Trying to be objective there, i would be the first to blame France if they were cheating.

On this cup, France spirit was more the like of germans and english
emmanuel

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:08 am

davo_LFC wrote:I totally agree with John, henry dived. No question about it, there was the slightest contact, certainly not enough to take his standing leg and he fell to the floor like a bag of spuds. Also, like John mentioned, henry has let him self down and i thought he was better than that. First that shocker against spain, holding his face when he was hit in the chest and now this. He is only human but its funny the way when its henry coz the lads a good personality in the game, its a foul not a dive but if its ronaldo its a dive straight up(i'll admit the little kunt is deservedly a renound diver, and it is almost always a dive straight up)but tonight his dives were rightly ignored but henrys wasnt. The bbc were saying its stone wall penalty, yet if it was a portuguese player i'd reckon they would say it was a dive which it was.

Don't get me wrong, portugal got a taste of their own medicine and that was good to see because they have been tw@ts throughout the tournament and their performance especially tonight was shockin in their diving antics. Double standards with henry though, defo.

Happy it happened to carvalho the ugly bast@rd but i thought henry was better than that.

And saint it wasnt portugals antics that cost england the world cup, it was themselves, they were totally shi.te and deserved fu.ck all and had no chance of winning the world cup. Simply not good enough.

Get over it now anyways boys, portugal are out, ronaldos crying, everyones happy but henry cheated to win that penalty. End of.

Couldn't have said it better myself :bowdown

Bman - what are you?  12?  Being Irish has nothing to do with this, however being an English fan does - clearly it's going to be harder for you to be in any way objective about Portugal and decisions that have gone for or against them, given what Ronaldo did against England.  That's not a criticism, it's a fact.

S@int - if 'I'm wrong and everyone knows it' then why are opinions so split on the matter?  And to be honest I expected better of you.  It's naive to think England would have gone on and won the tournament had it not been for the ref in the portugal game.  Look a bit closer to home - the team played sh.it, everyone knows it and they didn't deserve to go any further than they did.

As I've said before, I don't like Portugal either, I'm glad they're out and I'm glad Carvalho got screwed over.  But if Henry had dived like that in an Arsenal shirt against Liverpool, the two of you would have been fu.cking livid, not defending him.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bman » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:16 am

john craig wrote:Bman - what are you?  12?  Being Irish has nothing to do with this, however being an English fan does - clearly it's going to be harder for you to be in any way objective about Portugal and decisions that have gone for or against them, given what Ronaldo did against England.  That's not a criticism, it's a fact.

Yesterday it was Binman, you threw insults my way and said I couldnt be objective because I'm English  ??? 
I think your the one who acted like a twelve year old, your going on about Ronaldo I'm not ! . I'm saying that was a penalty simple as any contact in the box like that and its deemed a penalty. That has nothing to do with Ronaldo thats not a critisim, it's fact.
Last edited by Bman on Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bman

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:30 am

Bman wrote:
john craig wrote:Bman - what are you?  12?  Being Irish has nothing to do with this, however being an English fan does - clearly it's going to be harder for you to be in any way objective about Portugal and decisions that have gone for or against them, given what Ronaldo did against England.  That's not a criticism, it's a fact.

Yesterday it was Binman, you threw insults my way and said I couldnt be objective because I'm English  ??? 
I think your the one who acted like a twelve year old, your going on about Ronaldo I'm not ! . I'm saying that was a penalty simple as any contact in the box like that and its deemed a penalty. That has nothing to do with Ronaldo thats not a critisim, it's fact.

Well you're either 12 or else for an adult you don't have particularly thick skin, which you're going to need to develop quickly if you continue to post on here.  Calling you Binman was a bit of banter, which you obviously can't take.  Yet you edited one of my posts completely slagging off the Irish - the difference is I don't take particular offence to someone insulting me on the internet.

There's a difference between saying 'someone can't be objective because they're English' and 'it's harder for an English fan to be objective regarding Portugal given what's happened in the tournament'.  I said the latter, so don't twist my words.

And how am I 'going on about Ronaldo?'  I mentioned him to illustrate that he's the main reason why some English fans are livid with the Portuguese right now.  Basically I was trying to help you justify your bitterness.

As for the actual penalty, it was a dive plain and simple, but we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:39 am

My opinion of the French people rose last night.  The fact that they booed Ronaldo for what he did against the English is quite surprising.  I know there were probably some English and German fans in there too raising the volume, not to mention others, but it did sound to me like the French were at it.  Ronaldo needs to change his attitude or he'll get stick for many years to come.

It's a shame that the stakes have got so high that the 'Beautiful Game' is no longer a fair description...it's rarely beautiful, and hardly a game any more.
:(
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Bman » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:47 am

When I edited your post it was a bit of Banter right, if thats slagging off the Irish mate, then your the one who needs the thicker skin, you threw the banter insults my way you took this discussion off it's track not me.

There is a difference between what you typed, but you dont mean that. Lets be fair I've read some of your posts from way back about Scousers in Liverpool, George Best etc.... When the shoes on the other foot you get your back up. It appears you like to have a dig at the English every now and then, maybe its you who is bitter or you just have a huge chip on your block son.

You dont need to help justify my "bitterness" with your pathetic examples, its not for you to do that. I'm not bothered about our WC exit we're out because we were poor, no more no less. Obviously your the one who's still ruining Ireland didnt qualify so you'll wind the English up as it will make your little mind feel good for a few days.
Last edited by Bman on Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bman

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:56 am

Bman wrote:I've read some of your posts from way back about Scousers in Liverpool, George Best etc....

Sounds like you're the one with the chip... son

Look, I'm not Portuguese, no need to vent your anger at me.  And hey, there's always 2010 :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:29 am

all i can say to Portugal is ''what comes around goes around''

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha..............breath..........hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ha

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:56 am

Henry was fouled definately, he changed direction quickly and with Carvalho being his marker (the master of the diving in tackle) he was caught. Probably not enough contact to warrant the theatrics of the fall, but he was caught probably slowing him down from reaching the ball.
Tbh if i was Henry and in that situation i would do exactly the same. If your fouled there's nothing to say that you should try to stay on your feet, Henry would of been stumbling and probably lost part of his balance anyway.
I think it was a penalty and that Carvalho shouldnt of dived in. Henry milked it but so what ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:13 am

Ace Ventura wrote:Henry was fouled definately, he changed direction quickly and with Carvalho being his marker (the master of the diving in tackle) he was caught. Probably not enough contact to warrant the theatrics of the fall, but he was caught probably slowing him down from reaching the ball.
Tbh if i was Henry and in that situation i would do exactly the same. If your fouled there's nothing to say that you should try to stay on your feet, Henry would of been stumbling and probably lost part of his balance anyway.
I think it was a penalty and that Carvalho shouldnt of dived in. Henry milked it but so what ?

I must admit, that's how I saw it.  The tackle probably wasn't enough to fell Henry, but it was possibly enough to give other defenders enough time close him down.  This makes Carvalho's actions unfair, and takes the advantage away from skillful and attacking players.  This, ultimately, is why free kicks and penalties are awarded, for unfair play.  If Henry had struggled to get his balance back he probably wouldn't have been awarded a penalty.

It depends what is meant by a dive:
You could argue it was a dive, because Henry could have struggled on.
You could argue it wasn't a dive, because there was contact.

If it had happened against Liverpool, I would say that our defender shouldn't have dived in, in that part of the pitch.  If Gerrard had been the one who fell over, which he has on more than one occasion, I'd have said "Well done, now don't miss the penalty!"
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Judge » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:31 am

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:01 pm

Can somebody please explain to me how the f#ck Pauleta has scored 46 goals in 86 games for Portugal? The guy makes Sean Dundee look like Robbie Fowler. Last night was proof that a team can have all the width in the world, but a sh#t striker still won't score goals regardless of how good the service is.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:08 pm

stmichael wrote:Can somebody please explain to me how the f#ck Pauleta has scored 46 goals in 86 games for Portugal? The guy makes Sean Dundee look like Robbie Fowler. Last night was proof that a team can have all the width in the world, but a sh#t striker still won't score goals regardless of how good the service is.

Feck knows.  Top scorer in the French league last season too.  Never been impressed with the lad when I've seen him in the major tournaments for Portugal.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:13 pm

john craig wrote:Top scorer in the French league last season

where have i heard that before? :oops:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion